Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED: “ THE REAL PILOT OF THE PLANE NOW NAMED “

Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:27 pm

UPDATED 23/01/19

The pilot who is missing along with Emiliano Sala has now been named as Dave Ibbotson.

Mr Ibbotson, from North Lincolnshire, and new Cardiff City signing Sala, are both unaccounted for after the light aircraft they were travelling in disappeared from radar near the Channel Islands

The pilot was a gas engineer who does occasional flights.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/magazine- ... erry-pilot

https://m.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualite ... and-3.html

:shock:

Plus
French reporters say
Our information is that David Henderson did pass security but didn’t board the plane
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Pilot named

Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:30 pm

Knowing that the pilot was highly experienced had given me the slightest glimmer of hope that he managed to land somewhere and is just waiting to be found

Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:42 pm

Sounds a very experience pilot indeed. Says hes done over a hundred transatlatic flights sometimes in extreme weather conditions. Also said if the engine would fail he had neoprene suits at hand and a raft for emergencies.

Is it possible they could be floating somewhere on a raft in the ocean still? Could he even have landed the plane on land somewhere?

Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:02 pm

fred keenor wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/magazine-34492176/my-life-as-a-ferry-pilot

https://m.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualite ... and-3.html

This is what French journalists are saying :shock:

Our information is that David Henderson did pass security but didn’t board the plane
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:04 pm

This is what French journalists are saying :shock:

Re: “ Pilot named? “

Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:20 pm

Who was at the controls then. It's been reported that it had four goes before successfully taking off .

Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:24 pm

What ? So who piloted the plane ? And where is the original pilot now ?

Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:24 pm

This is getting weirder as time goes on. If engine failure the plane would glide for miles and enough time for a distress call. Things don’t add up

Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:This is what French journalists are saying :shock:

Sounds very strange that the UK haven't correctly established this with France.

I also find it strange our media haven't jumped on to the problem the plane had before taking off earlier especially if Sala raised concerns

Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:26 pm

brewer918 wrote:What ? So who piloted the plane ? And where is the original pilot now ?

That's the same question i would like to ask .

Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:26 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:This is getting weirder as time goes on. If engine failure the plane would glide for miles and enough time for a distress call. Things don’t add up

Very strange and you're right. Things certainly don't add up.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:27 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
brewer918 wrote:What ? So who piloted the plane ? And where is the original pilot now ?

That's the same question i would like to ask .

So many rumours as to what's going on. It's so upsetting & I'm honestly still in shock!

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:19 am

This is getting a bit mad he’s saying he’s not dead but as been named as the pilot

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:50 am

It's not confirmed if he was flying the plane. The media reporting it only. Is this message from his facebook page if so can u post a link of it on here cheers.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:55 am

Nuclearblue wrote:This is getting weirder as time goes on. If engine failure the plane would glide for miles and enough time for a distress call. Things don’t add up

Probably not the time to go too far in to stuff like this, but he was in the process of descending - possibly at a steep angle , which together with loss of altitude would considerably reduce his "gliding" distance. Also if he were in a steep dive it'd be hard to recover level flight manually. High winds would complicate it.
Lots of stuff which really needs addressing , but this isn't the time or place. I understand your feelings and concerns, but let's establish the facts before we form any conclusions.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:57 am

The whole press have pulled down the story on him, how odd. His facebook account looks hacked or something.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:02 am

Ibby wrote:It's not confirmed if he was flying the plane. The media reporting it only. Is this message from his facebook page if so can u post a link of it on here cheers.

I have posted on it, I put a link to this topic.

Re: “ Pilot named? “ The Pilot they name says he is not dead

Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:06 am

His Facebook has now been deactivated

Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:56 am

RageJon wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:This is what French journalists are saying :shock:

Sounds very strange that the UK haven't correctly established this with France.

I also find it strange our media haven't jumped on to the problem the plane had before taking off earlier especially if Sala raised concerns

Maybe because it hasn't come from one reputable source.

I wish people would stop jumping on everything they read.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:22 am

ii think another rumour was that another plane was involved and turned back to refuel on it's flight course.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:41 am

I always thought a plane had to have 2 pilots?

For example what if the one pilot became unwell, had a heart attack, a stroke anything really. Strange situation.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:46 am

2blue2handle wrote:I always thought a plane had to have 2 pilots?

For example what if the one pilot became unwell, had a heart attack, a stroke anything really. Strange situation.

I thought so too but I think I read up about the description of the plane and apparently it could only hold 1 pilot and 5 passengers. Not 100% sure though

Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:47 am

2blue2handle wrote:I always thought a plane had to have 2 pilots?

Not every plane. It's to do with the size of the plane etc

Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:50 am

French reporters say

Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:53 am

Forever Blue wrote:French reporters say

This is all getting fishy. What was his Agent up too? He's the guy responsibly for booking the plane etc

Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:01 am

Cardiff City have announced not there plane , which has been confirmed by the tail numbers

Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:03 am

So who was the pilot.......

Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:09 am

lockey1927 wrote:So who was the pilot.......

That’s the big mystery?

Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:17 am

Dalman:

Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:20 am

Getting deeper by the minute Annis, hired planes, different pilots, no mayday.