Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Strength in depth

Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:18 pm

It really is worrying that we appear to have no right back in the academy that is good enough to replace Bruno Manga.
We have known that this has been a problem since the back end of last season.
How poor is our academy or is it too much of a gamble to try a 'youngster' in this position?

Re: Strength in depth

Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:58 pm

skybluebird wrote:It really is worrying that we appear to have no right back in the academy that is good enough to replace Bruno Manga.
We have known that this has been a problem since the back end of last season.
How poor is our academy or is it too much of a gamble to try a 'youngster' in this position?

its not just at right back ,its any academy players.

Spurs had a few kids on the bench today, Liverpool played 3 teenagers last week and expect to see Citeh put a few in the squad for Burton. we seem to have no one

Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:24 pm

It’s not really worrying that we haven’t got premier league quality players in our academy at all.

If we were producing them that easily we’d be a main stay in this league and probably in Europe

Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:30 pm

When Vincent Tan arrived there was talk of investing in a brand new training academy and everything that went with it.
That never transpired so I guess like most clubs in the Premier League there is a preference to buy 'foreign' rather than bring young players through.
Watching Leeds on Friday night they have clearly invested in young players and with the right manager it is paying dividends.
I hate to say this but I think the future of that club looks brighter than ours.