Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I have just had it on good authority that Yaya Tour

Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:00 pm

I have just had it on good authority that Yaya Toure's support team have made his availability known to the Cardiff City backroom staff.

The player is ready to help and his big pals with Sol Bamba.

Re: I have just had it on good authority that Yaya Tour

Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:06 pm

If that’s true, we should bring him in. Would be a brilliant addition.

But a lot would depend on how much money he’d want.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:06 pm

Imagine that! :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:13 pm

What a signing he would be

Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:25 pm

Him and if we could wangle a deal for Cahill plus another right back - I think we would stay up and be able to build off that. There are quality players available that will strengthen us.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:26 pm

someone find out when his Birthday is, just in case this comes true!!!!!!

:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing5:

Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:33 pm

firstly the guy doesnt need the money hes been on mega wages for years ,he could be looking for a short term deal till the end of the season if so thats worth a punt especially if his agents are pushing him to lower clubs .

Hes just quit Panathaniokos so a free agent happy to help a club where he will play games and not be on the bench..cant see it happening but if it did think of the boost he would give the team,the fans etc he can dominate the midfield .

Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:36 pm

I feel sorry for Sala if this happened. Record signing buzz to be squashed by this :lol:

Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:39 pm

Would be an absolutely cracker of a signing, arter camarasa and Yaya. Decent defender and I reckon we’d pick up points needed. As long as can stay relatively injury free.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:42 pm

Holy shit please be true!!! Would make my day!!

Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:46 pm

I'd buy another shirt just to get his name on it :D :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :mrgreen: :laughing6:

Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:47 pm

I guess the pertinent question is ... after being made aware of his interest ... is Neil interested in return?!

Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:48 pm

welshrarebit wrote:I'd buy another shirt just to get his name on it :D :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :mrgreen: :laughing6:

Was thinking the same thing actually. :laughing6: saying that shirt sales would surely boom?

Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:51 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
welshrarebit wrote:I'd buy another shirt just to get his name on it :D :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :mrgreen: :laughing6:

Was thinking the same thing actually. :laughing6: saying that shirt sales would surely boom?

There must be a load of barcelona and Man City fans in the area we can con out of a bit of cash?? ;) :mrgreen:

Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:53 pm

Imagine this.
Would be the clubs biggest signing ever IMO

Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:00 pm

welshrarebit wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

There must be a load of barcelona and Man City fans in the area we can con out of a bit of cash?? ;) :mrgreen:

Must admit I like Barcelona :oops: to be fair I went to the Barca v PSG game in 2016 when they smashed to qualify to the quarters. :D

Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:01 pm

Etheridge

New RB / Bamba / Manga / Bennett

Arter / Arslan / Toure

Camarrasa

Sala / Niasse

We can dream aye :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :laughing6:

Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:05 pm

if interest is there from their camp then surely we should be chasing it up. our midfield would be complete with him, arter and camarasa with gunnarason as backup. yaya bloody toure, WANTS to come to us!

Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:09 pm

bluebadger wrote:if interest is there from their camp then surely we should be chasing it up. our midfield would be complete with him, arter and camarasa with gunnarason as backup. yaya bloody toure, WANTS to come to us!

IF true I'm quite proud that someone of his fibre wants to play for us. Not bad for the "worst" team in the premier league. :D :bluebird:

Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:11 pm

Would score a fair few free-kicks that's for sure

Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:12 pm

I'm sorry but I think he would be a terrible signing. His legs went a few seasons ago, he can't get around the pitch anymore and I think he would be a passenger in midfield.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:12 pm

Imagine the canton doing the ya ya song

Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:13 pm

How long before Wales online post this as an exclusive

Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:16 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
bluebadger wrote:if interest is there from their camp then surely we should be chasing it up. our midfield would be complete with him, arter and camarasa with gunnarason as backup. yaya bloody toure, WANTS to come to us!

IF true I'm quite proud that someone of his calibre wants to play for us. Not bad for the "worst" team in the premier league. :D :bluebird:

Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:17 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

IF true I'm quite proud that someone of his calibre wants to play for us. Not bad for the "worst" team in the premier league. :D :bluebird:

Sorry for quoting my quote, but my original quays was supposed to be an edit. :laughing6:

Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:31 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I'm sorry but I think he would be a terrible signing. His legs went a few seasons ago, he can't get around the pitch anymore and I think he would be a passenger in midfield.

I think I agree with you. Way past his best and I remember the expectations some had when we signed Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, and that excitement was short lived.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:34 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I'm sorry but I think he would be a terrible signing. His legs went a few seasons ago, he can't get around the pitch anymore and I think he would be a passenger in midfield.

I think I agree with you. Way past his best and I remember the expectations some had when we signed Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, and that excitement was short lived.

He did alright... although Trev Sinclair was the boy!

and Fowler.. well..

Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:37 pm

Great player but contract got ripped up after 4 months at olympiacos, would struggle to get around the pitch now

Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:45 pm

A post to get hits I think

Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:45 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:

Absolutely correct 5 years past his best..would be an expensive flop