Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WARNOCKS TACTICS HAVE TO CHANGE

Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:20 am

I was too angry to post when i got back last night but that shambles yesterday was as bad as it gets. No ambition, no intensity, no quality and no idea, that's my view of the drivel that city served up yesterday, we actually played a team who were below us in the league and hadn't won in 5 league games, so what did we do? from the first minute we put 10 men behind the ball, newcastle looked nervous and were there for the taking if only we had a go at them they could very well of crumbled. It's all well and good bringing in two strikers (about time) but lets be honest we could also do with two full backs,(right + left) another centre half and two midfielders although that's not going to happen. We only spent £26 million on players in the summer and they were all on the bench yesterday, what does that tell you about warnocks signings?? I've said many times before that warnoch is way out of his depth in this league, his tactics are inept for the premier league and for me the only chance we have of staying up is by bringing in someone who knows his way around tihis league, it would be the perfect time with us not playing for 10 days but who would want the job and i can't see it happening anyway. So far this month we have been thumped by spurs and newcastle, lost to gillingham in the cup and stole a point off the huddersfield, what next??

Re: WARNOCKS TACTICS HAVE TO CHANGE

Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:22 am

cityone wrote:I was too angry to post when i got back last night but that shambles yesterday was as bad as it gets. No ambition, no intensity, no quality and no idea, that's my view of the drivel that city served up yesterday, we actually played a team who were below us in the league and hadn't won in 5 league games, so what did we do? from the first minute we put 10 men behind the ball, newcastle looked nervous and were there for the taking if only we had a go at them they could very well of crumbled. It's all well and good bringing in two strikers (about time) but lets be honest we could also do with two full backs,(right + left) another centre half and two midfielders although that's not going to happen. We only spent £26 million on players in the summer and they were all on the bench yesterday, what does that tell you about warnocks signings?? I've said many times before that warnoch is way out of his depth in this league, his tactics are inept for the premier league and for me the only chance we have of staying up is by bringing in someone who knows his way around tihis league, it would be the perfect time with us not playing for 10 days but who would want the job and i can't see it happening anyway. So far this month we have been thumped by spurs and newcastle, lost to gillingham in the cup and stole a point off the huddersfield, what next??

2 strikers, about time but we also need 2 full backs, another CB and 2 midfielders. and good players to fill those spots in the prem cost between 15/20 mill. tactics?

Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:00 pm

They changed around this time last year, we went far more direct than the first half.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:20 pm

Let's get one thing out there. We all respect, love Neil for what he has done for this club. Me personally more so than promotion is the uniting of the club as one, we are all behind the club now including Vincent Tan.

I have been so proud to see how well city fans have supported the team this season. However the Huddersfield game was the only home game when the fans didn't back as they have done previously. Me included and that was because of how dreadful the performance was. All of us in the pub agreed it was down as one of the worst ever performances in recent years. I watched a stream of the game yesterday and it was. On par if not worse again.

Neil's starting line ups are quite frankly baffling. More worrying in both these games was not making tactical changes when it was obvious something needed to change. We got luck against Huddersfield as they deserved and wanted the win more. Against the toon we were time wasting from the start. Etheridge was taking ages on free kicks...

I know Neil or his family sometimes have a gander at message boards and if they are if goes without saying how much we. Want to all. Do well together but Neil should be more honest with his interviews and it's not a weakness to hold his hands up and say yeah I got it wrong.

If we can somehow stay up I would be more delighted for Neil himself. He has had. An amazing career but is known not to have the ability at the top level. Sadly the last 2 games seems to be true!

In business terms warnock should be sacked and someone of the Sam alladyce mold to come in and keep us up. If your honest he would have more chance than Neil. However I desperately want us to do it with Neil, he is due the season for what he has achieved and if we do go down I have no doubt we would challenge top 6 the following season with him in charge. Is Tan as ruthless as he once was and protect the brand? Or does he accept we are likely to go down unless performances suddenly improve!

Great to see two strikers in but no good if we don't actually attack or shoot the frigging thing between the sticks!

Forget arsenal we will lose, but let's lose having a go at them. Neil. Do not set us up to defend its pointless....

Bournemouth at home is huge and will tell me whether whether the expensive signings including a rb and midfielder improve the quality that's needed!
When Neil spends money the results are not great.

Tomlin and madine around 8m for the both? 10m for Reid who rarely plays and appears not to fit Neil's tactics so why buy him? 11m or so on Murphy possibly decent value in the market and shown us glimpses of high quality. Yet he gets left on the bench against Huddersfield, why not on at half time or latest 60th min? Praying Sala is decent but for me he looks like a decent finisher with service, if we don't give it to him he will simply be chasing around like calum does

Come on Neil let's get in the faces of the teams. And have a damn go at attacking... We can accept relegation if we have a go bit sitting back!

Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:22 pm

i agree he got the tactics wrong this week. he went with 2 up front, which left our midfield hopelessly overrun.

he should have stuck with the gameplan that has ground out results recently. however, we can't keep playing the same players - arter was out so to an extent his hands were tied.

the game clearly shows how urgent our need for a centre midfield and right back is.