Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Sala’s Dad And Mother speak ‘

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:52 pm

French Police and French Aviation have both confirmed the plane carrying Sala and the pilot has been lost between Nantes and Cardiff Airport :cry:

Tuesday 21st January 2019

The player's dad, Horatio, told Argentine TV station Channel 5 News: "A friend told me, I did not know anything, I'm in Rosario, I'm desperate, I hope everything goes well.

"Still nobody from Nantes has communicated with us, we are worried, desperate, this took us all by surprise.

"I don't have any information on the journey, the only thing I know is that it was
"They are saying that the plane lost control in the channel. I don't know what could have happened. I am speechless."

His mother, Mercedes, added: "The plane is from the President of Cardiff City FC, they informed us that the plane had disappeared and that they were looking for it."

Cardiff Airport confirmed the aircraft was due to arrive from Nantes but a spokeswoman said that no plane ever landed.

The pilot asked to do an emergency landing in Gurnsey but never landed there either.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204226 :cry:

Cardiff City footballer Emiliano Sala was on a light aircraft that disappeared from radar in the English Channel last night, French police have confirmed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Sala’s Dad And Mother speak ‘

Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:07 pm

God bless the pilot and family and the lad and all his family he was so looking forward to a new life in cardiff, still hoping .

Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:12 pm

montyblue wrote:God bless the pilot and family and the lad and all his family he was so looking forward to a new life in cardiff, still hoping .

So sad and so very true :cry:

Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:23 pm

Annis have the club made an official statement yet, soo sad

Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:39 pm

pengamblue wrote:Annis have the club made an official statement yet, soo sad

Not yet but are in the next hour.

I just had a French reporter from Nantes ring me, their fans and club are devastated :cry:

Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:43 pm

As are we annis totally numb

Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:44 pm

Seeing that photo of Emiliano and his mum had me choking back the tears.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:03 pm

Such devastating news for all involved

There's alot of mixed reports and so there would be everyone wants to cover it even if it isn't the whole truth unfortunately.

I spoke to Somone earlier and they had said the plane took a couple of attempts to get going I'm not sure if there's any truth in it.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:24 pm

I feel like I have lost someone close. My little boy has a diary and has been so totally excited about him arriving. I have to try and explain this to an eight year old, who has been watching every twist and turn in signing him. He has a diary that describes his sheer excitement. I feel absolutely terrible and so sad, for a young man with so much to live for.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:24 pm

RageJon wrote:Such devastating news for all involved

There's alot of mixed reports and so there would be everyone wants to cover it even if it isn't the whole truth unfortunately.

I spoke to Somone earlier and they had said the plane took a couple of attempts to get going I'm not sure if there's any truth in it.

Yes the plane did.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:24 pm

Blue Moon wrote:I feel like I have lost someone close. My little boy has a diary and has been so totally excited about him arriving. I have to try and explain this to an eight year old, who has been watching every twist and turn in signing him. He has a diary that describes his sheer excitement. I feel absolutely terrible and so sad, for a young man with so much to live for.

:cry:

Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:35 pm

Blue Moon wrote:I feel like I have lost someone close. My little boy has a diary and has been so totally excited about him arriving. I have to try and explain this to an eight year old, who has been watching every twist and turn in signing him. He has a diary that describes his sheer excitement. I feel absolutely terrible and so sad, for a young man with so much to live for.

Had my lad on the phone at lunchtime, he’s 12, left Newcastle on Saturday and he was buzzing that “this guy Sala” was coming in to save us. Now trying to explain to him from abroad, this horrible situation. Poor little guy has lost a gran and granda in the last 12 months too. Football so often gives us a break in times of sadness, rarely do they go hand in hand to this depth. Truly is heartbreakimg. Cannot imagine what those closest to all involved are going through, out thoughts go out to them first and foremost.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:20 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:00 pm

i'm fucked up in my head sorry for his family i'm total going to get polaxed

Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:31 pm

All our thoughts go to the families at this time my family have had a similar plain go down with a loss of a family member.
I pray for them its so sad the news they have me deapest sympathy at such a sad time I feel for them .

Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:56 pm

I can’t imagine the trauma his mum, dad and family are going through right now. God bless them all

Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:54 am

goats wrote:I can’t imagine the trauma his mum, dad and family are going through right now. God bless them all

Well said,I was on a train home from London, after attending a good friends funeral ,was really moping on the journey, then at reading,I switched my phone on to check on the latest news,then this :sad7: have been in bits all day,poor emiliano and pilot.plus the not knowing for sure,must be absolutely dreadful,my thoughts go out to everyone, who have been moved by this unfolding nightmare. :sad7: :bluebird: