Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What happens now with Reid, Niasse and Sala?

Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:03 am

What happens now with Reid, Niasse and Sala?

By Dominic Booth

Monday 21st January 2019

Sala has signed , Niasse is here and Warnock still loves Paterson for his work rate and physicality.

Throw in Reid and the fact Cardiff like to play with two attacking wingers and Warnock has a selection dilemma on his hands.

You feel the former Bristol City star must now surely start against Arsenal and Bournemouth in the 4-4-1-1 system that gets the best from him.

Warnock admitted as much, on the best way of fitting in Reid from a tactical standpoint.

"I think it suited him today, the system," said Warnock.

"But I've had no complaints with Bobby and the opportunities he's had.

"I always pick what I think is my best side if I'm honest and I don't think that will change."

Yet with Sala a striker who loves service from out wide and Niasse someone to run the channels and dart in behind, Warnock simply cannot fit them all in.

The Yorkshireman will surely pick £15million club record signing as his first choice with Niasse an impact option off the bench.

Whether Reid or Paterson drop in behind the striker will depend on whether Cardiff want to work the ball forward on the deck, or retain their more direct tactic that has been a hallmark since Warnock's appointment.

The past couple of performances - and the impact of Reid at St James' Park - suggest the latter would be more effective.

Re: What happens now with Reid, Niasse and Sala?

Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:18 am

FOREVER BLUE
could' nt agree more bobby reid's time has come patters needs a turn on the bench.

Oh bobby reids a bluebird
He' s flying here and there
And if you think you missed him
He's blue with dreadlock hair.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:50 pm

If Warnock is ever in doubt who to play he will always choose the more defensive and Physical player. That's how Reid and Murphy have found there way to the bench. It certainly needs mixing up. I personally would like to see Reid and Sala at some point.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:32 pm

It's an 18 man game these days.
We need quality on the bench

Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:21 pm

modern day football is sink or swim. reid hasn't yet stepped up to this level, and that's one of the reasons we've signed two established strikers.

we can't persevere with players who aren't producing as we have a chance of staying up. still one for the future though.