Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Please don’t post people’s sick messages “

Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:52 pm

Just a warning here.

Nobody wants to see the sick things a very small minority are saying right now.

Seen a few put on here over the course of the day, containing things people have said on Facebook and Twitter etc. If I see any of them shared on here, then they’ll be deleted.

I understand why some may want to share, as they want to highlight who these sick individuals are.

But I don’t want to see them on here, and don’t think most do.

I don’t feel I could happily hold the responsibility of being a moderator on here, if I didn’t do anything about those sorts of posts.

Hope everyone understands why I feel like this.

Re: “ Please don’t post people’s sick messages “

Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:00 am

feel exactly the same mate.

the vast majority of fans from all clubs empathise so why tarnish that by giving a very small minority of idiots oxygen.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:21 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Just a warning here.

Seen a few put on here over the course of the day, containing things people have said on Facebook and Twitter etc. If I see any of them shared on here, then they’ll be deleted.

I understand why some may want to share, as they want to highlight who these sick individuals are.

I don’t feel I could happily hold the responsibility of being a moderator on here, if I didn’t do anything about those sorts of posts.

Perhaps you should also remove the"rumour" posts regarding this very sensitive subject? Like the one doing the rounds about his last messages,this should not be put up,until they have found the plane & both pilot,and emiliano,I know we cannot stop the media speculating (sells papers :banghead: )but we could at least show some dignity, and just post supportive posts? Maybe it's just me,but it leaves a bitter taste hearing these"stories" being aired,when the victims are still missing,rant over. :sad7: :sad7: :sad7:

Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:42 am

I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to, because I haven't seen anything like that, but of course you're quite right that you have an important duty now to make sure that nothing inappropriate or disrespectful appears here at the moment.
Everyone appreciates your efforts in this , since it is an additional responsibility which has fallen to you when I expect you're feeling as strangely numbed and sad as everyone else .
:clap:

Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:01 am

A lot of sick and unthinking comments on several threads today and people should really consider what they are posting (whether it's your own views/comments or those of other people) :(

Think of the people involved in this now looking increasingly tragic event and stop trawling Facebook and Twitter looking for anything outrageous. We know it's there; but does it really have to be here too? :cry:

Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:39 am

Absolutely correct! Well said.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:19 am

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Particularly in relation to Twitter Facebook etc.
However, I do think that someone on here e.g the moderators should consider passing on the vile racist comments made on the Milwall fan forum to the police.