Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: NEIL WARNOCK:"NINE OF MY PLAYERS WERE CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYE

Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:39 pm

RageJon wrote:
KWest wrote:Championship players? Nevermind that, we had a championship manager out there too.

Hit the nail on the head a championship manager that is struggling with premier league tactics.

May need to get some decent coaches in and proves he's a premiership manager

His style of football is not for the premier league if you want to survive.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:42 pm

Some very unfair and emotional comments here. Ok it’s disappointing, but let’s not throw our dummies out of the pram! Warnock has tried different tactics and formations this season. Sometimes it’s worked and look impressive given our squad. On other occasions, like today, it didn’t. Nobody expected us to be where we are, still with a fighting chance of survival. Fans have played a big part in creating this chance....let’s not throw it away through negativity and unowned anger :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:02 pm

I can't see any unfair emotional comments on this thread to be fair, a lot of truth, a staunch defence from some, but nothing that's unfair or based on emotion, or am I missing something?

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:06 pm

Starting to sound like Dave Moans if you ask me and just spouting whatever fits from his managers excuse book. Two years ago 7 of the Newcastle team today were winning the Championship with them. So not much difference between both teams today in terms of ex Championship players.

For me the biggest difference is that during the summer transfer window after promotion Newcastle spent just under £50m on 6 players then during the last summer transfer window they spent another £22m on a further 5 players. We all know we haven't spent anywhere near that in terms of money spent or players signed, in short we are playing catch up.

Despite that we are just 2 points behind Newcastle after 23 games and 3 points behind 14th place which I think is amazing. It's a cliche but it's not over until the fat lady sings so we just need to keep going and hope our new signings bring something different - like a goal threat.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:29 pm

i am warnocks biggest fan, what he done in 18 months to get us promoted was amazing but he has spent our budget on players he wont play, only murphy has seen any sort of proper game time, smithies, cunningham, reid, madine, why bother signing them if you wont play them neil? baffling or planning for the championship before even starting our premier league campaign?
I got to be honest for the first time this season i am really down tonight and if we are relegated we will look back at these games against newcastle and huddersfield and think we were good enough to get more than 2 points from them if we had the balls to have a go at them not set up for a nil nil.
cant see us doing anything at arsenal which will make bournemouth a must win game for me, onwards and upwards, it cant get any worse than tonight :banghead: :banghead:

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:31 pm

thomasblue wrote:Madine- £6mill
Ward - £1.5mill
Murphy - £10mill
Reid - £10mill
Tomlin - £2.5mill
Cunningham - £4mill
Smithies - £4mill
Patterson £500k

Plus agent and loan fees for Arter, Camarasa and Niasse which wont be cheap takes his spending to around £50mill on that squad.

Now he has just spent another £15mill on Sala. He has been backed by the board he cant blame the fact he only has championship players

Totally agree.
Love wanrock but some of the things said this season are just stupid.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:20 pm

2 really bad performances in a row...don’t understand Paterson starting ahead of proper forwards.
He’s done really well up front but sides have worked him out ....time for Reid or Murphy to get a run in the side.....bit fed up of Neil W making the same comments...we’re not a bad side etc...actually we have been schit for weeks...

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:27 pm

Blueman39 wrote:2 really bad performances in a row...don’t understand Paterson starting ahead of proper forwards.
He’s done really well up front but sides have worked him out ....time for Reid or Murphy to get a run in the side.....bit fed up of Neil W making the same comments...we’re not a bad side etc...actually we have been schit for weeks...

Reid as a number 10 or alongside a striker is a no brainer ahead of paterson.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:31 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Blueman39 wrote:2 really bad performances in a row...don’t understand Paterson starting ahead of proper forwards.

Reid as a number 10 or alongside a striker is a no brainer ahead of paterson.

I agree
Its time we played to our strengths
And used our better players instead of putting round pegs in square holes

Possibly even Niasse, Sala and Reid as a front 3

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:37 pm

Ward - £1.5mill
Murphy - £10mill
Reid - £10mill
Tomlin - £2.5mill
Cunningham - £4mill
Smithies - £4mill
Patterson £500k

Plus agent and loan fees for Arter, Camarasa and Niasse which wont be cheap takes his spending to around £50mill on that squad.

Now he has just spent another £15mill on Sala. He has been backed by the board he cant blame the fact he only has championship players

dear me.

listing players he's bought for £0.5m, £2.5m, £1.5m, £4m etc. you need to get with the times. in the modern game these amounts are a pittance. FFS some players get not far off £0.5m a week. A WEEK. our total budget is substantially lower than our rivals. the vast majority of NW's signings have improved the team.

go and look at how much our rivals who have similar points have spent. newcastle, burnley, fulham etc.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:43 pm

[quote="castleblue"]Starting to sound like Dave Moans if you ask me and just spouting whatever fits from his managers excuse book. Two years ago 7 of the Newcastle team today were winning the Championship with them. So not much difference between both teams today in terms of ex Championship players.

For me the biggest difference is that during the summer transfer window after promotion Newcastle spent just under £50m on 6 players then during the last summer transfer window they spent another £22m on a further 5 players. We all know we haven't spent anywhere near that in terms of money spent or players signed, in short we are playing catch up.

Despite that we are just 2 points behind Newcastle after 23 games and 3 points behind 14th place which I think is amazing. It's a cliche but it's not over until the fat lady sings so we just need to keep going and hope our new signings bring something different - like a goal threat.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:[/quote

Positional wise it's unreal but can only score if we want to score and the last two games we've made no attempt to set out to score! Tactics are to frustrate and see if we can grab a goal out of nothing late in games, after going behind to day we showed absolute zilch in way of response until 70/80 mins be lucky get a point away never mind 3 for rest season . :old:

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:58 pm

northernbluebird wrote:
Ward - £1.5mill
Murphy - £10mill
Reid - £10mill
Tomlin - £2.5mill
Cunningham - £4mill
Smithies - £4mill
Patterson £500k

dear me.

listing players he's bought for £0.5m, £2.5m, £1.5m, £4m etc. you need to get with the times. in the modern game these amounts are a pittance. FFS some players get not far off £0.5m a week. A WEEK. our total budget is substantially lower than our rivals. the vast majority of NW's signings have improved the team.

go and look at how much our rivals who have similar points have spent. newcastle, burnley, fulham etc.

Dear me, think before you type, vast majority improved the team?

Murphy = No
Reid = No doesn't play him
Smithies = No doesn't play
Cunningham = No
Madine = No
Tomlin = No
Danny Ward = No
Omar Bogle = No
Etheridge = Yes
Camp = No
Patterson = Yes
Mendez Laing = Yes
Louc Damour = No
Bamba = Yes
Hoilett =Yes

Far far from a vast majority there.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:06 pm

northernbluebird wrote:
Ward - £1.5mill
Murphy - £10mill
Reid - £10mill
Tomlin - £2.5mill
Cunningham - £4mill
Smithies - £4mill
Patterson £500k

dear me.

The point was he has had money to spend and he chose the players so he cant moan that all he had was championship players.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:08 am

montyblue wrote:We start off so defensively thats why we are the only team in the prem that has'nt taken the lead or leading at half time never mind change the record change the f.cking tactics every games the same, these last 3 games where winable but you can' t win a game in your own half i would have rather lost 6 0 to newcastle but tried to score at the other end how many more games are we going to keep playing this way we have 2 new strikers next week bobby reid did more in 20 mins than patters did all game and for f.ck sake drop holliet and put in murphy holliet has lost his mojo taking on players i want a winger to play on the wing and attack and get to the byline and cross the f.cking thing i don't want a winger getting in the way off the defender stay in the top half of the pitch not back in defence that's what a defenders for and if your not in the oppositions half they can push us back even further unless your a whippet.

Paterson hasn't achieved anything for quite some time now. Hoilett has good close dribbling skills but in the modern game you need to be able to move that ball quicker, especially a winger.
I think Warnock has his favourites, Paterson.. or "Patto" as Warnock likes to call him, is definitely one of those.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:40 am

castleblue wrote:Starting to sound like Dave Moans if you ask me and just spouting whatever fits from his managers excuse book. Two years ago 7 of the Newcastle team today were winning the Championship with them. So not much difference between both teams today in terms of ex Championship players.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

not so different..really?
those 7 cost Newcastle a small fortune in fees and wages. we got promoted mainly with free transfers and even free agents.thier starting point in the premier league was far more similar to that of Wolves than ours.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:50 am

Ward - £1.5mill
Murphy - £10mill
Reid - £10mill
Tomlin - £2.5mill
Cunningham - £4mill
Smithies - £4mill
Patterson £500k

BIT OF PERSPECTIVE ON THIS LIST...Swansea who got relegated ad 42 million pounds worth of players who had not worked out for them out on loan last season.

can not believe we have fans that hold such a list up to support how much backing our manager has had.
we have the squad that's worth the least

we have the squad that is payed the least

conclusion the tactics/ manager are wrong....jeez

Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:18 pm

some people are just totally out of touch with modern day football and the sums required on wages and transfer fees to sustain PL football. those having a pop at NW for people like bobby reid not hitting the ground running really are in need of a reality check.

we aren't in the championship anymore. we have the lowest budget in the league (or second lowest, depending on who you believe). we were promoted ahead of multiple teams who spent substantially more than us.

that's not to say we shouldn't want the most out of the players we have - just that we do need to keep things in perspective.