Warnock or OGS

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Warnock or OGS

Postby Paul’s Taxi » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:44 pm

Warnock every time for me ,
Obviously Ollie has a very talented expensive squad to choose from but they didn’t perform under Mourinho.
The biggest difference for me is that the Man Utd players have the freedom to play footbal with the talent they have under Ollie . With us we are struggling as we don’t gave the players or money of Man Utd but we do have a more experienced manager who got us out of the championship. I love Warnock and what he has done for us but I just wish he would give the team licence to attack and use the flare players more , one shot on target in 2 games against the weaker sides in the league just shows us we are going to go down if we continue like that . I just want to see us go down fighting rather than relegated with a whimper.
Paul’s Taxi

Warnock or OGS

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Warnock or OGS

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:53 pm

Warnock for me.

But I am starting to believe Tan controlled Ole, like he did Slade.

Ole was going to spike out when he left but cancelled it at the last moment.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby JimCP91 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:28 pm

We will never know the truth of the things that were going on behind the scenes. Ole came in, probably at the worst possible time. we were poison and that was probably the peak period.

He was also very inexperienced. Warnock also came in during a period where we were poison, but he managed to pull everyone together, had a far smaller budget than Ole and worked wonders.

We can only judge on performance, so Warnock for me.
JimCP91

Postby dogfound » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:43 pm

Paul’s Taxi wrote:Warnock every time for me ,
Obviously Ollie has a very talented expensive squad to choose from but they didn’t perform under Mourinho.
The biggest difference for me is that the Man Utd players have the freedom to play footbal with the talent they have under Ollie . With us we are struggling as we don’t gave the players or money of Man Utd but we do have a more experienced manager who got us out of the championship. I love Warnock and what he has done for us but I just wish he would give the team licence to attack and use the flare players more , one shot on target in 2 games against the weaker sides in the league just shows us we are going to go down if we continue like that . I just want to see us go down fighting rather than relegated with a whimper.

OGS gave us license to attack with much more quality than we have here now.
it didnt feel much like going down with a fight to me.
dig in grit teeth and scratch and scrape..
dogfound

Postby BiglicksMcGoo » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:21 pm

Obviously Warnock - He must have a better points total after half a season than OGS.

OGS is not a good manager; he's got lucky at Man Utd due to the players under performing for Mourinio for 18 months. OGS will get found out once the Champions League starts back up, because in the CL the opposition have quality and usually a manager who understands tactics, something OGS thinks he understands, but clearly his experience shows he doesn't have a scooby.

Football Management 101 - you can't "Attack, Attack, Attack" your way out of a relegation scrap.

He's beaten Spurs; Man Utd should be beating Spurs every time given the levels of relative investment.
BiglicksMcGoo

Postby nubbsy » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:06 pm

Ridiculous question
nubbsy

Postby Llan_Blue » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:17 pm

BiglicksMcGoo wrote:Obviously Warnock - He must have a better points total after half a season than OGS.

OGS is not a good manager; he's got lucky at Man Utd due to the players under performing for Mourinio for 18 months. OGS will get found out once the Champions League starts back up, because in the CL the opposition have quality and usually a manager who understands tactics, something OGS thinks he understands, but clearly his experience shows he doesn't have a scooby.

Football Management 101 - you can't "Attack, Attack, Attack" your way out of a relegation scrap.

He's beaten Spurs; Man Utd should be beating Spurs every time given the levels of relative investment.

Talking bollocks there I’m afraid.

Nobody gets that lucky
Llan_Blue

Postby dogfound » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:18 pm

dogfound

Postby northernbluebird » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:59 pm

horses for courses. warnock ultimately has his level. he is the best championship manager ever in my view. he hasn't risen above that and probably never will given that he's in to his 70s now.

OGS is difficult to judge at this stage of his career. done really well in norway, was out of his depth here, and has got off to a good start at united, albeit with a ridiculously easy run of games.
northernbluebird

Postby BiglicksMcGoo » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:12 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:Talking bollocks there I’m afraid.

Nobody gets that lucky

7 games; and the media peddling the myth he's the new Alex Ferguson, lapped up by fans without the ability to do any critical thinking for themselves. I would hazard a guess that most of your opinions mirror that of the journalists.
BiglicksMcGoo

Postby Llan_Blue » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:45 pm

BiglicksMcGoo wrote:

Nobody gets that lucky

7 games; and the media peddling the myth he's the new Alex Ferguson, lapped up by fans without the ability to do any critical thinking for themselves. I would hazard a guess that most of your opinions mirror that of the journalists.

Never mentioned him being anything like Alex Ferguson you said he’s no ability an it’s all luck.

Your talking bollocks.
Llan_Blue

Postby northernbluebird » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:48 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
BiglicksMcGoo wrote:

Nobody gets that lucky

Never mentioned him being anything like Alex Ferguson you said he’s no ability an it’s all luck.

Your talking bollocks.

he's done well in the norwegian league, failed horrendously here, and has got off to a good start at united.

the point i'm making is he hasn't achieved anything in a serious league yet. which makes him no different to the masses of managers who have won the hungarian league, romanian league etc.
northernbluebird

Postby Llan_Blue » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:07 pm

northernbluebird wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
BiglicksMcGoo wrote:

Nobody gets that lucky

Your talking bollocks.

he's done well in the norwegian league, failed horrendously here, and has got off to a good start at united.

the point i'm making is he hasn't achieved anything in a serious league yet. which makes him no different to the masses of managers who have won the hungarian league, romanian league etc.

Everybody would of failed here at that time.

Don’t know why people won’t give him credit bit sad really.
Llan_Blue

Postby northernbluebird » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:11 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
northernbluebird wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
BiglicksMcGoo wrote:

Nobody gets that lucky

Your talking bollocks.

Everybody would of failed here at that time.

Don’t know why people won’t give him credit bit sad really.

we were above the relegation zone when he joined! you're talking garbage now.
northernbluebird

Postby BiglicksMcGoo » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:22 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
BiglicksMcGoo wrote:

Nobody gets that lucky

Your talking bollocks.

I've seen nothing to suggest OGS can actually manage a team tactically.

From his miraculous 7 game run from what I can gather, he encourages players to play "their" game, which in my book is a euphemism for "I don't really ask them to play to any game plan"

Which is fine when your Man Utd playing Cardiff, Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Newcastle, Reading, Spurs and Brighton.

But when you have to play teams like Barca, Juve and Madrid, it becomes more of a toss of a coin. A bit like when he tried to keep us in the PL playing attacking football.

If I'm talking bollocks, show me an example of where OGS has made some tactical changes beyond selecting an 11 and enjoying the media limelight, and I might better understand why the hell me thinking OGS is not a good manager bothers you.
BiglicksMcGoo

Postby welshrarebit » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:27 pm

Lets be honest. That Man U squad is rammed with quality. They just dont like Jose. They wanted him gone and now can go on and play. Lets just hope he starts signing the same calibre of players he signed here. We may stand a better chance against them then! ;)
welshrarebit

Return to General Chat