Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

More signings needed

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:17 pm

If we have any ambition about staying in this division we need to do two things IMO:

1) More signings. Buy two more midfielders. One who can get their foot in and break up play and another who can play further forward, keep the ball and chip in with a few goals/create chances. Hoofball MUST come off the table. Get a right back and back up in central defence ... one who can play the ball confidently out. We give away possession much too easily

We can't get any more loan signings from the Prem and I have no idea who can fit the bill for the above. BUT we're as desperate in the middle and at the back as we were 'up front'. I think we have enough fire power in Niasse & Sala but they need the service from the middle as well as from 'out wide'. I'm sure there will be plenty of ideas. From reading previous posts the Nigerian who played for Hibs sounds a good shout if still available. Can't remember his name.

2)Get our mojo back. Our fans are magnificent & have been incredible both home & away but the players & management have to start doing a bit more ... take a few more risks?

Re: More signings needed

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:36 pm

I honestly don't think a massive amount of signings would change anything. Its down to our tactical system and negative team selection imo. I do think we need a RB and another CM though.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:51 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:I honestly don't think a massive amount of signings would change anything. Its down to our tactical system and negative team selection imo. I do think we need a RB and another CM though.

your saying quality don't matter...?
we were up against it before a ball was kicked this season,if our players were really good enough for this division we would have been receiving offers last year..
blaming tactics when week in week out your playing better teams is a tad pointless

Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:11 pm

dogfound wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:I honestly don't think a massive amount of signings would change anything. Its down to our tactical system and negative team selection imo. I do think we need a RB and another CM though.

your saying quality don't matter...?
we were up against it before a ball was kicked this season,if our players were really good enough for this division we would have been receiving offers last year..
blaming tactics when week in week out your playing better teams is a tad pointless

Where did I say quality doesn't matter :roll: I said I still think we need another RB and a CM but brining in 5-6 players wouldn't help anyone and might destroy the team spirit. And I can blame tactics and team selection when Murphy and Reid who cost a combined 22m are sitting on the bench week in week out instead of Paterson and Hoilett and our tactics consist of playing wingers as full backs which means Niasse isn't getting any support when we punt the ball up to him which is one of the reasons we've only had 1 shot on target against 2 shite teams. I still believe Warnock should stay but that's doesn't mean he's immune to criticism at times.