Player Insurance

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Player Insurance

Postby AJ1927 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:01 pm

Just so no one gets thw wrong idea regarding this post, it is with a heavy heart and upmost sympathy and compassion to all involved in current events surrounding Emiliano Sala.

But ive read a few vile posts regarding monies paid and monies due and what is the current status of the financial fall out because of events taking place.

Rest assured in this day and age Player insurance and brokered deals like football transfers in a multi million pound market are all strict and stringent.

dont get embroiled in rows on social media or others regarding issues as such.

all we should be doing now is hoping and praying.
It's Cardiff Jim,but not as you know it,not as you know it,not as you know it,
It's Cardiff Jim,but not as you know it,not as you know it Jim.
It's worse than that ITS RED JIM, Red Jim,Red Jim,
It's worse than that ITS RED JIM, Red Jim Red.
AJ1927

Player Insurance

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Player Insurance

Postby welshrarebit » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:22 pm

I am sure that is covered. In fact i suspect any insurance money will go directly to Nantes for the transfer fee. It is unimaginable that the club would invest such a large amount of money without any insurance
welshrarebit

Postby FloridaBluebird » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:30 pm

Why was such an asset on a single engine plane, why the rush that night, how in 2019 can a black box not do it’s job...why did Nantes want him there for Sunday? So many questions and sadly only one likely answer... so sad
FloridaBluebird

Postby welshrarebit » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:39 pm

The black box is just a flight recorder. There is a ping given off commercial planes. Not sure about these small ones. There is no GPS on it. Hence why that Malaysia flight has not been found.

Say what you like abiut these planes but they are established planes with a long service history. Hind sight is always handy but no one could predict something like this happening.
welshrarebit

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:32 am

Many questions have to be asked after any sudden death.
However, this is neither the time nor the place.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby fred keenor » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:33 am

welshrarebit wrote:The black box is just a flight recorder. There is a ping given off commercial planes. Not sure about these small ones. There is no GPS on it. Hence why that Malaysia flight has not been found.

Say what you like abiut these planes but they are established planes with a long service history. Hind sight is always handy but no one could predict something like this happening.

really

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/db ... cType=PA46
fred keenor

Postby Jumanji Jim » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:47 pm

But this I swear, before you and before Almighty God, that when we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead or alive, we will all come home together
Jumanji Jim

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:10 pm

Article doesnt explain why we cannot recoup the money? Presume nante are ok as paperwork sighned but surely player is imsured as its mandatory in case of career ending injuries occurs and life benefits you hope will be included.. But time will tell and the its not important at this point ....
pembroke allan

Postby ffs » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:20 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Article doesnt explain why we cannot recoup the money? Presume nante are ok as paperwork sighned but surely player is imsured as its mandatory in case of career ending injuries occurs and life benefits you hope will be included.. But time will tell and the its not important at this point ....

In another thread someone posted a link to a pilot's forum where they are discussing the events. One poster used to be involved in football contracts and transfers and said he'd be very surprised if the insurance details had been completed yet, and would have likely been finalised during his first training session. Again, it's all speculation at this point
ffs

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:44 pm

ffs wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

In another thread someone posted a link to a pilot's forum where they are discussing the events. One poster used to be involved in football contracts and transfers and said he'd be very surprised if the insurance details had been completed yet, and would have likely been finalised during his first training session. Again, it's all speculation at this point

Yes facts will come out eventually. But as for ins it would still be with nante but how much for is question ?
pembroke allan

Postby Milkybarkid » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:45 pm

ffs wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Before I retired I use to be involved organising the insurance for two premier league clubs Each club had a different approach. I would be suprised if anything would be sorted at a training session but also suprised if the club will get the full value back from any insurance They may well have a limit that can be paid out without medical being taken ( and I don’t mean the medical the club put them through ) based on my experience I would not be suprised if only 20% would be covered at this stage
Milkybarkid

Postby welshrarebit » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:52 pm

Another avenue may be via the agency or the plane company.
welshrarebit

Postby darran1927 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:03 pm

I doubt the club will care about the money tbh
darran1927

Postby Deano1 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:13 pm

Had his employment with us even started? Presumably footballers' contracts have a start and end date and he wasn't due to start with us until Tuesday?

But money will be the last thing on anyone's minds at the moment
Deano1

Postby welshrarebit » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:33 pm

Without wanting to be crass earnings won't be an issue. The issue will be the owed transfer fee to Nantes.

Buy yes I'm sure they don't care about money now
welshrarebit

Postby dogfound » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:35 pm

can not believe this thread even exists.
dogfound

Postby Llan_Blue » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:26 pm

I find it sad at this moment in time some of you even give a shit about things like this.

Your all talking absolute bollocks about things you have no idea about during what’s most probably the darkest time in the history of this football club.

Shut up and have some respect.
Llan_Blue

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:00 pm

darran1927 wrote:I doubt the club will care about the money tbh

It won't be at the forefront of their mind of course but it's still 15m quid. Eventually the club will start looking into these things I guess.

Does anyone actually know if the money had gone? I doubt these things happen all that quickly and probably not in one massive lump sum
paulh_85

Postby northernbluebird » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:19 pm

very important question OP. at the end of the day if you don't want to discuss the issue, don't click on the thread.

given that the transfer was worth roughly 10% of the clubs value, you'd have thought once the contract was signed that insurance would have been taken out.

i'm sure we'll find out in due course once the dust has settled.
northernbluebird

Postby AJ1927 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:24 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:I find it sad at this moment in time some of you even give a shit about things like this.

Your all talking absolute bollocks about things you have no idea about during what’s most probably the darkest time in the history of this football club.

Shut up and have some respect.

Ok... Feel better now :old:

Now actually read the OP and ignore the rest of the thread. :ayatollah:
It's Cardiff Jim,but not as you know it,not as you know it,not as you know it,
It's Cardiff Jim,but not as you know it,not as you know it Jim.
It's worse than that ITS RED JIM, Red Jim,Red Jim,
It's worse than that ITS RED JIM, Red Jim Red.
AJ1927

Return to General Chat