Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sala expressed his concerns about plane as search stops

Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:31 pm

Emiliano Sala: Cardiff City striker feared dead as fresh update reveals worries over plane

EMILIANO SALA is feared to have been on board the missing Alderney plane.

Updated as search has stooped.
By Bruce Archer

Tue, Jan 22, 2019

Alderney plane: Search and rescue operation for missing flight

A plane travelling from Nantes in France towards Cardiff disappeared from the radar on Monday evening sparking a frantic search in the English channel.

Police sources in France have confirmed Sala was on the plane and now the Cardiff chairman has released a statement.

Mehmet Dalman said: “We are very concerned by the latest news that a light aircraft lost contact over the Channel last night.

“We are awaiting confirmation before we can say anything further. We are very concerned for the safety of Emiliano Sala."

Emiliano Sala is said to have expressed his concerns about the plane.

And in a fresh update, French outlet 20 Minutes Nantes report that Sala expressed his concern about the plane on Monday.

Sala used the same plane to fly from Cardiff to Nantes over the weekend.

It is said the forward said goodbye to his Nantes team-mates on Monday, before heading to the airport with fellow player Nicolas Pallois.

And the report says he expressed ‘fears about the safety of the flight’.

EMILIANO SALA CONCERNED ABOUT PLANE

Emiliano Sala may have been on board the Alderney missing plane (Image: GETTY)
A lifeboat was launched from Alderney at 8.50pm last night and today it has emerged that Cardiff’s January signing Sala was on board.

At 5.10pm on Tuesday it was confirmed the search had been called off for the night, and will resume on Wednesday.

And a French reporter has quoted an AFP police source as claiming Sala was on the plane.

Arnaud Tousch, who works for RTL France, tweeted: “Striker Emiliano Sala is on board a plane disappeared at sea between Nantes and Cardiff (police sources at AFP).”

Sala was in Nantes yesterday after his transfer to Cardiff was sealed over the weekend and was due to travel back to Wales yesterday evening.

The plane, a Piper Malibu, was carrying two people and lost contact near the Casquets lighthouse around eight miles north-west of Alderney at 8.30pm.

A coastguard rescue helicopter and crews from Alderney and Guernsey RNLI have joined the search in the area around the island's lighthouse.

In a statement Guernsey Police said: "A search and rescue operation is currently under way off the north of Alderney after a light aircraft disappeared from radar several hours ago.

"Two helicopters alongside the Guernsey and Alderney lifeboats are searching for it."

EMILIANO SALA: FINAL I

Re: Sala expressed his concerns about plane as search stops

Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:43 pm

Who is saying that he expressed concern? I can't tell what source it is from that article because of the formatting of it. Whoever it is is he legit and respectable?

Because if someone is saying that then they better be damn sure before they start spreading it around.

Same as the unconfirmed rumours that it took three attempts to start the plane. I also read on here this morning that he wasn't on the plane which was conveniently deleted later on and left people who reacted to that to get a bit of stick from a few who came later.

I think everyone should slow down and wait a while before stuff like this gets posted in my opinion.

EDIT: just read that it was a French source "20 minutes" how could they possibly know? For all we know they could be right, But I think we should all slow down a bit.

I know everyone is eager to learn more and are concerned, but this how how fake news becomes gospel.
Last edited by Kafka on Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:44 pm

Kafka wrote:Who is saying that he expressed concern? I can't tell what source it is from that article because of the formatting of it. Whoever it is is he legit and respectable?

Because if someone is saying that then they better be damn sure before they start spreading it around.

Same as the unconfirmed rumours that it took three attempts to start the plane. I also read on here this morning that he wasn't on the plane which was conveniently deleted later on and left people who reacted to that to get a bit of stick from a few who came later.

I think everyone should slow down and wait a while before stuff like this gets posted in my opinion.

Sala expressed concern

Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:49 pm

Its just been metioned on the bbc about salas concerns of the plane when used the other day, plus heard it somewhere on the radio today in work either nantes airport or someone official stated that the plane had a few goes either at starting or take off.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:55 pm

:cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:58 pm

What plane was Warnock and other CCFC staff using for their trips over to France?

Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:10 pm

A aviation expert just said on sky sports that flying a single engine
aircraft at night over water would
present significant problems

Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:12 pm

stickywicket wrote:A aviation expert just said on sky sports that flying a single engine

This was raised on talksport by a pilot also this morning.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:18 pm

montyblue wrote:Its just been metioned on the bbc about salas concerns of the plane when used the other day, plus heard it somewhere on the radio today in work either nantes airport or someone official stated that the plane had a few goes either at starting or take off.

plenty ready to speculate.
even if true those 2 things are sperate as I assume what ever concerns he expressed { I have made comments myself prior to getting on a plane } it was before he was inside the plane failing to take off.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:23 pm

fred keenor wrote:
stickywicket wrote:A aviation expert just said on sky sports that flying a single engine

This was raised on talksport by a pilot also this morning.

Increased risk is what was said which tbh is obvious! Think question should be why leave in dark there was no rush to do so paper work done team 10 days next game....

Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:28 pm

i am not an aviation expert but do know people have been flying across the chanel in single engine planes for over a hundred years, thousands and thousands of flights possibly millions.?
do not understand the rush to look for blame as there will be an inquiry

Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:00 pm

People have circumnavigated the globe in a similar plane. A hop over the channel would be within its normal operating parameters. Let's wait to see what unfolds.

Still can't believe it though. Absolutely gutted. Just thinking about his family and friends.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:10 pm

Why do people fly on these crappy on planes, devastated by this news and angry surely something could of been done to prevent this.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:21 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:Why do people fly on these crappy on planes, devastated by this news and angry surely something could of been done to prevent this.

Wasn't a crappy old plane probably a popular aircraft for this sort of flight as only 500 miles nante/Cardiff ! It's questionable wether should travelled at that time evening but presumably it was planned earlier in day and presumably everyone was ok with timing, what else could have been done?

Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:23 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:Why do people fly on these crappy on planes, devastated by this news and angry surely something could of been done to prevent this.

Light aircraft like that are infinitely less safe than commercial flights. Not quite Russian roulette but much worse odds.

Even with that said though, a lot of this doesn’t add up.

Why were they trying to make that flight over water at night?

Why were they flying so low?

Why was there no mayday?

Why did they not just head up the coast and fly over at Calais, which is the shorter and much safer option? Even if you lose an engine on that route you can easily make land.

The lack of any radio contact after the request to descend points to some kind of catastrophic failure with the aircraft. We might never know what happened but when you ask if this could have been prevented, the sad answer is yes.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:07 am

dogfound wrote:

i am not an aviation expert but do know people have been flying across the chanel in single engine planes for over a hundred years, thousands and thousands of flights possibly millions.?

The plane had faults before take off

Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:23 am

RageJon wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Why flight it :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:40 am

Not sure buddy
I heared there was a problem before departure this morning at exactly 9.47 and hadn't brought it up until this afternoon as I wasn't sure to spread the info but Somone confirmed it was the case on another post after speaking to a journalist.

I find it strange the media were not all over it straight away

Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:37 am

Sadly, the plane has form: https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/ ... fa1395ed5b

Scary stuff

Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:49 am

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/db ... cType=PA46

Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:50 am

RageJon wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Exactly shit plane.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:54 am

RageJon wrote:
dogfound wrote:

yes I have read that, but its not widely reported so not sure how accurate it is.and it certainly does not alter what i posted.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:00 pm

Also fact from radio expert about plane
1100 made
400 been involved in an “incident”
4 todate involved in fatality’s

Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Also fact from radio expert about plane
1100 made
400 been involved in an “incident”
4 todate involved in fatality’s

Frightening stat that a third have been involved in incidents and 4 fatalaties :cry:

Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:26 pm

Hi to the guys on this forum and the wider Cardiff city family
Like everyone I’ve been following this tragic story since it was broken, this latest update with the audio recording was honestly nothing short of heartbreaking
As an Everton fan, a football fan and just another person who wants to desperately for this to have a miracle ending, wanted to offer condolences and thoughts

Hope that serious questions are asked about the state of the plane and why it was deemed fit for travel at the time...it all feels very suspect, the sooner the families of Sala and the pilot have answers the better

All the best