Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Is Sala? “

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:38 pm

Is Sala going to be Cardiff City’s Saviour?

Opinions?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Is Sala? “

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:40 pm

I really do hope so Annis. I love this league and I want us to stay here.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:44 pm

Reply on fb

Darren Stevens:

Depends on what service he gets, we need to start creating more chances.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:46 pm

Dahboy wrote:I really do hope so Annis. I love this league and I want us to stay here.

So do I, we need to stay up, so so important for our club / City to stay in the Prdmier League :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:46 pm

Can be but as been stated today NW needs to change mentaif nothing else, but listening to him earlier suspect he will stay with same old as he mentioned wouldn't be starting new boys every game.. :roll:

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:49 pm

Don; t be surprised to see more signings and a couple of shocks shown the exit door
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Dahboy wrote:I really do hope so Annis. I love this league and I want us to stay here.

So do I, we need to stay up, so so important for our club / City to stay in the Prdmier League :thumbright: :bluebird:

It’s been painful at times but I have loved this season, if we go down so be it but it’s the place to be and we want to stay in it. Forget about today, am struggling to find 3 teams worse than us at the moment. That can change quickly as we have seen, but I feel only Burnley at this moment could fall in to it. Will sala be our saviour? Am going to say no, but it sounds like he has the fighting mentality that will fit in with what we do. Changes are needed to get the best out of sala.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:55 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

It’s been painful at times but I have loved this season, if we go down so be it but it’s the place to be and we want to stay in it. Forget about today, am struggling to find 3 teams worse than us at the moment. That can change quickly as we have seen, but I feel only Burnley at this moment could fall in to it. Will sala be our saviour? Am going to say no, but it sounds like he has the fighting mentality that will fit in with what we do. Changes are needed to get the best out of sala.

this^

Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:09 pm

No mate :(

It's pissing in the wind for me, pining our hopes on an average striker from the bottom of the French top division who's having a half decent season at the ripe old age of 28.

It's got disaster written all over it.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:37 am

RV Casual wrote:No mate :(

It's pissing in the wind for me, pining our hopes on an average striker from the bottom of the French top division who's having a half decent season at the ripe old age of 28.

Have you even watched him ? He has movement and is eager to get in the box and I'd say he is just what we need right now.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:44 am

stickywicket wrote:Don; t be surprised to see more signings and a couple of shocks shown the exit door
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I'm thinking you might be on to something there... ;)

Cleary some exits need to wait until replacements are found and there a few now proven they are not worthy of a spot in the Premier League squad; and oddly I don't include Loic Damour in that but he must have upset someone! :(

Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:56 am

I think it will go one of two ways.

Either he’ll totally flop and struggle to adapt to this league quick enough, or he’ll score for fun and help to keep us up.

But none of us really know how it’s going to go until he plays. It is a gamble, but signing a striker from the Championship would be a gamble.

Some players from abroad struggle to play in the Premier League, while some have no issues adapting to it.

I won’t make predictions because I’m always wrong, but obviously I hope Sala and Niasse turn out to be great signings.

One thing we can’t complain about is the club’s ambition. Only a week ago, plenty on here were slating the club for not supporting the manager in the transfer window and saying that we would end up spending no money. Those people should have very red faces now.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:01 am

Sven wrote:
stickywicket wrote:Don; t be surprised to see more signings and a couple of shocks shown the exit door

I'm thinking you might be on to something there... ;)

Cleary some exits need to wait until replacements are found and there a few now proven they are not worthy of a spot in the Premier League squad; and oddly I don't include Loic Damour in that but he must have upset someone! :(

I have to agree there. :thumbup:

Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:06 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:I think it will go one of two ways.

Either he’ll totally flop and struggle to adapt to this league quick enough, or he’ll score for fun and help to keep us up.

But none of us really know how it’s going to go until he plays. It is a gamble, but signing a striker from the Championship would be a gamble.

Some players from abroad struggle to play in the Premier League, while some have no issues adapting to it.

I won’t make predictions because I’m always wrong, but obviously I hope Sala and Niasse turn out to be great signings.

One thing we can’t complain about is the club’s ambition. Only a week ago, plenty on here were slating the club for not supporting the manager in the transfer window and saying that we would end up spending no money. Those people should have very red faces now.

I was one of those who doubted Tans commitment to Cardiff City, but he's proved me wrong. Over to you Mr Warnock to keep us up :thumbup:

Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:20 am

Charlie Harper wrote:

Have you even watched him ? He has movement and is eager to get in the box and I'd say he is just what we need right now.

Have you? Other than snippets of his best moments on YouTube?

I'm not being funny mate, but unless you're a serial follower of Ligue 1 and can tell me you have seen something in him from watching him week in week out that makes you think he will cut it in the EPL then I'll stick to my prediction.

And before you say well Warnock and his scouting network know what their doing I'll point you in the direction of our recent striker signings under him

Omar Bogle - 12 games 3 goals bombed out on loan

Gary Madine - 19 games 0 goals bombed out on loan

Danny Ward - 32 games 5 goals

Bobby Reid - 19 games 2 goals

Ibrahim Meite - 2 games 0 goals

Marouan Chamakh - 2 games 0 goals

Listen I hope I'm proved wrong and he does well, a South American, playing in England for the first time, for a struggling team he's going to have to probably work harder than ever before in his career to succeed has more disaster than success on it for me.

I would rather have gone for Ings, Rondon or Mitrovic in the summer.

This smacks of a total panic buy to appease the fans.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:26 am

RV Casual wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:

I'm not being funny mate, but unless you're a serial follower of Ligue 1 and can tell me you have seen something in him from watching him week in week out that makes you think he will cut it in the EPL then I'll stick to my prediction.

And before you say well Warnock and his scouting network know what their doing I'll point you in the direction of our recent striker signings under him

Listen I hope I'm proved wrong and he does well, a South American, playing in England for the first time, for a struggling team he's going to have to probably work harder than ever before in his career to succeed has more disaster than success on it for me.

I wanted to add but it wouldn't let me edit that this might not even be down to the boys ability but it might take him a month or so to settle and adapt by which time it will be to late.

We are asking/expecting a lot from this lad.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:33 am

RV Casual wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:

I wanted to add but it wouldn't let me edit that this might not even be down to the boys ability but it might take him a month or so to settle and adapt by which time it will be to late.

We are asking/expecting a lot from this lad.

I have only watched YouTube as you say but I can see he can score and his record in France proves it.

I'm sure he will score the goals but he will need service and that's something we lack unless we sign someone or try different tactics as we are far too sterile going forward.
Like you say fingers crossed

Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:34 am

Are you for real, have you took the trouble to look up his stats, I guess not, otherwise you would not be spouting absolute rubbish, but as you cannot be bothered to look, here you are

2012–2015 Bordeaux 11 (1)
2012–2013 → Orléans (loan) 37 (19)
2013–2014 → Niort (loan) 37 (18)
2015 → Caen (loan) 13 (5)
2015–2019 Nantes 117 (42)

Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:51 am

Bobby Reid has to play off sala, that could give us the goals we need to stay up.
A new right back and creative midfielder would bolster our chances

We have to stop giving sloppy goals away and start utilising set pieces.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:26 am

The only way he could possibly be a saviour is if we were playing well and creating lots of chances but just needed someone to put them away. He isn’t going to solve our poor defending, our inability to pass and therefore keep the ball, our poor set pieces, our poor crossing and our general lack of creativity.
There are not 3 worse teams than us in the PL, probably not any at this moment in time.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:28 am

Yes he can be but must play Murphy, Reid, ML
The creative players for him not Ralls and co who are out of there depth! Warnock trying to prove everyone wrong by playing championship team in premier league

Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:59 am

CardiffCityHD wrote:Bobby Reid has to play off sala, that could give us the goals we need to stay up.
A new right back and creative midfielder would bolster our chances

We have to stop giving sloppy goals away and start utilising set pieces.

Good ideas and worth a try!

Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:03 am

CM has to be priority now, camasara got no hope on his own.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:18 am

Igovernor wrote:

Are you for real, have you took the trouble to look up his stats, I guess not, otherwise you would not be spouting absolute rubbish, but as you cannot be bothered to look, here you are

2012–2015 Bordeaux 11 (1)
2012–2013 → Orléans (loan) 37 (19)
2013–2014 → Niort (loan) 37 (18)
2015 → Caen (loan) 13 (5)
2015–2019 Nantes 117 (42)

Yeah thanks for that but yes I was aware of his stats.

He scored some goals in the French 2nd division and has a 1 goal in 3 game ratio for Nantes which is decent.

BUT the Premier League is a completely different entity.

What we are asking is for a bloke who's never played in England to come in and hit the ground running.

How often does that work out huh? He is South American, he will need to settle, he will need to get used to the League and he will need to get used to his team mates and our style of play, all this for a bloke who by all accounts has little grasp of the English language.

I'm not saying he's not a potentially decent signing, but it's the wrong time IMO. Sorry if you think that's rubbish but it's just my opinion, obviously I hope I am wrong. We don't have time to let him settle, we don't have time for him to get used to the League, we needed someone who knows what it's all about NOW.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:49 am

Hard to say but I do think he is worth the risk. I watched him a couple of weeks ago in a game Nantes won against Montpellier and he did get an assist for their 2nd goal. Overall I thought he worked hard and he was on the receiving end of some rough stuff from the Montpellier defenders who clearly saw him as a threat. He did his best to hold up and link play for Nantes that night and he looked to have a decent touch and a bit of pace so let's hope he can bring something to our club.

One thing you cannot argue with are his 12 goals this season, one behind Neymar and two behind Canvani both of whom play for PSG, and this playing for Nantes.

I think it's difficult to argue that in Sala, Zohore, Niasse, Reid and Ward we approach the final 15 matches with a far stronger forward line than what we have had to cope with for the 23 matches so far.

I agree that there is more to come this transfer window and still lots to play for this season.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:39 pm

Sala is South American but came to France at a young age so IMO he is settled in a European lifestyle. As for speaking English, I agree that he cant speak a word but then again all I will say is Sergio Aguero doesn't speak the language either as far as I can tell, and he aint too shabby.

Lets give Sala our support as he has all the makings of a good centre forward for us :bluebird:

Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:59 pm

Judging on his showreel he scores most of his goals from headers in the box. For him to thrive we will need to get lots of croses into the box something we are not very good at despite having plenty of wingers. We will need to change our style of play not sure if we are capable of it.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:19 pm

Crayfish wrote:Judging on his showreel he scores most of his goals from headers in the box. For him to thrive we will need to get lots of croses into the box something we are not very good at despite having plenty of wingers. We will need to change our style of play not sure if we are capable of it.

Must be lookibg at a different one to me then

Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:25 pm

God i really hope so, we now have two strikers but they will need decent service, :bluescarf: :ayatollah: