Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Patterson and Hoilett

Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:09 pm

Neither should have been in the line up today. I don't blame them as they both do their best but neither are Premier quality. We can't just put in players who are " great lads if I' m honest" :shock:
Paterson now looks woefully out of position. All our opponents know how limited he is and can defend against him.Last week Neil said it was a game too far!! More like 6 games too far. The experiment is over, dead, caputt!

Hoilett scored two great goals for us, but apart from that does not offer much at Pre m level. The opposition full backs outpace him, so he usually ends up running circles and passing the ball short (Or going down looking for a free kick.). I don't accept how well he does defensive duties as nearly all the Newcastle threat was down Bennett's wing.
Note to Neil Warnock - please do NOT put them in the starting line up.
Please use PACE in the team and 2 wingers that possess some threat. :thumbup:

Re: Patterson and Hoilett

Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:11 pm

Warnock to loyal to them both sh*t and out of their league

Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:25 pm

Lengee wrote:Neither should have been in the line up today. I don't blame them as they both do their best but neither are Premier quality. We can't just put in players who are " great lads if I' m honest" :shock:
Paterson now looks woefully out of position. All our opponents know how limited he is and can defend against him.Last week Neil said it was a game too far!! More like 6 games too far. The experiment is over, dead, caputt!

Hoilett scored two great goals for us, but apart from that does not offer much at Pre m level. The opposition full backs outpace him, so he usually ends up running circles and passing the ball short (Or going down looking for a free kick.). I don't accept how well he does defensive duties as nearly all the Newcastle threat was down Bennett's wing.
Note to Neil Warnock - please do NOT put them in the starting line up.
Please use PACE in the team and 2 wingers that possess some threat. :thumbup:

100% spot on. Believe Murphy is by far more of an attacking threat than Hoilett with pace that would terrify any defence and he also has a decent shot and scores goals. Paterson hasn’t played well for 5/6 games and it would be nice to see Reid given a chance sitting just behind Niasse/Sala. Paterson needs a rest.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:55 pm

Great post Warnock too loyal and giving ‘great Lads’ games. Warnock sets up to stay in the game for 70 mins then hopes it tight or one nil. This needs to change fast otherwise we are doomed

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:24 pm

Good post. Hoilett has been s**t all season apart from 2 wonder goals and he even played crap in those games. He just runs around in circles as he seems to have lost all his pace this season for some reason, and Paterson has been poor for a while now and needs a break out of the starting 11. Murphy and Reid in, who at least will offer some movement and pace and will give the opposition defenders something to worry about.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:12 am

At one point in the second half we had NML (our most threatening attacker), challenging and winning a ball at right back. He had to pass it forward(long ball) to Patterson who could not take the pass as he was too slow and not ready / anticipating to make the run. It just struck me as patently obvious that it should be the other way around! WHY are we still playing that system? Surely it is dispiriting for our forwards to be passing it to Patterson upfront!
Rightly or wrongly Healy came on in front of Reid as a sub last week. This week not even in the subs bench. WHY?
If Gunners was injured then WHY have him on the bench? Also WHY not have Damour in the squad if we needed a defensive midfielder. He would do a decent job but is completely overlooked.If Gunners was fit WHY didn't he play -it is no coincidence that our defence is more solid with in front of it!

Don't get me wrong I still support Warnock and there may be decent explanations but these things puzzle me!

We will now have NML Sala Niasse Zahore Reid and Murphy as potential attackers. To me they could provide the basis of a very decent attack. For God's sake let's use them and have a bit of a go! After these we have other players like Ward Healy Kadeem Harris Patterson and Hoillet. In my view none of the latter group should be in the starting 11 at present.(Although Harris and Healey have had little opportunity).

On a positive I'd give some credit today to Peltier today as he seemed on his way ....but put in a solid performance, far more solid than Bennett.