Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Can we stay up?

Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:27 pm

I went into this summer thinking that this was going to be a long hard season but with a few signings of premier league quality we would give it a bloody good go at trying to stay up!

So what happened in the summer,well 1st of all we spent most of it chasing Marco Grujic! Sorry we should have told him sign for us by the end of the world cup or we will move on to other players. We then go on to spend 28 million on Josh Murphy, Bobby Reid, Alex Smithies and Greg Cunningham none scream out premier league quality. Then on transfer deadline day we sign Harry Arte and Victor Camarasa.

Out of the 6 players only 2 play week in week out. My opinion and many of you will disagree we've played our best and most attractive football with Reid and Murphy in the starting 11?

We start the season off with 3 draws ok but we should have won two of those games. We then come up against the so called big teams and Warnock bigs them up saying we really shouldn't be playing teams like this! We then proceeded to let them have the ball and sit back and watch them play and score for fun!

We then get our 1st win followed by our 2nd 3rd and 4th at home and we think we got a chance of staying up, then we pick up our 1st away win and things are looking rise. Then the rot hit in we once again sit off spurs and gift them a 3 nil win, then we are embarrassed by Gillingham but that's ok because we are saving ourselves for our next 2 season making games and we bottle it against Huddersfield who had 65% of the ball and then Newcastle who had nearly 70% of the ball and we end up with 1 point from 6 when the least we were expecting was 4.

So back to my original question how do we stay up? I don't think Warnock knows his best 11 or his best formation? We have now spent 15 million on Emiliano Sala and brought in Oumar Niasse on loan so does this mean a total change of playing style or will one of them be on the bench every week?

Do we have a chance of staying up? Yes if we tighten up at the back and create chances for our strikers, the last 2 games have made it alot harder to stay up. We now need to win every home game and pick up one or two away wins to have a chance.

Re: Can we stay up?

Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:41 pm

We can stay up but Warnock needs to change his and the teams mindset.

We are better than just trying to defend and steal a goal tactic

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:57 pm

having played all off the bottom 6 at home and played both games against huddersfield and newcastle i do wonder where the points will come from, watford bournemouth and palace home and a win from either fulham or southampton away are now vital plus we pick up a couple of surprises somewhere, i am trying to be positive but my gut feeling is we are going down

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:12 pm

Of course we can.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:28 pm

Yes of course we can stay up, and we're going to.
The team have done fantastically to keep us in touch, and now the reinforcements are forming up. That's not an idle promise because we've got two new players this week and of course we need two more. It's being done.

It's been my experience that whenever things get serious there will be weak men who get so scared that they give way to fear and run away, but there are others who run toward the sound of the gunfire and hold the line.

We've come a long way, too far to go back and far enough that with a bit more effort and unswerving determination, we shall see it through. We now need to improve, and we will because that is what is needed

Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:47 am

2blue2handle wrote:Of course we can.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:23 am

Of course.

Always thought it will go to the wire and still think that.

We’ve had two poor performances in a row, but things can quickly change.

By the time we go to Arsenal, the two new strikers will have had a week to get to know the team and hopefully that will increase spirits.

There’s also the possibility of more incomings before then. Warnock has said he hopes Sala isn’t his last signing of the window.