Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Enemy Within

Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:29 pm

Once again we see a queue of half brained gutless people kicking our boys when they're down.

I've heard this too often now , so let's be clear . There's a reason why Sir Neil is in charge of football and not you, partly because of his 50 years in the professional game and partly because he's brought us from the bottom of the Championship into the Premiership.

In the real world of human endeavour things aren't as easy as some of you pitiful whiners seem to imagine. You progress to the top slowly and painfully with a lot of dissapointments along the way , and the difference between winners and pathetic spineless losers is whether you can overcome the knockbacks, hold together and win the day in the end.

Somehow I think of the Dunkirk evacuation as I write this, when the whole nation came together to cross the channel in everything from tugboats to pleasure boats from the local park and get our boys back. An extreme comparison I know, and one which I did not intend to make here, but it presented itself somehow because I feel so deeply bloody ashamed of some of you.

Things are in hand to address the shortcomings which we were already aware of. We can see that the desperately needed reinforcements are being assembled and I promise you that they will turn the tide, but in the mean time those exhausted bloody heroes who've played beyond their abilities and given 120% to keep us in with a chance so far, had to travel and do their best today, knowing that their chances of saving any points were tiny.
They did that, but I wonder how they'd feel to hear these flabby cowards and back stabbers rubbishing them.

Anyway, bottom line , I'll be there when we turn the corner and I'm here now. My message for anyone who can't support the manager and team when they're up against it is, don't bother to come back acting like supporters when we're winning or try to associate yourselves with our future successes.

In the mean time, can't we see some messages of support and solidarity here from the real Cardiff City people !!!

Re: The Enemy Within

Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:35 pm

more of the usual drivel from you.

The last few weeks it’s become apparent to people that we aren’t good enough and we just aren’t going to cut it in this league.

Not one post I have read on here about anybody stopping supporting the team you plonker.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:46 pm

Nothing wrong with a bit of criticism when performances are not good enough. Most people also heap praise on them when they do well.

The tactics and performances the last 2 games have been abysmal and you cant hide from that fact.

You mentioned 50 years in the game.
I work in the electronic industry and I know engineers in there 60s who whilst are good at the basics of the job are not very good technically anymore anymore because the industry has moved on and they struggle to leave the good old days behind.

Maybe the same is true with warnock.
Put him into his comfort zone of the championship and he thrives.
Put him into the new world of the premier league and football science and he is lost.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:59 pm

L

https://youtu.be/Mb12quMlnNU

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:10 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:more of the usual drivel from you.

The last few weeks it’s become apparent to people that we aren’t good enough and we just aren’t going to cut it in this league.

Not one post I have read on here about anybody stopping supporting the team you plonker.

its become apparent over the last few weeks that we are not good enough..?
to who was it ever not apparent ?...we were up against it backs to the wall from day 1. but the comments on here today, no fight, no passion, wrong manager, wrong tactics suggest its still not apparent to a lot..they must think that the bookies do not make the strongest squad favs for the title and the weakest favs to be bottom but just draw odds out of a hat..
Warnock, well he said keeping this squad up would be his biggest achievement , and its true , clear, obvious.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:19 pm

It's a football forum. When we win and play well the team is going to get praised e.g. Leicester away etc. If we play poorly then people are going to give a different opinion. Doesn't mean they're right. It's what's make the forum interesting and makes you want to reply.

Am I concerned with team tactics and the last 2 perofmances... yes

Could there be reasons we don't even know about... possibly.

Are we fully behind the team to try and achive the impossible this season.... 100%

I think we need at least one prem quality CM player and RB to give us a chance. We're definitely still in this. I'm sure there will plenty more ups and downs to come. Everyone from the BBC, Gary & co, Jeff and his boys want us down. The league have given us a horrible last 7 games against teams who will probably have something to play for. Who knows what will happen but i do know the club is together this season and come saturday we'll all be 100% backing the boys!!

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:21 pm

dogfound wrote:

to who was it ever not apparent ?...we were up against it backs to the wall from day 1. but the comments on here today, no fight, no passion, wrong manager, wrong tactics suggest its still not apparent to a lot..they must think that the bookies do not make the strongest squad favs for the title and the weakest favs to be bottom but just draw odds out of a hat..
Warnock, well he said keeping this squad up would be his biggest achievement , and its true , clear, obvious.

Why you talking about bookies odds what have they got to do with fans believing that we could stay up now thinking we probably aren’t going?

This run we’ve had has been dire we looked like we had a chance before.

Now we offer nothing for nowhere we have defenders coasting into our box and passing the ball into the net we’ve lost to a league 1 team we are lucky if we have more then three shots on goal anymore.

Before everybody starts shouting out about negativity. I hope we turn it around and start at least putting up a fight but I can’t see what’s going to change for us to start doing better.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:30 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Why you talking about bookies odds what have they got to do with fans believing that we could stay up now thinking we probably aren’t going?

This run we’ve had has been dire we looked like we had a chance before.

Now we offer nothing for nowhere we have defenders coasting into our box and passing the ball into the net we’ve lost to a league 1 team we are lucky if we have more then three shots on goal anymore.

Before everybody starts shouting out about negativity. I hope we turn it around and start at least putting up a fight but I can’t see what’s going to change for us to start doing better.

it was not just bookies odds it was anyone and everyone with football knowledge, ANY football knowledge.
as for calling you negative, being honest is not negative, accepting this squad wasn't good enough is not being negative. but pretending we had a better squad than we have and looking to blame boys putting a shift in against superior players and a manager doing his best to counter the inequality is a bit crap.
its always tactics and never we were beaten by a better team, which they along with most in this division are.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:35 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote: I wonder how they'd feel to hear these flabby cowards and back stabbers rubbishing them.

do you know how to screenshot and send email? I go to college once a week to learn the email

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:39 pm

HardofHearing wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote: I wonder how they'd feel to hear these flabby cowards and back stabbers rubbishing them.

do you know how to screenshot and send email? I go to college once a week to learn the email

the Olympic stadium can really make you doubt your senses, especially hearing, try popping down Brisbane rd you might find your hearing aint to bad.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:45 pm

dogfound wrote:
HardofHearing wrote:

the Olympic stadium can really make you doubt your senses, especially hearing, try popping down Brisbane rd you might find your hearing aint to bad.

Make no mistake, Caardiff through and though :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:51 pm

complete overreaction from an hysterical OP who has clearly been deeply offended on NW's behalf by what he has read on here.

the overwhelming majority of fans are completely behind NW and the team. they know how well he has done.

that said, we have played probably our two worst games of the season, back to back. we are in the relegation zone, 2 points from safety. it would be very strange indeed if we were all singing the managers praises, in the aftermath of a poor defeat and performance.

there are always a couple of clickbait 'warnock out' posts that you often get following a defeat, but these are not representative of the fans. criticising signings, individual players for poor performances, and tactics after the final whistle does not make anyone less of a fan.

f*cking snowflake.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:54 pm

The fact is after 180 mins of football we played two sides who were below us in the table so winnable games and in both games. Their keeper hasn’t had a save to make , so yes I think we’ve got a right to have a little moan ,doesn’t mean we won’t b there next game supporting them

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:57 pm

The enemy within, are you for real?

Most people on here would have been supporting Cardiff before you're 'Sir Neil' stuff and yourself by the way appeared and probably be here long after you and your'e 'Sir Neil' stuff has gone so have a day off and accept that paying 'customers', supporting what is a 'business' we are constantly told, have the right to air valid critiscm when it's warranted ie when the manager makes bad decisions or idiotic comments as he has in the part few weeks.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:57 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Once again we see a queue of half brained gutless people kicking our boys when they're down.

I've heard this too often now , so let's be clear . There's a reason why Sir Neil is in charge of football and not you, partly because of his 50 years in the professional game and partly because he's brought us from the bottom of the Championship into the Premiership.

In the real world of human endeavour things aren't as easy as some of you pitiful whiners seem to imagine. You progress to the top slowly and painfully with a lot of dissapointments along the way , and the difference between winners and pathetic spineless losers is whether you can overcome the knockbacks, hold together and win the day in the end.

Somehow I think of the Dunkirk evacuation as I write this, when the whole nation came together to cross the channel in everything from tugboats to pleasure boats from the local park and get our boys back. An extreme comparison I know, and one which I did not intend to make here, but it presented itself somehow because I feel so deeply bloody ashamed of some of you.

Things are in hand to address the shortcomings which we were already aware of. We can see that the desperately needed reinforcements are being assembled and I promise you that they will turn the tide, but in the mean time those exhausted bloody heroes who've played beyond their abilities and given 120% to keep us in with a chance so far, had to travel and do their best today, knowing that their chances of saving any points were tiny.
They did that, but I wonder how they'd feel to hear these flabby cowards and back stabbers rubbishing them.

Anyway, bottom line , I'll be there when we turn the corner and I'm here now. My message for anyone who can't support the manager and team when they're up against it is, don't bother to come back acting like supporters when we're winning or try to associate yourselves with our future successes.

In the mean time, can't we see some messages of support and solidarity here from the real Cardiff City people !!!

Oh f**k off.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:08 pm

Dahboy wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:Once again we see a queue of half brained gutless people kicking our boys when they're down.

Oh f**k off.

Fair enough . I'm quite happy to hear that and I can respect it far more than people trying to wriggle out of their disloyalty. In fairness yove never even pretended to like us much or believe in the team

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:17 pm

RV Casual wrote:The enemy within, are you for real?

Most people on here would have been supporting Cardiff before you're 'Sir Neil' stuff and yourself by the way appeared and probably be here long after you and your'e 'Sir Neil' stuff has gone so have a day off and accept that paying 'customers', supporting what is a 'business' we are constantly told, have the right to air valid critiscm when it's warranted ie when the manager makes bad decisions or idiotic comments as he has in the part few weeks.

Well obviously Sir Neil hasn't been here very long , but I very much doubt that the majority of people here have been supporting the club longer than I .Some probably have but not that many. Not the point though, if you think it's just a business why don't you take your money to a more successful team - but then fair enough ,at least you admit that you just want a service for your precious money. I want it for all the old Colliers and servicemen in action who followed the club through thick and thin over the last 80 years or so and never turned on the club.

I think you should get a refund.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:18 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Well obviously Sir Neil hasn't been here very long , but I very much doubt that the majority of people here have been supporting the club longer than I .Some probably have but not that many. Not the point though, if you think it's just a business why don't you take your money to a more successful team - but then fair enough ,at least you admit that you just want a service for your precious money. I want it for all the old Colliers and servicemen in action who followed the club through thick and thin over the last 80 years or so and never turned on the club.

Yeah that's about right for you, ignore the part where I say 'constantly told' Hey.

Take you're smart arsed comments somewhere else pal, people been posting on here for years, you have been here 10 minutes. Calling you're fellow fans the 'enemy within' is pretty low when most are just giving an opinion, sometimes emotionally on the Club they follow and love week in week out.

Have a day off Roathy.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:19 pm

Couldn’t be bothered to read that because I decided there was no point.

No doubt it would be a load of bullshit as usual.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:15 am

Can you stop writing Essay's. You're not being graded you know. Its a football forum people are allowed to express their opinions whether they are positive or negative. Also wasn't it you who said we'd finish around 10th this season?

Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:20 am

Dahboy wrote:

Oh f**k off.

:thumbup:

Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:51 am

Apparent to some people, fella...but just amateur opinions really and most of those will change their minds come a couple of decent results!

Others (the majority) just appreciate where we are, where we were and get behind their team rather than crucify them at every opportunity (and it is that for some)

We knew it would be tough and so it has proved. This is the Premier League after all and we are actually doing better at this point than most expected

One wobble does not a season make and I think both manager and team deserve everyone's support after what has been achieved in the last two years

Simply miraculous, for those who can look back that far! ;) :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:33 am

Give us the answer then, how should NW set up?

Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:29 am

Bloody hell ,I hope no one confuses me with this guy..
He sounds a bit odd

Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:53 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Out of interest when did you think Jimmy Scoular and Neil Warnock got knighted?

Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:37 pm

City Slicker wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Wouldn't argue on that, except that it pertains to RV's suggestion that everyone's been supporting Cardiff City longer than me.
Well, it's just a joke of course, but its origin is the fact that in the very early 70's it was a common thing for Cardiff Supporters and the local press sometimes to call Jimmy Scoular , " Sir Jim" - this being a parody of the fact that the genuinely ,( and deservedly), knighted Alf Ransey was now referred to in the media as "Sir Alf" . Not just that ,though, it was a tribute to a very beloved manager and so I applied it to Sir Neil thinking that people would remember that ,and agree that he also deserves similar plaudits.
I think maybe people were more appreciative of a bit of humour then, as well as the use of a bit of hyperbole.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:44 pm

Quite separately, please have a look at this link

https://www.themag.co.uk/2019/01/cardif ... -too-well/

It's an article rubbishing Cardiff City, and the proof they produce are some comments and sentiments which you may recognise.

I hope the commenters feel very proud of themselves, and I wonder then what effect such comments are likely to have on our morale , prospects and reputation.

Of course we're all free to say what we like, but just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do it.
There's such a thing as loyalty.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:19 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Wouldn't argue on that, except that it pertains to RV's suggestion that everyone's been supporting Cardiff City longer than me.
Well, it's just a joke of course, but its origin is the fact that in the very early 70's it was a common thing for Cardiff Supporters and the local press sometimes to call Jimmy Scoular , " Sir Jim" - this being a parody of the fact that the genuinely ,( and deservedly), knighted Alf Ransey was now referred to in the media as "Sir Alf" . Not just that ,though, it was a tribute to a very beloved manager and so I applied it to Sir Neil thinking that people would remember that ,and agree that he also deserves similar plaudits.
I think maybe people were more appreciative of a bit of humour then, as well as the use of a bit of hyperbole.[/quote

I think people were more appreciative of a bit of deference and hero worship then

Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:18 pm

I wasn't

Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:44 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

I think maybe people were more appreciative of a bit of humour then, as well as the use of a bit of hyperbole.

yep I do agree, the Sir thing was common and not just with our fans. Sir Bill Shankley ,Sir Bill Nicholson etc.