Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEIL WARNOCK:"NINE OF MY PLAYERS WERE CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYERS"

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:18 pm

NEWCASTLE 3 CARDIFF CITY 0 :cry:

Cardiff boss Neil Warnock:

"I didn't think it was a 3-0 game. I couldn't see them breaking through until the first goal which was poor from our point of view. We started the second half well and were dangerous and then conceded the second that killed us. We didn't have anything drop for us and they were better than us in the final third.

"Nine of the lads that played today were in the Championship last year. While we are disappointed it is not the end of the world. We looked a half decent side. I didn't think in the last third we did enough."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: NEIL WARNOCK:"NINE OF MY PLAYERS WERE CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYE

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:22 pm

I love Neil Warnock BUT... please change the record and take some responsibility for the poor performance. Getting boring now.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:23 pm

They still are Championship players.

Unfortunately they're not good enough for the Premier League.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:26 pm

Wtf has damour done not to make the bench even

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:27 pm

[quote="Forever Blue"]NEWCASTLE 3 CARDIFF CITY 0 :cry:

"Nine of the lads that played today were in the Championship last year.

As were you and your staff, for most of your career !!!

Lets have a go and try a bit of football. Malky taught me you didn't need to win the restart, you need to win the second ball,

I guess that is the last of the Paterson experiment, well i hope so

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:29 pm

stentona wrote:I love Neil Warnock BUT... please change the record and take some responsibility for the poor performance. Getting boring now.

truth is truth but if your talking to people that live ib coiokoo land and want fairy tales may lies would be better.
9 of our players won the champions league last year. happy..?

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:29 pm

Why did he spend 20 million on adding another two championship players then??,we needed to sign players with premiership experience in the summer

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:30 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:NEWCASTLE 3 CARDIFF CITY 0 :cry:

Lets have a go and try a bit of football. Malky taught me you didn't need to win the restart, you need to win the second ball,

Malky had spent a hell of a lot building a very good championship unit. something Warnock has not had the luxury of doing..

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:31 pm

He is having a laugh with those comments.

We were poor because he made us poor with his tactics and team selection, end of story, take some responsibility

He cant moan about having championship players when he has had £50+ million to spend this season and he chose them

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:34 pm

Fresh legs are needed for Arsenal, Kads,Murphy,Sala,Gunnars,Arter and Damour to play please.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:35 pm

£20 million + of summer signings on the bench Neil.

Tomlin and Madine out on loan in the Championship and League 1. How much did they cost?

You achieved something amazing here but don't toss it down the pan with poor choices and excuses.

There was a thread on here after the Leicster game about Puel not being gracious in defeat and saying he should be more like Warnock.

It would be interesting to know if they have the same opinion after the past few weeks, I think we can put that particular debate to bed now.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:38 pm

Bore off now it's the same Shi t from him every week now

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:39 pm

dogfound wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:

Malky had spent a hell of a lot building a very good championship unit. something Warnock has not had the luxury of doing..

It would be unfair to compare the two as transfer prices have obviously gone up but would be interesting to see the comparison if anyone has the time to research it.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:40 pm

thomasblue wrote:He is having a laugh with those comments.

We were poor because he made us poor with his tactics and team selection, end of story, take some responsibility

He cant moan about having championship players when he has had £50+ million to spend this season and he chose them

he made us poor.? no he took a pretty run of the mill championship team into the premier league..
i assumed every single Cardiff fan knew we were very short of quality going up.and this year would be backs to the wall every game against teams with a lot more quality than us.
asa for 50 mill, why not a bigger made up number that includes other future signings..

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:41 pm

We’ll have 25 championship players next season

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:42 pm

RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:

It would be unfair to compare the two as transfer prices have obviously gone up but would be interesting to see the comparison if anyone has the time to research it.

its very fair to compare and tbh i think everyone knows it..chalk and cheese.
and that's not to mention the fortune he spent after promotion..im not knocking MM.. but the post I quoted was just about THE most ridiculous of snowflake Saturday.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:01 pm

1 shot on target in 2 games against 2 shite sides. Need to change your tactics and team selection Neil instead of constantly persisting with Hoilett and Paterson and using our wingers as full backs.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:10 pm

Come on Neil we had nine championship players against Fulham,Wolves and Leicester too,what’s changed?

Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:20 pm

Looked a half decent side?
Is he out of his mind?
We were absolutely dreadful.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:20 pm

We start off so defensively thats why we are the only team in the prem that has'nt taken the lead or leading at half time never mind change the record change the f.cking tactics every games the same, these last 3 games where winable but you can' t win a game in your own half i would have rather lost 6 0 to newcastle but tried to score at the other end how many more games are we going to keep playing this way we have 2 new strikers next week bobby reid did more in 20 mins than patters did all game and for f.ck sake drop holliet and put in murphy holliet has lost his mojo taking on players i want a winger to play on the wing and attack and get to the byline and cross the f.cking thing i don't want a winger getting in the way off the defender stay in the top half of the pitch not back in defence that's what a defenders for and if your not in the oppositions half they can push us back even further unless your a whippet.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:21 pm

dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:

its very fair to compare and tbh i think everyone knows it..chalk and cheese.
and that's not to mention the fortune he spent after promotion..im not knocking MM.. but the post I quoted was just about THE most ridiculous of snowflake Saturday.

The money Warnock spent on Ward, Madine and Tomlin alone outstrips the money Malky spent in the Championship and none of those signings are in our first team.

I think youre wrong on this one, you said Malky spent a lot building a strong championship unit something Warnock never had the luxury of doing. I don't think that's true personally but happy to agree to disagree.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:24 pm

Championship players? Nevermind that, we had a championship manager out there too.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:29 pm

dogfound wrote:
thomasblue wrote:He is having a laugh with those comments.

he made us poor.? no he took a pretty run of the mill championship team into the premier league..
i assumed every single Cardiff fan knew we were very short of quality going up.and this year would be backs to the wall every game against teams with a lot more quality than us.
asa for 50 mill, why not a bigger made up number that includes other future signings..

He has spent around £50mill on this squad, £65mill now Sala has signed.

It should not be backs to the wall against the poorer teams in the league. He decided to play defensively not the players. He had options on the bench he decided not to use them until it was too late.
He signed the players so he cant moan they were all from the championship.
Warnocks performance the last 2 games has been poor. I like the guy and don't want him gone but he needs to take some responsibility for this form

Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:31 pm

Looked a half decent side?
Is he out of his mind?
We were absolutely dreadful.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:31 pm

davids wrote:They still are Championship players.

Unfortunately they're not good enough for the Premier League.

Let's also not forget that Warnock is a Championship manager not good enough for the Premiership and unless he goes and replaced with a manager with Premiership experience we are certain to go down

Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:33 pm

The point i was making about Malky wasn't the money but you don't have to win the restart, but the second ball. The Paterson thing only caught teams cold, it hasn't worked since Southampton and we got lucky that day.

Kick it long to Bobby Reid it doesn't matter if he does n't win it, you need 3 mobile CM's to collect the second ball, we have that.

Anyway we have a tall rangy forward now, who will be expected to collect every long punt and do something with it.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:37 pm

Madine- £6mill
Ward - £1.5mill
Murphy - £10mill
Reid - £10mill
Tomlin - £2.5mill
Cunningham - £4mill
Smithies - £4mill
Patterson £500k

Plus agent and loan fees for Arter, Camarasa and Niasse which wont be cheap takes his spending to around £50mill on that squad.

Now he has just spent another £15mill on Sala. He has been backed by the board he cant blame the fact he only has championship players

Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:45 pm

It’s beyond belief that we can’t even pass the ball. No style to our play and no strengths that can actually pay dividends. We just aren’t good at anything, not even long ball football.
By all accounts we were the worst team they have played this season.
Anybody surprised?

Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:47 pm

stentona wrote:I love Neil Warnock BUT... please change the record and take some responsibility for the poor performance. Getting boring now.

Absolutely

Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:29 pm

KWest wrote:Championship players? Nevermind that, we had a championship manager out there too.

Hit the nail on the head a championship manager that is struggling with premier league tactics.

May need to get some decent coaches in and proves he's a premiership manager