Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rob Phillips:To my mind, the most damaging defeat of the sea

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:13 pm

Rob Phillips:

To my mind, the most damaging defeat of the season for @CardiffCityFC. Hardly mustered a shot on goal and a psychological blow to drop back into the bottom 3 - though they have been there previously this season. Tepid display, Niasse no service. Really poor.

Re: Rob Phillips:To my mind, the most damaging defeat of the

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:20 pm

Put out arguably the most attacking team this season, let alone away. So what went wrong?

I have been saying for several weeks it is actually our defence where we are most
desperate for new players with Premiership pedigree rather than a striker.

More likely to get quality in defence with what we spend than strikers. Mentally our defenders are at Championship speed against Premiership movement.

Oh well in Neil we trust.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:42 pm

totally agree they hold our midfield back chasing shadows. Bennett's positional play has been dreadful the last few games and Peltier is a league 1 player

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:45 pm

The most attacking formation all season, away from home and with a injury hit midfield and defence?

Doesn’t make sense.

I, for one, am not giving up hope just yet but we need gunners and Arter back in midfield and quick. Murphy and ML, will
Provide opportunities for Niasse and Sala to convert.

We do have enough quality around us to survive, we just need to play to our strengths.

:bluescarf:

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:54 pm

Keli wrote:The most attacking formation all season, away from home and with a injury hit midfield and defence?

Doesn’t make sense.

I, for one, am not giving up hope just yet but we need gunners and Arter back in midfield and quick. Murphy and ML, will

We do have enough quality around us to survive, we just need to play to our strengths.

Spot on :thumbup: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:08 pm

I cannot see the point in blowing 15 million in Sala for what, 4 months? He will be off when we go down.
We need Reid and Murphy firing and after playing....think we are sunk though, 2 massive games, 2 total failures and no we have some tough games coming up. Save your cash vinnie. As much as I love Neil, I wonder if he can cut it in the PL. :old:

Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:11 pm

Defenders were diabolical

Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:15 pm

Funny things is, if you look at the stats, we had 47% possession, probabaly more than in any game this season, yet we created the least amount of chances, than any game this season

Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:35 pm

Keli wrote:The most attacking formation all season, away from home and with a injury hit midfield and defence?

Doesn’t make sense.

Mmmmm that's the point we don't and will he?

Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:45 pm

rickyd67 wrote:totally agree they hold our midfield back chasing shadows. Bennett's positional play has been dreadful the last few games and Peltier is a league 1 player

Bennett is a bomb scare. Highly likely to give away penalties.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:19 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Doesn’t make sense.

Mmmmm that's the point we don't and will he?

I honestly believe we do, the real question as you say is “Will he?”
:bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:28 pm

Paterson is not a striker, he wins headers but that is it, he needed a rest. Ralls is just crap, hoilett not much better. Nowhere near enough quality, his summer signings left us way too short. And today’s selections and tactics were wrong, he didn’t know how to change it and we suffered. As soon as I saw the starting line up the writing was on the wall.

I can see why there is a reason he hadn’t managed in the premiership for long. He has to address midfield and the back 4.

Trouble is, another game has gone and the last 2 games we needed more than 1 point.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:41 pm

I found it very disheartening today. After signing 2 lads eager to help us out, we were weak in midfield and we're leaking goals for fun. Quite depressing.
If we can't become tighter in midfield and defensively we've had it because i think theres only 2 clubs possibly worse than us (and that's debatable) - Fulham and Huddersfield.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:05 am

I firmly believe we need to come away from man to man marking. yes man to man at corners but leave it at that.
It pulls our defenders all over the place, at one point yesterday when Bamba was on the halfway line we had Camarasa as the only defender just outside the box in a central position.

Im guessing NW would say that we have had 3 clean sheets out of our last 4 in the league though.
But no defenders came out to close down on the first goal, no midfield players closed down, just Niasse chasing him.

We are on a desperate slide and Newcastle looked there for the taking early on, but with Pats up top its only ever going to be flick ons and he looks to have been found out now.

Our wing play is non existent, now we have Sala we need to whip in crosses at every opportunity otherwise we will have wasted 15 million.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:33 am

londonlegal wrote:Put out arguably the most attacking team this season, let alone away. So what went wrong?

I have been saying for several weeks it is actually our defence where we are most

More likely to get quality in defence with what we spend than strikers. Mentally our defenders are at Championship speed against Premiership movement.

I find it difficult to trust any manager who plays a donkey like Peltier (if I was as bad at my job as he is id have the sack) and the embarrassment that is Bennett shocking again

Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:41 am

Gutted by yesterday, but we’ve got Morrison, Gunnar and Arter to come back and now Sala in as well.

Zohore should be fit now and hopefully Reid has done enough to now get the chance he deserves.

Problem we have is we are running out of chances.

Tough ask now, really need something in our next few games

Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:42 am

Take some lessons on how to bloody well tackle and stop all this running back. Bring back Phillip Dwyer. It's a disgrace.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:51 am

Lawnmower wrote:Gutted by yesterday, but we’ve got Morrison, Gunnar and Arter to come back and now Sala in as well.

Zohore should be fit now and hopefully Reid has done enough to now get the chance he deserves.

Gunnar shouldn't have been left out to come back in

Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:53 am

Gutted by yesterday, but we’ve got Morrison, Gunnar and Arter to come back and now Sala in as well.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:57 am

city74 wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:Gutted by yesterday, but we’ve got Morrison, Gunnar and Arter to come back and now Sala in as well.

ah you just play people carrying knocks, then, get criticised for doing that when they are out for weeks.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:47 pm

city74 wrote:

I expect he was carrying a knock.

Warnock said he had a few struggling and Gunnar was probably one of them

Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:01 pm

Tim, you make some very valid points there and it's hard to disagree :thumbright:

With the returnees, the new players (and maybe one or two more to come) it isn't as bleak as some would have us believe but it won't stop them. It's all they know and what they do best...! ;) :laughing6:

Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:52 pm

Sven wrote:

Tim, you make some very valid points there and it's hard to disagree :thumbright:

With the returnees, the new players (and maybe one or two more to come) it isn't as bleak as some would have us believe but it won't stop them. It's all they know and what they do best...! ;) :laughing6:

Thanks Sven.

Yesterday’s result has left us with a mountain to climb, and we are probably more than 50% likely to go down.

However, a couple of decent results can turn it on it’s head so there’s still plenty to fight for

Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:58 am

City74, you talking about the same manager who got the club promoted on peanuts. You are a joke mate.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:42 am

city74 wrote:
londonlegal wrote:Put out arguably the most attacking team this season, let alone away. So what went wrong?

I find it difficult to trust any manager who plays a donkey like Peltier (if I was as bad at my job as he is id have the sack) and the embarrassment that is Bennett shocking again

list of managers not including Cardiff managers who have selected these 2 players.
benitez
phil brown
neil redfearn
lee clark
sven
brian mcdermot
billy davies
mark robbins
gareth southgate
Gordon stachan
tony mowbery
paul lambert