Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What worries me is we can’t even now beat the struggling c

Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:42 am

What worries me is we can’t even now beat the struggling clubs around us.

That was Newcastle’s first win in 5 games.

They get their biggest win of the season against us.

When Huddersfield drew at Cardiff last week, they had lost their previous 9 games.

It’s worrying because we have so far not even got a point of the top clubs.

Let’s not blame injuries as we have a 25man squad and every club have injuries, so did Huddersfield and Newcastle.

The fight runs out in the end if you don’t have enough quality and that’s what really counts at the end of the day in the Premier League.

Re: What worries me is we can’t even now beat the struggling

Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:56 am

Forever Blue wrote:
What worries me is we can’t even now beat the struggling clubs around us.

When Huddersfield drew at Cardiff last week, they had lost their previous 9 games.

Let’s not blame injuries as we have a 25man squad and every club have injuries, so did Huddersfield and Newcastle

The fight runs out in the end if you don’t have enough quality and that’s what really counts at the end of the day in the Premier League.

Injuries taking their toll, and the back up players are not as good as we thought, we missed Morrison, Arter and Gunner yesterday, Hoilet and Mendez don't look as good as they have been, the last two games have been poor.

It's OK losing to Man City and Spurs but we need to pick up points against our mini league and one point at home to Huddersfield will not be enough.

We need at least a right back and some players fit soon if we are going to make the impact needed to fight back out of the bottom three !!!

Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:13 am

I suppose the problem is that we are playing PL football with mostly Championship quality players. Hopefully a few extra brought in during this transfer window plus team spirit will give us a fighting chance of finishing in 17th place. I think most of us expected the whole season to be one long struggle, and it was never going to be easy to avoid finishing in the bottom three. I think it will go down to the last couple of games, and I am still hopeful we can be playing in this league next season. Wherever we are next season, I will still be there getting behind the team.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:30 am

I think its not so much the players its the tactics and motivation which are both sadly lacking, if yesterdays game against newcastle was an fa cup match and we where a championship team like last season under warnock playing against a premiership team do you really think we would play anything like yesterday i don't think so, we would have given our all and would have give them one hell of a game .

Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:09 pm

montyblue wrote:I think its not so much the players its the tactics and motivation which are both sadly lacking, if yesterdays game against newcastle was an fa cup match and we where a championship team like last season under warnock playing against a premiership team do you really think we would play anything like yesterday i don't think so, we would have given our all and would have give them one hell of a game .

its not the players..? why pay players at all, just pick 11 out of the crowd
as for big cup games ,yes sometimes you get the underdog playing out of their skins and getting a result but far more often BUT LESS IN THE PUBLIC EYE the majority just get tanked by a reserve team

Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:28 pm

When you rely on only picking up points off your rivals, even a draw would not be too bad , but lose and the pressure is on.
Last 2 performances for me have been poor but where has the energy gone of the team.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:31 pm

We are easy to play against , everyone knows what we are going to do .we are predictable.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:What worries me is we can’t even now beat the struggling clubs around us.

Let’s not blame injuries as we have a 25man squad and every club have injuries, so did Huddersfield and Newcastle.

Agree.
Time to change tactics. Two up front. If we can’t pass the ball to them we can stick to route 1. At least there’s 2 up there who could score.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:47 pm

We're not cut out for the Premier League

Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:04 pm

City Slicker wrote:We're not cut out for the Premier League

If you’d asked me that a few games ago I’d say we were doing very well. A lot can happen in the coming weeks and months. If , and it’s a big if at the moment admittedly, we get 3 points from next 3 games we’re likely to be out of the bottom 3 again as Newcastle’s next 3 fixtures couldn’t be worse.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:04 pm

Lets be honest we went up to soon no one was expecting it including Warnock and his coaches we wanted top 6 and
if we failed in the play offs then go for it the following season instead we shocked everyone including ourselves.

So we all knew we were going to have a hard fight this season to stay up and if we do its a dream but I am disappointed
we didn't have the fight we did have in the last few games if we go down but with a fight I will be happy.

All our players we had last season were good championship players so playing in the premiership was going to be a hard
fight

Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:06 pm

The club weren’t set up for the premier league, we are behind in every department from top to bottom there is not even enough staff at the club,as I ve said in another thread we have not one premier league quality player,thats the facts,I ve not enjoyed a game this year,it’s getting to the point where I ask how many will we lose by

Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:14 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:What worries me is we can’t even now beat the struggling clubs around us.

Agree.
Time to change tactics. Two up front. If we can’t pass the ball to them we can stick to route 1. At least there’s 2 up there who could score.

It's tempting to agree with the suggestion of two up front especially with the two new lads signing.

My worry with that however would be our midfield, which is a real weakness at the moment, would be totally overrun leading to even more pressure on our beleaguered defence.

At the moment it seems that the attacking capabilities of our wingers may be being diluted because of the amount of tracking back and defending they have to do. Yesterday for example Hoilett spent more time defending than he did attacking and it'snot the first time that has happened this season.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:19 pm

We're slipping quick

Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:19 pm

caerblue wrote:The club weren’t set up for the premier league, we are behind in every department from top to bottom there is not even enough staff at the club,as I ve said in another thread we have not one premier league quality player,thats the facts,I ve not enjoyed a game this year,it’s getting to the point where I ask how many will we lose by

I agree, Etheridge excepted, we have no Premier quality outfield players

Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:26 pm

I'm beginning to believe that the clock is starting to tick for Warnock now that he has spent some of Mr Tans money with the understanding that more money would be available to Warnock to find the right players,if we are still struggling after the window closes it will dawn on Tan and his advisers what's been apparent to most of the Bluebird fans for some time is that it's not just the players you bring to the club it's how you are able to get the best out of them and its clear in my mind that Warnock's lack of flexibility in tactics,team selection and the use of substitutes will send us straight back down into the Championship

Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:06 pm

caerblue wrote:The club weren’t set up for the premier league, we are behind in every department from top to bottom there is not even enough staff at the club,as I ve said in another thread we have not one premier league quality player,thats the facts,I ve not enjoyed a game this year,it’s getting to the point where I ask how many will we lose by

Arter?

Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:11 pm

Currently We aint good enough annis and that's the bottom line mate. how ever much we want to dress it up the squad does not have it in them. They may be fight in the dog but there comes a point that aint enough and the last two games well they have been embarrassing to be honest as a div 2 team would have given Huddersfield & Newcastle a better game

Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:18 pm

davids wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Agree.

It's tempting to agree with the suggestion of two up front especially with the two new lads signing.

My worry with that however would be our midfield, which is a real weakness at the moment, would be totally overrun leading to even more pressure on our beleaguered defence.

At the moment it seems that the attacking capabilities of our wingers may be being diluted because of the amount of tracking back and defending they have to do. Yesterday for example Hoilett spent more time defending than he did attacking and it'snot the first time that has happened this season.

Know what you mean but it’s getting close to - what’s the worst that can happen as we’re losing with one up front. With two at least it would hopefully keep both centre backs and one full back pinned back so to speak.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:35 pm

DOGFOUND
i stick by what i say not so much the players but the tactics and motivation neil would not have allowed the players to be like this last season he would be having a giddy fit on the sidelines prehaps the doc has told him to calm down and he has lost his mojo to fire the players up, because its not happening .perhaps he has been distracted with the tranfer dealings but he' s to laid back for me in his attidude, i would like to see the old neil but perhaps he is out of his comfort zone and we all know where his comfort zone is.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:48 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Arter?

Not owned by cardiff though is he,him and Camarasa are our two best players,both on loan

Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:57 pm

montyblue wrote:DOGFOUND
i stick by what i say not so much the players but the tactics and motivation neil would not have allowed the players to be like this last season he would be having a giddy fit on the sidelines prehaps the doc has told him to calm down and he has lost his mojo to fire the players up, because its not happening .perhaps he has been distracted with the tranfer dealings but he' s to laid back for me in his attidude, i would like to see the old neil but perhaps he is out of his comfort zone and we all know where his comfort zone is.

yes, your one of a number on here that think you can take any 11 and motivate them to success and then more.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:45 am

We have to be more positive and attack teams rather than sit back and get beaten. Time to change our style of play. I would rather get relegated losing games 4-3 than lose games without scoring. Boring shit football will soon drive fans away.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:19 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:We're not cut out for the Premier League

If you’d asked me that a few games ago I’d say we were doing very well. A lot can happen in the coming weeks and months. If , and it’s a big if at the moment admittedly, we get 3 points from next 3 games we’re likely to be out of the bottom 3 again as Newcastle’s next 3 fixtures couldn’t be worse.

True it's disappointing we didn't get two or four points from Newcastle and Huddersfield, we would have been feeling very different now and would have put Newcastle in serious trouble.

We didn't though so now we need to get as much as possible against Bournemouth and Southampton which won't be easy, and fight for something at Arsenal although unlikely.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:30 am

Not one prem quality player?

Arter ?
Camarasa ?
Etheridge ?

just to name a few...

Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:13 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:

Arter ?
Camarasa ?
Etheridge ?

just to name a few...

You think etheridge would get into another premier league side?,out of curiosity which team?

Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:31 am

caerblue wrote:

Arter ?
Camarasa ?
Etheridge ?

just to name a few...

You think etheridge would get into another premier league side?,out of curiosity which team?

Palace and Fulham to start with

Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:22 pm

Bluebina wrote:
caerblue wrote:

Arter ?
Camarasa ?
Etheridge ?

just to name a few...

In your opinion

Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:26 pm

caerblue wrote:

Arter ?
Camarasa ?
Etheridge ?

just to name a few...

Fulham ?
Newcastle ?
Perhaps a few more... Its about opinions though. I reckon Joe Bennett can also stay in the prem.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:27 pm

Bluebina wrote:
caerblue wrote:

Arter ?
Camarasa ?
Etheridge ?

just to name a few...

Yup and Palace.