Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

22 crosses in the box & 10 corners I wouldn't say there was

Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:11 am

Vince Alm:
(Cardiff City Supporters)

22 crosses in the box and 10 corners I wouldn't say there was no service Rob?

Bad run of form at the moment rather it now then later, we be fine with Warnock and his staff

Re: 22 crosses in the box & 10 corners I wouldn't say there

Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:25 am

Forever Blue wrote:Vince Alm:

Bad run of form at the moment rather it now then later, we be fine with Warnock and his staff

Hopefully Sala will get onto one or two of them. Strikers instinct hopefully

Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:03 am

Forever Blue wrote:Vince Alm:

Well if that is the stats for saturday then it doesn't give the full picture, from the first whistle we had 10 men behind the ball and were playing far,far too deep. After the game i was speaking to about six newcastle fans (members) and as nice as they could put it told me we were the poorest team by a long way that they had played at home this season.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:04 am

yeah but was the delivery of the balls into the box decent? were forwards able to get on the end of them?

Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:19 am

£20 million on the bench. No midfield, no wonder the back 4 struggled. Ralls is out of his depth and should not even be on the bench. I don't understand the team for the last two games. We need two midfielders ASAP and a RB. Getting worried now. Although NW has done an amazing job I have started to question his team selection and tactics. Hope i'm wrong but seems to be missing the fact wingers are not midfielders. Hoilett, NML and Patterson are not the answer to survive in the prem.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:37 am

Saturday showed just how much we miss Arter and Gunnarsson

Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:05 am

Reply from Rob Phillip:

My point was the quality of crosses. I can’t recall one of the front men missing a good chance, because (by memory) there weren’t any. Mendez-Laing crossed when he might have shot but can’t remember much else. Poor form currently but still time and Sala should add something

Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:23 am

Forever Blue wrote:Reply from Rob Phillip:

My point was the quality of crosses. I can’t recall one of the front men missing a good chance, because (by memory) there weren’t any. Mendez-Laing crossed when he might have shot but can’t remember much else. Poor form currently but still time and Sala should add something

Have to agree with Rob Phillips. The quality of the crosses, especially from dead ball situations, have been very poor this season. Last season we scored a chunk of goals from corners and free kicks, a knack we’ve sadly lacked this season.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:27 am

Mads the point on Saturday every corner went to keeper dead ball situation far post none were dangerous and did not constitute a threat whatsoever! It's like having 80% possession but thats usless if possession ia own half! Same with
Crosses if not to our players they are just as usless :roll:

Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:36 am

CardiffSolicitor wrote:Saturday showed just how much we miss Arter and Gunnarsson

Saturday showed that we missed Arter's tenacity and that we need a new midfielder.. Gunnarsson is not the answer.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:06 pm

worst performance since warnock has arrived has been the last two, cant pass water,no press on the ball, pathetic defending, attack non existent 20m worth of talent on the bench, wingers picked on their defensive capability, warnock has done wonders to get us here and in with a fighting chance but hes doing the same as last season when the going gets tough we just hoof it and hope to win something from a flick on etc. this is the premier league neil, teams actually know how to play a bit and your shit tactics are taking us down and with the players tan is buying you we are gna be in stupid debt selling everything thats not screwed down when we go down.

i havent posted on here for a while i read the forum every day but im amazed how a man with so much experience can come out and say he was happy with the performance after literally rolling over for a shit newcastle team and sitting back and hoofing the ball in the air against a huddersfield team who are struggling to beat derbys record low points

love warnock or not he either needs to start playing some football and getting results or move aside and get someone proven in this league to keep us up like big sam for example

sorry for the rant guys

Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:09 pm

Every single corner was exactly the same hit way to high and slowly fell into the box exactly where the keeper was to easyily catch it. Corners have been utterly shite all season long.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:19 pm

phildavies wrote:Every single corner was exactly the same hit way to high and slowly fell into the box exactly where the keeper was to easyily catch it. Corners have been utterly shite all season long.

When you look at the delivery of corners against us they afe drilled hard and fast in the box. They are dangerous balls and any headers can generate a lot more power when on target. Same with free kicks. We seem to float them in which is much easier for sides to deal with.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:51 pm

Completely agree with Reza above. Spot on son!
We cannot just rely on muscle bound runners who struggle to pass or cross the ball accurately in the Prem - know that sounds harsh but the past 2 games have been a bogtrotting League 1 style from us.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:06 pm

I hope the team are practicing on crossings. Also shooting from outside the box seems to be something we are good at (hoilett and camarasa).

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:36 am

I mentioned this about when we were playing Murphy we have no player that can deliver a ball. Murphy's stats are shocking although juniors are better purely based on games played and minutes.
This comes down to tactics and coaching unfortunately!!

If you cannot cross the ball for a header challenge then we need to work on getting the ball to there feet.

We have had a few goals from just out side the box and we have had a few goals from messy play inside the box.

Ide rather see the ball go low and hard into the box that may cause a deflection then high and waisted. Or hold the ball and play for longer shots just outside.

Our stats say we play more longer balls that do not reach there target and we lose the ball 80% time before there is any kind of attack.

These are all coaching issues that should be raised.

When you look at the last few games you will see we do not use the gaps we play a one demintional flow cb to lb RB to midfield out the winger then majority back to the lb RB then keeper and up the field.

We don't play through balls enough and we don't play enough balls to the strikers feet.

I we are going to lose then let's lose by playing the game and not losing on a constant defensive tactic.