Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Updated: “ Police have made a detailed Statement on Sala “

Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:00 am

Police say:

Missing plane: Police prioritise theory Emiliano Sala and pilot used life raft

By David Mercer,Sky news reporter

Wednesday 23 January 2019

Police searching for the missing plane carrying footballer Emiliano Sala and a pilot are working on the theory that they made it on to a life raft.

That, for me is quite a detailed statement.. There has to be some logic behind it otherwise they wouldn’t have issues it.. All talk about Sala says he’s a fighter and determined, yes all the elements are against them and highly unlikely but it’s still possible they are fighting :ayatollah:

A new Guernsey Police update

Guernsey Police

They write:

“There are currently three planes and one helicopter in the air.
“We are also reviewing satellite imagery and mobile phone data to see if they can be of any assistance in the search.
“So far today nothing spotted can be attributed to the missing plane.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Police have made a detailed Statement on Sala

Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:02 am

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Police have made a detailed Statement on Sala “

Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:09 am

Emiliano is described as a fighter and this news gives me hope so lets hope they find them soon and we can all see him in a City shirt :bluebird:

Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:15 am

Lets hope our warrior is found even if clinging to life, found and reunited with his loved ones, football is just a sport when something like this takes hold. We are praying for you Emiliano :bluescarf:

Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:19 am

That statement has almost filled me with a sense of hope that I know deep down is probably misplaced. This whole thing makes me feel so damn sick and angry.

All that said, fingers crossed he is found, and that the closure we all desperately want for this is positive, and not heartbreaking.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:20 am

Charlie Harper wrote:Emiliano is described as a fighter and this news gives me hope so lets hope they find them soon and we can all see him in a City shirt :bluebird:

Even if he is found alive... its going to be a fair while before we even consider seeing him in a city shirt...
mental recovery needed for something like this could take months.

most important thing is that he is found safe and well :bluebird:

Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:22 am

Didn't they say they saw two red flares yesterday? But when checking found nothing.

I guess it all adds up. There is hope.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:24 am

AJ1927 wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:Emiliano is described as a fighter and this news gives me hope so lets hope they find them soon and we can all see him in a City shirt :bluebird:

Even if he is found alive... its going to be a fair while before we even consider seeing him in a city shirt...
mental recovery needed for something like this could take months.

most important thing is that he is found safe and well :bluebird:

Absolutely, I don't care if he ever plays for us as I just hope he is alive and makes a 100% recovery.

Sometimes football means little because life is more important :bluebird:

Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:28 am

Agree, right now not worried if he never puts a city shirt on, just to be found alive would be amazing, the things films are made of. I recall many years ago rescuing 2 Indonesian fishermen clinging to a piece of wreckage from a boat that had sunk in a storm. They had been clinging onto it for 6 days and survived. This gives me slight hope.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:38 am

It’s good news that they have some positive search peramiters, fingers crossed there’s a positive outcome today

Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:37 am

Police say:

Missing plane: Police prioritise theory Emiliano Sala and pilot used life raft

The search resumes for Cardiff City's £18m new signing and a pilot after the plane they were on disappeared over the Channel.

By David Mercer,Sky news reporter

Wednesday 23 January 2019

Emiliano Sala

The search for the plane carrying Emiliano Sala resumed on Wednesday

Police searching for the missing plane carrying footballer Emiliano Sala and a pilot are working on the theory that they made it on to a life raft.

The aircraft that the new Cardiff City striker was travelling on disappeared from radars over the English Channel during a flight from Nantes in western France.

Guernsey Police said it was looking at four possibilities for the fate of the plane - including that it landed on water, with Sala and the pilot making it onto a life raft known to be on board.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:43 am

Why oh why......... There's a lot in this FATE thing ... So so sad. :(

Re: Updated: “ Police have made a detailed Statement on Sala

Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:59 am

A new Guernsey Police update

Guernsey Police

They write:

“There are currently three planes and one helicopter in the air.
“We are also reviewing satellite imagery and mobile phone data to see if they can be of any assistance in the search.
“So far today nothing spotted can be attributed to the missing plane.”

Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:43 pm

On the Federal Aviation Administration website, the aircraft is described as a “fixed wing single-engine plane”.

Its registered owner is “Southern Aircraft Consultancy inc Trustee”, based in Norfolk. Its manufacture year was 1984.

The plane’s model is PA-46-310P. It has the capacity for one pilot and five passengers.

Questions are being asked about the suitability of a plane of that type to make that journey. An Argentinian aeronautical expert, Commander Jorge Polanco, telling Argentinian network TyC Sports he was “surprised”.

But the Civil Aviation Authority said there is “nothing preventing a single engine aircraft flying commercially at night”.

The Piper Malibu N264DB which Emiliano Sala was on board when it disappeared

Air accident investigators confirm plane Emiliano Sala and pilot were travelling on

The UK’s Air Accidents Investigation Branch said in a statement:

“On Monday night, a US-registered Piper PA-46-310P Malibu aircraft (registration N264DB) was lost from radar north of Guernsey.
“The aircraft was en route from Nantes, France, to Cardiff, United Kingdom, with one pilot and one passenger on board.
“In accordance with international protocols, the AAIB is investigating the loss of the aircraft.
“Since Tuesday morning, we have been working closely with international authorities including the US National Transportation Safety Board, the Bureau d’Enquetes & d’Analyses (BEA) in France and the Junta de Investigacion de Accidentes de Aviacion Civil (JIACC) in Argentina.
“We will be gathering all the available evidence to conduct a thorough investigation. However, if the aircraft is not found it is likely to limit the scope of the investigation.”

Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:45 pm

The exact plane Emiliano Sala was flying on when it disappeared between Nantes and Cardiff