Attacking blend all wrong

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:05 am

By Dominic Booth

Monday 21st January 2019

Warnock's decision to throw Niasse straight into his starting XI was understandable.

Like many supporters, he believed the new boy would be keen to impress and may even nick a debut goal.

Yet the Everton loanee, for all his work rate and hard running, was never presented with the chance to test Martin Dubravka. Barely any Cardiff player did test the Newcastle goalkeeper, in fact.

On this occasion that owed more to the players immediately behind Niasse, who just didn't provide any service. Callum Paterson was again a passenger - bar the odd flick header - and Junior Hoilett was quiet and Nathaniel Mendez-Laing was snuffed out by the Magpies back five.

It begs the question - for the second time in succession - why did Warnock see fit to leave Bobby Decordova-Reid and Josh Murphy on the bench?

The game had virtually eluded them by the time Reid did emerge on 64 minutes, though his superb cameo should at least change the outlook in terms of more (deserved) game time for the 25-year-old.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Attacking blend all wrong

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:34 am

Neil Warnock has done a fantastic job for the club but is he being too loyal to some, e.g. Paterson. I can’t recall the last time that I saw him have a decent game. Could do with a rest.

Been arguing for some time that both Murphy (our best attacking threat) & Reid should be given more time. Against a weak Fulham defence, yes but our best performance of the season scoring 4 goals included stand out performances by both Murphy and Reid. Murphy has pace, easily beats defences, creates chances, has a decent cross and a great shot as shown against Real Betis/Burnley. Yes, perhaps not the best covering but he wold cerycreate moe chances for Sala/Niasse with his pace alone.

Reid deserves a run of games playing just off Sala/Niasse. He knows how to score goals.
bridgendbluebird30

Return to General Chat