ARTER GOING NOWHERE

Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:24 pm

Just heard he not going to be recalled.

Re: ARTER GOING NOWHERE

Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:13 pm

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46951012

Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:35 pm

I was pleased to see headline but dissapointed to see that there was still wriggle room in the text . Call me a suspicious old lawyer if you will, but I'm very good at spotting things which appear to be saying something clearly yet retain potential for another interpretation if it suits.

"Cardiff spokesman said: "There is a [recall] clause, which at the moment they are not exercising."

- at the moment !!!

Why do you put that bit into the sentence , because it serves no other purpose but as a trap door if you change your mind.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:30 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:I was pleased to see headline but dissapointed to see that there was still wriggle room in the text . Call me a suspicious old lawyer if you will, but I'm very good at spotting things which appear to be saying something clearly yet retain potential for another interpretation if it suits.

"Cardiff spokesman said: "There is a [recall] clause, which at the moment they are not exercising."

- at the moment !!!

Why do you put that bit into the sentence , because it serves no other purpose but as a trap door if you change your mind.

great spot .. :roll:
the fact that Bournemouth put a clause in to start with { which our club clearly knew about } covers the trap door aspect .
be calling you Sir Rumpole of the Baily next , or far more likely you will be calling yourself by that title.