Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Harry Arter to be recalled perhaps maybe?

Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:53 pm

Harry Arter could be recalled and Sold to Watford.
Watford have expressed and interest in Harry who would relish to remain in home of London and get first team football.

Re: Harry Arter Recalled

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:03 pm

He is on a season long loan with no recall so he is not going anywhere.

He already turned Watford down in the summer and has said he loves it here and is open to making the move permanent if we stay up

Non story

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:16 pm

AJ1927 wrote:Harry Arter could be recalled and Sold to Watford.
Watford have expressed and interest in Harry who would relish to remain in home of London and get first team football.

Proof please

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:36 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
AJ1927 wrote:Harry Arter could be recalled and Sold to Watford.

Proof please

There is an article in Independent Sport on this subject. Just confirms what the OP says.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:40 pm

Apparently he can be recalled but only during the transfer window in January :bluebird:

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:40 pm

More bullshit from the press.

Warnock has already confirmed there is no recall option on Arter and Camarasa.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:44 pm

It's a season long loan no it's no buts no maybes

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:46 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:Apparently he can be recalled but only during the transfer window in January :bluebird:

only if such a clause was agreed to by both clubs when the loan deal was done.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:02 pm

Well he was at newcastle game today

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:11 pm

Shitstirring post.

Not true

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:29 pm

Click baiting title

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:44 pm

I'm afraid that the article is by a legitimate source. This is potentially a serious problem especially at a time like this, and I hope it can be averted.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:02 pm

Hmmm new report from today kind of contradicts the original loan terms (see photo at bottom)

Saturday 19 January 2019
Harry Arter's loan spell at Cardiff may be cut short amid transfer offers

Kevin Palmer
January 19 2019 8:31 PM

Harry Arter’s loan spell at Cardiff may come to premature end, with a few options now on the table for the Republic of Ireland midfielder in this month's transfer window.
Arter has established himself as a firm favourite with Cardiff fans after his loan move from Bournemouth last August, yet it appears the season-long deal that took Arter to Wales may be brought to an end, with parent club Bournemouth considering recalling the 29-year-old.

Meanwhile, Premier League side Watford have expressed an interest in signing Arter, as they weigh up possible replacements for their in-demand midfielder Abdoulaye Doucouré.

Championship promotion hopefuls Aston Villa have also expressed an interest in signing Arter, who has battled to hold Cardiff's midfield together as they have struggled to make the step up in class after promotion from the second tier of English football last season.

Arter missed Cardiff's trip to Newcastle on Saturday and there is now an expectation that he will make a decision on his future in the next few days, with a move away from Cardiff looking likely.

While Arter has enjoyed his time in Cardiff and has relished the chance to play regular first team football after a difficult season on the sidelines at Bournemouth, he may be tempted to make a move that takes him closer to his London home.

Unless Bournemouth decide to bring back a player who is still contracted to the south coast club until the summer of 2021, they may be tempted to cash in on a player who has re-established himself as a regular Premier League performer in the first half of this season.

Cardiff boss Neil Warnock failed to make any reference to a possible move for Arter after his side's 3-0 defeat at Newcastle, as he suggested the midfielder will return to his side for their next match at Arsenal.

"He tweaked his groin and we're not sure what it is," said Warnock, as he explained Arter's absence. "Although you want to play him, with 10 days until the next game you want to make sure you don't aggravate anything.

"We had a chat before the game as he was going to be a substitute, but why risk him coming on? He wasn't sure whether it was an old injury he's had in the past, or a new one. We thought 'let's wait and do some tests on Monday'. Hopefully he'll be ok for the Arsenal game."

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/harry-arters-loan-spell-at-cardiff-may-be-cut-short-amid-transfer-offers-37728585.html

80C98F4F-B1F2-441B-8F36-6E25E66FAA3A.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:13 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:I'm afraid that the article is by a legitimate source. This is potentially a serious problem especially at a time like this, and I hope it can be averted.

He can’t be recalled.

Sorry to ruin that one for you.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:18 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:I'm afraid that the article is by a legitimate source. This is potentially a serious problem especially at a time like this, and I hope it can be averted.

its by a jounalist with no official quotes or confimations from Watford, Bournemouth or ourselves, the closest he comes is to say Neil Warnock failed to make refference to a move.?

Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:41 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

He can’t be recalled.

Sorry to ruin that one for you.

Wow. You really don't like me do you ?

It's hardly ruining anything for me if you're right. I'd love you to be right because if this story has any basis then it presents a big problem at a time when we can least afford it. Harry Arter is a fantastic asset to this club, and I see him as a future captain actually, but if there's anything in it, then that means we would have to make other arrangements very very quickly.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:55 pm

dogfound wrote:

its by a jounalist with no official quotes or confimations from Watford, Bournemouth or ourselves, the closest he comes is to say Neil Warnock failed to make refference to a move.?

Yeah, but what worries me is that he's writing for the Independent ,and they'd expect him to stand stuff up a bit more than some of the other places we see football articles. What also worries me a bit is that he apparently told Sir Neil that he was suffering from an old injury before the game today.
I'm really not sure what the rules are about loan recalls during the window, or whether we might have signed something covering that. I do know that people often let you down unexpectedly and often at the most awkward moment, especially when there's a lot of money involved. Case in point Clyne... Case in point Grujjik.

Obviously I take your point but it smells a bit to me - maybe I'm allowing the recent storm of misfortune to colour my judgement , but given the limited time space during which we must sign players and reorganise tactics, I'd say that we must be ready to deal with this additional complication quickly if it exists .

Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:00 am

Not Shit stirring or winding up..
Annis posted same post an hour or so after me and its considered gospel :lol: :ayatollah: