Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Cardiff City’s offer will be rejected “

Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:36 pm

Sun reporting tonight that we have made a 2m bid for Sunderland’s Josh Maja. Sunderland apparently after 4m.

Having brought in Sala & Niasse would be surprised with this one.

THE SUN

CARDIFF are ready to make a £2million offer for Josh Maja.

But Sunderland want £4m for their striker, who has banged in 16 goals this term.

Maja, 20, is out of contract at the end of the season and has rejected the offer of a new deal from the League One club.

The Black Cats have not given up hope of keeping him, but Celtic plus German clubs Stuttgart, Cologne and Wolfsburg are interested.

They also know they risk losing him for minimal compensation in the summer so are willing to cash in on him now.

Maja’s preference is to finish the season with the Black Cats, even if that means signing for a new club this month and being loaned back.

But if he does not attract an offer which suits him, he is likely to run his deal down and then leave in the summer.

Cardiff have made the first firm move for Maja but they will have to up their offer

Fellow Premier League side Crystal Palace have also made their interest in the hitman known.

Re: Josh MAJA

Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:52 pm

Link?

Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:57 pm

Never mind, for anyone interested...
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... r-cardiff/

Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:57 pm

Edwardsccfc16 wrote:Link?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... r-cardiff/

Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:00 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Sun reporting tonight that we have made a 2m bid for Sunderland’s Josh Maja. Sunderland apparently after 4m.

Sala and niasse are short term solutions maja would be a long term solution and an eye on if we go down, personally think the c club have balanced things well with one eye on us going down. That team is a very good Championship team, yeah we would lose sala arter and camarasa but we would also bring players in. Murphy Reid healey maja? That’s real quality and they will only get better.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:05 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Sun reporting tonight that we have made a 2m bid for Sunderland’s Josh Maja. Sunderland apparently after 4m.

Sala and niasse are short term solutions maja would be a long term solution and an eye on if we go down, personally think the c club have balanced things well with one eye on us going down. That team is a very good Championship team, yeah we would lose sala arter and camarasa but we would also bring players in. Murphy Reid healey maja? That’s real quality and they will only get better.

I would agree with that.

Maja’s preference to finish the season at Sunderland would help too, as we have now have Sala and Niasse for this season. Even if we stay up, I think Maja would be a useful addition to the squad for next season.

Hope there’s something in this.

Re: “ Cardiff City’s offer will be rejected “

Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:05 pm

This story just goes to show that the press makes stuff up. It's a ridiculous idea

Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:07 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:This story just goes to show that the press makes stuff up. It's a ridiculous idea

Not as ridiculous as your posts.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:13 pm

Give them 2m and Healey, wouldn’t be be a bad offer, think we need to do more player swaps, 10m and Harris for Bowen at hull was another one I seen in pre season. Scores goals nearly every single weekend for a weak Hull side and only 22, brilliant player

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:39 pm

Edwardsccfc16 wrote:Give them 2m and Healey, wouldn’t be be a bad offer, think we need to do more player swaps, 10m and Harris for Bowen at hull was another one I seen in pre season. Scores goals nearly every single weekend for a weak Hull side and only 22, brilliant player

Swaps are rare because they are so complex unless its a football game. Both teams have to want the players then they both have to agree terms.

Sunderland would probably prefer just the 2m :lol:

Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:02 pm

Edwardsccfc16 wrote:Give them 2m and Healey, wouldn’t be be a bad offer, think we need to do more player swaps, 10m and Harris for Bowen at hull was another one I seen in pre season. Scores goals nearly every single weekend for a weak Hull side and only 22, brilliant player

Ward not Healey surely

Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:17 pm

Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:59 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Swaps are rare because they are so complex unless its a football game. Both teams have to want the players then they both have to agree terms.

Sunderland would probably prefer just the 2m :lol:

Be generous offer 2.5m

Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:00 pm

4m isn't a lot for a premier league club, get him and loan him back out, art his age his value wont drop much but it will increase if he performs.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:14 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:This story just goes to show that the press makes stuff up. It's a ridiculous idea

Not as ridiculous as your posts.

Wish you wouldn't troll me like this. You never seem to comment on what I've actually said, just aim a bit of personal abuse.