Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tribute to Sala

Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:02 pm

Terrible news.
If the news is as bad as it looks maybe the club could rename the stadium possibly until the end of the season,
'The Emiliano Sala Stadium'

Just an idea. Any other better suggestions????

Re: Tribute to Sala

Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:06 pm

Let's leave it to FC Nantes and support them in whatever they feel they want to do.

Emilianos family will probably wish Cardiff didn't even exist right now in all honesty.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:09 pm

RV Casual wrote:Let's leave it to FC Nantes and support them in whatever they feel they want to do.

Emilianos family will probably wish Cardiff didn't even exist right now in all honesty.

I guess so. Poor family and his ex-team mates must be shellshocked

Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:11 pm

Think we should do something ..

Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:02 pm

RV Casual wrote:Let's leave it to FC Nantes and support them in whatever they feel they want to do.

agree

Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:16 pm

Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:23 pm

I think it's for Nantes but no doubt we will also pay a tribute.

dogfound wrote:.

I have to ask why are you posting a dot in a load of messages.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:50 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I think it's for Nantes but no doubt we will also pay a tribute.

dogfound wrote:.

I have to ask why are you posting a dot in a load of messages.

Not just me then...

Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:09 pm

I think it is up to Nantes to do a full tribute

Maybe we can lay daffodils outside the ground in honour and memory if the worst is confirmed.

Then possibly a tribute match against Nantes to raise money for his family or lifeboat charity.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:09 am

thomasblue wrote:I think it is up to Nantes to do a full tribute

Maybe we can lay daffodils outside the ground in honour and memory if the worst is confirmed.Ttibute match is a great idea.

Then possibly a tribute match against Nantes to raise money for his family or lifeboat charity.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:57 pm

Alongside the boys at Euroflag, we are thinking of designing and making flags in tribute to Emiliano Sala.

This is being set up by myself, and I am being backed by Euroflag.

Nothing has been made or planned as of yet, as we don’t want to jump to conclusions and we want to respect the situation and take time to wait for the updates.

Euroflag will also donate £250 towards the flags, which is greatly appreciated.

£4,000 is the target, as we aim to make a number of flags including some to send to FC Nantes.

We are also thinking of other ways to pay tribute to him.

From me and everyone at Euroflag, we appreciate any support and feedback given to us on this idea.

Thank you.

Pray for Emi!

https://www.gofundme.com/emiliano-sala- ... hareflow_m

Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:59 pm

Also, seen this on twitter as a chant
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:16 pm

dogfound wrote:

Why would his family do that, the young man was bettering his life, and always said, to play in the premiership was his dream. His family most probably gave him their full support anyway.
agree

Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:10 pm

Canton1blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Why would his family do that, the young man was bettering his life, and always said, to play in the premiership was his dream. His family most probably gave him their full support anyway.
agree

What's going on? Deleted by df yday but quoted by this fella today?

To answer the question.. Grief. Their sons, brother/sister nephew/niece life was going along nicely in France and then we come along, bang he's dead. Yes, it's not our fault by any means but I doubt very much they would want to be in any particular hurry to come here. The best thing to do is show a dignified sorrow for their loss and follow what his family and FC Nantes want.

Just my opinion.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:01 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Canton1blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

agree

What's going on? Deleted by df yday but quoted by this fella today?

To answer the question.. Grief. Their sons, brother/sister nephew/niece life was going along nicely in France and then we come along, bang he's dead. Yes, it's not our fault by any means but I doubt very much they would want to be in any particular hurry to come here. The best thing to do is show a dignified sorrow for their loss and follow what his family and FC Nantes want.

Just my opinion.

bit puzzled...that is not me quoting your post.