Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Niasse or Sala? “

Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:02 am

I really can’t see Warnock starting with two up front at Arsenal.

You would expect one of the new signings will start.

So who would you start - Oumar Niasse or Emiliano Sala?

Sala for me. His hold up play has been praised by the French press, and that’s we’ll need. Niasse would be a great alternative from the bench with his qualities.

The below is assuming there are no more signings before that match.

Etheridge

Peltier
Bamba
Manga
Cunningham

Gunnarsson
Arter
Camarasa

Mendez-Laing
Hoilett

Sala

Re: “ Niasse or Sala? “

Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:03 am

Neither, ide deffo not trust the french press, dunno about niasse. probs start with my Nan atm lol. or Reid with Zahore playing off one of the two new signings. All jokes aside, Warnock has to play one if not both to justify the moneys spent, however, in at the deep end under pressure to instantly please our fickle fans is gonna be a hard ask. (im sure if we lose the game by 3 or 4 then the usual senario is he's a waste of money, sack Warnock and the scouts, ect ect). have an impact and enjoy the game as much as you can, this would be my best advice as debutants at the emerites. Hopefully Barca have missed out on the next messi though and our new signing will score a hatric against the gooners......or maybe next week.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:33 am

Both can be played,it doesn’t have to be either, Niasse can play off Sala. Patterson is no striker let him return to his natural position.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:25 am

Etheridge

Peltier
Manga
Bamba
Bennett

Gunnarsson
Arter
Camarasa

Mendez Laing
Murphy

Sala

Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:41 am

Play both we are desperate for goals

Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:13 am

Why not play the both of them?? we might as well try and have a go at arsenal and lose 3-0 because at the moment we are sitting back, not creating anything and still getting hammered, the two have been signed to try and get us the goals we need to stay in this league, they can only do that if they are on the pitch.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:20 pm

Just one point I may have missed. We have a squad of 25. Madine has gone to Sheff utd. Connolly did not go to Hull. Do we still have a squad of 25 at the moment with Niasse or have we removed someone else? If so we need to drop the "someone else" before Sala can be added, or in fact anyone else we may be in the market for. I'm not suggesting that decision will be too difficult mind.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:26 pm

Play both, along with Murphy, we need to start going for it

Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:34 pm

I think niasse will end up being a waste of a loan as he'll be on the bench most of the time. We should have used that Loan in midfield where it's most needed.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:36 pm

I don’t agree with the assumption that if you play two strikers its going for it or that we have to as we need goals.

I would say recent games highlight more than anything we need to create chance. I don’t think just putting two up solves much. I would really like to see Reid given that number 10 role, he can score, he can create and he closes down. No he isn’t physical but not everyone needs to be. Its unfortunate we have Arsenal away next and not someone we can give it a go at.

I would like to see

Etheridge

Richards
Manga
Bamba
Bennett

Gunnerson
Arter

Murphy (wide)
Camrasa (wide)
Reid (‘10’)

Sala

Slightly lob-sided and Canarasa may be wasted wide but I think Sala will need support and Camaras can still create from wide areas.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:44 pm

Whatever we do, we need to be pressing higher up the pitch, can't sit back and let these top sides come at us.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:01 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I don’t agree with the assumption that if you play two strikers its going for it or that we have to as we need goals.

I would say recent games highlight more than anything we need to create chance. I don’t think just putting two up solves much. I would really like to see Reid given that number 10 role, he can score, he can create and he closes down. No he isn’t physical but not everyone needs to be. Its unfortunate we have Arsenal away next and not someone we can give it a go at.

I would like to see

Etheridge

Richards
Manga
Bamba
Bennett

Gunnerson
Arter

Murphy (wide)
Camrasa (wide)
Reid (‘10’)

Sala

Slightly lob-sided and Canarasa may be wasted wide but I think Sala will need support and Camaras can still create from wide areas.

I think it would be foolish to start with two up top at a place like Arsenal. They’d probably rip us apart inside 20 minutes, like Spurs did.

Our midfield have struggled to cope with the Premier League, so I can’t understand going to Arsenal and replacing a midfielder with a striker.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:13 pm

3-5-2.

Etheridge

Peltier
Bamba
Manga

Mendez-Laing
Gunnarsson
camaras
arter
Hoilett

Niasse
Sala

Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:48 pm

Niasse can play wide and is credited for assists as well as goals,so Warnock could play Niasse and Sala up front.