Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Sala:"This Plane Seems Like It's Falling To Pieces "

Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:50 pm

Aviation expert has said that the single engined plane used was not suitable for a long journey across the channel .

Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:08 pm

He should have never got on that plane and the worst thing for me is he had his doubts about the safety of it.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Aviation expert has said that the single engined plane used was not suitable for a long journey across the channel .

Annis if that's the case why would an experienced pilot do it? Is a distance of 500miles in total nante/Cardiff channel only what 70/100 miles max way he flew? Think more pertanant is why did pilot choose to go at night when no need to after all no game for 10 days paper work completed just didn't need to go at night during day less likely of ice which as been mentioned. ;)

Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:53 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Aviation expert has said that the single engined plane used was not suitable for a long journey across the channel .

Annis if that's the case why would an experienced pilot do it? Is a distance of 500miles in total nante/Cardiff channel only what 70/100 miles max way he flew? Think more pertanant is why did pilot choose to go at night when no need to after all no game for 10 days paper work completed just didn't need to go at night during day less likely of ice which as been mentioned. ;)

I'd guess that city wanted him back the following day and he took the latest possible flight to spend more time with friends/family. Speculation of course.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:31 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I'd guess that city wanted him back the following day and he took the latest possible flight to spend more time with friends/family. Speculation of course.

That understand but as it was a planned journey using private plane no reason to go at night surely? Like said no hurry next game 10 days away paper work completed wait until next day would not have mattered to city.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:01 pm

The plane so far not been found any idea where it is and where the two people are. I cant get my head around this.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:05 pm

We should have sorted a private jet for our new signing rather than the offer of getting him to paris to get on a flight.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:08 pm

montyblue wrote:We should have sorted a private jet for our new signing rather than the offer of getting him to paris to get on a flight.

To be fair to our club - They offered to get him here,but the agent or 3rd party decided otherwise .

Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:15 pm

Many Swansea fan are wanting to pay our own respects
for this horrific tragedy which unites all of football as one.[/quote]Diolch yn fast / thank you for your kind words. :bluebird:

Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:15 pm

There had been speculation around Sala's decision to take the small Piper Malibu plane to Cardiff, with some reports suggesting the flight had been organised by the club, but Dalman says they had wanted the 28-year-old to travel to Paris before boarding a commercial flight to the Welsh capital.

"We have looked into this quite thoroughly and it's evident that Cardiff took the responsibility to offer the player arrangements, which would have been commercial flights, which would have meant getting the train from Nantes to Paris and then Paris to Heathrow and driving up," he told Sky Sports News.

"And the player's reaction to that was that he wanted to make his own arrangements, which would've been much quicker. We will continue to collect data to try to understand exactly what happened at this end.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:16 pm

Emiliano Sala: little hope player and pilot are alive, say rescuers
Police to decide on Thursday whether to keep searching, as pilot named as Dave Ibbotson

Emiliano Sala: Cardiff City's new striker who was on missing plane – video report
Rescuers fear there is very little hope of finding the footballer Emiliano Sala and an experienced pilot alive after their light aircraft went missing over the Channel Islands.

The search for the new Cardiff City striker Sala and the pilot, who was named as Dave Ibbotson, from Lincolnshire, was postponed as darkness fell on Guernsey on Wednesday. A decision on whether to resume the search would be made early on Thursday, police said. It is understood a French navy vessel was directed to the area to assist.

Earlier on Wednesday, Guernsey police had raised hopes by saying searchers were focusing on the possibility that the pair had made it into a life raft. But some of those involved in the rescue said that even if this was the case, there was little chance they would have survived since Monday night in cold, choppy conditions.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:43 pm

TOP CAT CCFC
This is what i was reffering to and why i said we should have flown him in on a private jet frim nantes, not asking him to board a train to paris and get on a commercial flight.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:49 pm

montyblue wrote:TOP CAT CCFC
This is what i was reffering to and why i said we should have flown him in on a private jet frim nantes, not asking him to board a train to paris and get on a commercial flight.

Got you Monty - i have re read your post. Get our club to meet or sort out a better way than was done .

Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:33 pm

TOPCAT CCFC
we pay 15 million on a striker and instead of flying him in on a private jet from nantes, we ask him to board a train from nantes to paris ,then get on a bog standard flight from paris to heathrow, then from Heathrow to Cardiff in a taxi ,what a long winded way to get to cardiff, its no wonder he tried what he thought was the quickest way to get to Cardiff which was direct from nantes in a plane which is what we should have provided in the first place.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:37 pm

montyblue wrote:TOPCAT CCFC
we pay 15 million on a striker and instead of flying him in on a private jet from nantes, we ask him to board a train from nantes to paris ,then get on a bog standard flight from paris to heathrow, then from Heathrow to Cardiff in a taxi ,what a long winded way to get to cardiff, its no wonder he tried what he thought was the quickest way to get to Cardiff which was direct from nantes in a plane which is what we should have provided in the first place.

Why would we do that? There wasn’t any planes from Paris that night. He had to go via Amsterdam. Or so they said.