Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Not looking good as search suspended / Floating items‘

Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:46 pm

Emiliano Sala: Search for Cardiff City FC player's plane suspended - BBC News

Tuesday 21st Jan 2019

BBC

Emiliano Sala signed for Cardiff City on Saturday
Premier League footballer Emiliano Sala was on a light aircraft which went missing over the Channel Islands.

The £15m Argentine striker, 28, was one of two people on board the Piper Malibu which lost contact off Alderney in the Channel Islands on Monday night.

Cardiff City, which signed Sala from French club Nantes in a record deal on Saturday , said it was "very shocked".

Guernsey Police said there was "no trace" of the Cardiff-bound flight and has suspended the search for the night.

"We have found no signs of those on board," the force tweeted .

"If they did land on the water, the chances of survival are at this stage, unfortunately, slim."

Sala's father, Horacio, told Argentine TV channel C5N, he heard the news from a friend.

"I didn't know anything. I couldn't believe it," he said. "I'm desperate. I hope everything goes well."

Meanwhile, John Fitzgerald, chief officer of the Channel Islands Air Search, said the probability of finding anyone alive from the missing aircraft was "reducing very rapidly".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Not looking good as search suspended ‘

Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:56 pm

:cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Not looking good as search suspended / Flaoting items‘

Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:04 pm

Absolutely devastated, but still hoping.
All our thoughts and prayers are for the family at this moment in time.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:29 pm

Sala plane search called off for night

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... -for-night

Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:16 pm

Hi Annis, haven't been on for a while but needed to post that my thoughts are with all those involved in this utter tragedy.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:01 am

JulesK wrote:Hi Annis, haven't been on for a while but needed to post that my thoughts are with all those involved in this utter tragedy.

:ayatollah: :bluebird: