Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Now that I've calmed down abit

Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:18 pm

I think Warnock should move aside before he takes us down. Look what it's done for Southampton.

Re: Now that I've calmed down abit

Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:33 pm

Question is who would replace him?

Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:38 pm

caerblue wrote:Question is who would replace him?

I don't know ?

Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:41 pm

In terms of performances the last four matches have been absolutely abysmal and the worst of the season but would you have said this after the Leicester game? We were excellent that day.
We've run out of steam, have been playing with injuries and we lost our Captain yesterday due to illness. There is now a 10 day break and a chance to recuperate and work with the new strikers. I hope they try to organise a behind doors match next week to work on things. If the performances do not improve against Arsenal and Bournemouth then yes perhaps its time for him to go but lets give Warnock the chance for the window and some rest for the team to work first.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:50 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:In terms of performances the last four matches have been absolutely abysmal and the worst of the season but would you have said this after the Leicester game? We were excellent that day.
We've run out of steam, have been playing with injuries and we lost our Captain yesterday due to illness. There is now a 10 day break and a chance to recuperate and work with the new strikers. I hope they try to organise a behind doors match next week to work on things. If the performances do not improve against Arsenal and Bournemouth then yes perhaps its time for him to go but lets give Warnock the chance for the window and some rest for the team to work first.

I think that will be to late but we will see.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:53 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:In terms of performances the last four matches have been absolutely abysmal and the worst of the season but would you have said this after the Leicester game? We were excellent that day.

Were they excellent against Leicester??,let’s be fair they ve been shit all season,

Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:01 pm

Southampton have a far better squad than us and were under performing, we’ve spent next to nothing compared to most clubs are we really under performing ? Warnock is getting a lot of stick because of the unbelievable season we had last year, we wouldn’t be where we are today without him so he deserves the chance to see it through!

Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:34 pm

WelshSerb wrote:Southampton have a far better squad than us and were under performing, we’ve spent next to nothing compared to most clubs are we really under performing ? Warnock is getting a lot of stick because of the unbelievable season we had last year, we wouldn’t be where we are today without him so he deserves the chance to see it through!

I agree he deserves to see this through, it was never going to be easy this season :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:41 pm

bluespeers wrote:
WelshSerb wrote:Southampton have a far better squad than us and were under performing, we’ve spent next to nothing compared to most clubs are we really under performing ? Warnock is getting a lot of stick because of the unbelievable season we had last year, we wouldn’t be where we are today without him so he deserves the chance to see it through!

I agree he deserves to see this through, it was never going to be easy this season :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Tend to agree as well.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:44 pm

I totally disagree. We've Give him half a season and we are struggling big time with his tactics. Do we have to keep him until the end of the season just because he got us here?

Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:46 pm

bluespeers wrote:

Absolute nonsense.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:49 pm

Dahboy wrote:

I totally disagree. We've Give him half a season and we are struggling big time with his tactics. Do we have to keep him until the end of the season just because he got us here?

did you really think this squad was going to be doing better than this.?

Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:57 pm

dogfound wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

But does that mean we can't try something else?

Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:03 pm

I have said that as Warnock has done brilliantly to get us to the Premier he deserves to have the full season to keep us up. Imho he now needs to
1/ show flexibility in his approach;and
2/ not pick the players who have shown that they are not premier standard and /or are out of form.
I will even accept giving him the year and going down - if we start to try to play better football. I am sticking to giving him a season.
We have a chance at Arsenal. They will have played a tough game a few days before. We have the chance to rest and plan. If we solely sit back at Arsenal we'll get beaten. Their defence however is not so good. Let's not pick Hoilet and Patterson again (for God's sake) and let's allow players with pace to run at them!!

If he doesn't do this then the fans will start to turn which would be sad..

Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:08 pm

Dahboy wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

well that yesterday was the least defence minded set up this season. no sitting midfielder, no dog tearing around, instead two passers, 2 wingers, 2 strikers. it was forced on him by injury but it looked awful and we got pushed back all over the park leaving the 2 up top isolated and with zero service. a better team would have really hammered us.
what could he do different.? change the 2 chasing shadows with no service for 2 to do the same.. change the wide midfielders/ wingers for 2 that give you far less cover retreating.
for me ,with EVERYONE fit we have a chance in enough games to stay up, 3 missing like yesterday ,you have to take it on the chin as not being good enough.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:12 pm

dogfound wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

well that yesterday was the least defence minded set up this season. no sitting midfielder, no dog tearing around, instead two passers, 2 wingers, 2 strikers. it was forced on him by injury but it looked awful and we got pushed back all over the park leaving the 2 up top isolated and with zero service. a better team would have really hammered us.
what could he do different.? change the 2 chasing shadows with no service for 2 to do the same.. change the wide midfielders/ wingers for 2 that give you far less cover retreating.
for me ,with EVERYONE fit we have a chance in enough games to stay up, 3 missing like yesterday ,you have to take it on the chin as not being good enough.

I meant get some one else in the hot seat, not the formation.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:15 pm

Lengee wrote:I have said that as Warnock has done brilliantly to get us to the Premier he deserves to have the full season to keep us up. Imho he now needs to
2/ not pick the players who have shown that they are not premier standard and /or are out of form.
I will even accept giving him the year and going down - if we start to try to play better football. I am sticking to giving him a season.
We have a chance at Arsenal. They will have played a tough game a few days before. We have the chance to rest and plan. If we solely sit back at Arsenal we'll get beaten. Their defence however is not so good. Let's not pick Hoilet and Patterson again (for God's sake) and let's allow players with pace to run at them!!

Why would you sacrifice a chance to stay up with a new manager just because Warnock got us here. Warnock is not bigger than Cardiff City fc.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:23 pm

Warnock has been good enough to get the wins needed when under pressure this season, but recently our form has dropped off badly. Everybody has now played every team at least once. It looks like we have been worked out right now.
In every league this happens in the second half of the season so this isn’t anything new.
He has to approach things differently and make a few changes to the way we play, more creativity to start with.
As for hiring a new manager for a potential improvement, then why not?

Nobody is untouchable in this business. The Results and performances have to improve. Two new forwards and perhaps a couple of other players brings more pressure from above.
He has proved people wrong before,and he will have to do it again.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:25 pm

Dahboy wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

I meant get some one else in the hot seat, not the formation.

ive always thought if your going to sack someone its got to be because they are not doing a decent job. in this case i think the huge majority expoected us to be relegated . probably in 20th spot and quite possibly with a very low points total.i actually spoke to someone from another club yesterday whose opening remark was, i know you lost today but i bet your quite happy over all.. having watched the game on stream and then been on here i was doubley gutted so looked bemused. he then said well you started the season with no chance of staying up, and now you do really have a chance.?

its the truth.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:51 pm

Dahboy wrote:
Lengee wrote:I have said that as Warnock has done brilliantly to get us to the Premier he deserves to have the full season to keep us up. Imho he now needs to

Why would you sacrifice a chance to stay up with a new manager just because Warnock got us here. Warnock is not bigger than Cardiff City fc.

it is you that wants to sacrifice any chance we have mate.
we have the cheapest players in transfer terms
cheapest in terms of wages
with the least premier league experience in this league yet are not bottom?
sack the manager...bloody hell..buy some cheap frying steak get your wife to cook it then get a divorce because it didn't taste like fillet.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:05 pm

Dahboy wrote:I think Warnock should move aside before he takes us down. Look what it's done for Southampton.

That didn't help your Swansea lot , did it. I bet you'd love to see us make the same mistake

Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:14 pm

dogfound wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
We have a chance at Arsenal. They will have played a tough game a few days before. We have the chance to rest and plan. If we solely sit back at Arseneal we'll get beaten. Their defence however is not so good. Let's not pick Hoilet and Patterson again (for God's sake) and let's allow players with pace to run at them!!

sack the manager...bloody hell..buy some cheap frying steak get your wife to cook it then get a divorce because it didn't taste like fillet.

what's frying steak?

Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:15 pm

It’s all about expectation.

Warnock raised our expectations when he took us over and put a run that got us comfortably mid table.

He raised our expectations by getting us up the top of the league so when we had a bad run over Christmas the usual clowns jumped on him.

He then got us up.

He then raised our expectations by having us sat outside the relegation zone at the turn of the year.

By all rights we should be still in the championship but we aren’t because of one man. That man deserves better than what has come his way. Yes people have a right to question but they don’t have a right to ask for a change at the top.

The only reason we are here is because of him.

In Warnock I (still) trust.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:16 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
Dahboy wrote:I think Warnock should move aside before he takes us down. Look what it's done for Southampton.

That didn't help your Swansea lot , did it. I bet you'd love to see us make the same mistake

Damn I've been busted.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:36 pm

Dahboy wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
We have a chance at Arsenal. They will have played a tough game a few days before. We have the chance to rest and plan. If we solely sit back at Arseneal we'll get beaten. Their defence however is not so good. Let's not pick Hoilet and Patterson again (for God's sake) and let's allow players with pace to run at them!!

what's frying steak?

well I tried, next time I will just have a rant about you being a jack. seems to make no difference

Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:44 pm

Dahboy wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Damn I've been busted.

Good. Unnecessary then to confront you with the fact that "dah" is an alternative term for "dash" in morse code and , as I think you very well know , a single dash "-" in morse code is in fact S !

Like your Victorian counterpart , Professor Moriatti, ( who was also fictitious ), you have been caught out by your own brilliant but twisted mind. Your narcissism compelled you to give the world a clear clue to your real agenda, believing that everyone would be too stupid to see through it.

You failed to take into account that dogged pursuit and the use of scientific methods of detection would track you back to your lair in the Mumbles with its golden statues of Shelvey and tame swans roaming the lawns.

So then, " S Boy", you are unmasked !

Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:20 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Damn I've been busted.

Good. Unnecessary then to confront you with the fact that "dah" is an alternative term for "dash" in morse code and , as I think you very well know , a single dash "-" in morse code is in fact S !

Like your Victorian counterpart , Professor Moriatti, ( who was also fictitious ), you have been caught out by your own brilliant but twisted mind. Your narcissism compelled you to give the world a clear clue to your real agenda, believing that everyone would be too stupid to see through it.

You failed to take into account that dogged pursuit and the use of scientific methods of detection would track you back to your lair in the Mumbles with its golden statues of Shelvey and tame swans roaming the lawns.

So then, " S Boy", you are unmasked !

How can I argue with that :clap: I'm getting to like you.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:41 am

We will go down with Warnock 100% doesn’t mater who we sign, but he brought us up so he can take us down.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:56 am

BobbyBlue wrote:We will go down with Warnock 100% doesn’t mater who we sign, but he brought us up so he can take us down.

What a throw in the towel attitude.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:02 am

Personally I think Warnock needs to look at his side kicks that he takes to every club with him first.

There is definitely a weak link there between league 1 football and premier