Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHY NOT A JET

Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:42 am

Why was Emiliano not on a standard executive jet that he flew on to do his medical
- who put him on a 2 seater propeller plane ?

don't understand why is was not on a commercial available jet - he cost £18million pound the biggest asset Cardiff City have and he is on a 2 bob bit plane - who is responsible for this - Is the Agent / City or Nantes someone must know this

private jets are available within 6 -12 hours notice why was he is not put on one

Re: WHY NOT A JET

Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:44 am

Club have already announced that they did not arrange travel as the offer was declined

Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:45 am

He apparently sorted his own flight, Cardiff have Already stated they did not arrange transport. Dalman is in France trying to sort what had happened.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:46 am

It seems strange someone who did not like flying would go on this plane

Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:46 am

aberdare425 wrote:Why was Emiliano not on a standard executive jet that he flew on to do his medical

don't understand why is was not on a commercial available jet - he cost £18million pound the biggest asset Cardiff City have and he is on a 2 bob bit plane - who is responsible for this - Is the Agent / City or Nantes someone must know this

private jets are available within 6 -12 hours notice why was he is not put on one

Nothing to do with City !!!

Dalman has said, we offered it wasn't taken up.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:34 pm

It’s being reported that the plane was his agent’s.

Willie McKay’s Piper PA-46 Malibu aircraft
According to the Times, the aircraft used by Cardiff’s new signing Emiliano Sala was owned by Scottish football agent Willie McKay:

Sala was travelling in a Piper PA-46 Malibu aircraft, a single-engine, six-seat plane, with the pilot the only other passenger on board as he made the journey back to Cardiff on Monday evening after returning to Nantes to say goodbye to his former team-mates.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:02 pm

Thousands of these aircraft fly around the world every day.

It’s like using a normal car instead of a limo or coach.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:16 pm

maccydee wrote:Thousands of these aircraft fly around the world every day.

Exactly and plenty of jets have went down over the years. Payne Stewart the golfer died on a Lear jet.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:40 pm

Yes and considering it was only 500miles distance it would be routine use of such aircraft. What's strange is why fly at night when no urgent need to?

Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:45 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Yes and considering it was only 500miles distance it would be routine use of such aircraft. What's strange is why fly at night when no urgent need to?

Lots of question to be answered mate.

It does seem to look like alternative transport was arranged for the player, it will all come out eventually. The only thing I can add was that a supposed aviation expert stated yday that its unusual to fly a single engine plane over water, whether or not that's true I don't know.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:06 pm

RV Casual wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

It does seem to look like alternative transport was arranged for the player, it will all come out eventually. The only thing I can add was that a supposed aviation expert stated yday that its unusual to fly a single engine plane over water, whether or not that's true I don't know.

Definitely not brilliant but it does happen.

Harriers for example used to be flown over water even though a single engine aircraft but not allowed to fly low level over London.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:07 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

To get him back for training the next day I suppose. I wonder if this was a trip organised just by Sala to say a proper goodbye? Pick up some bits? Pick up dog?

Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:08 pm

aberdare425 wrote:Why was Emiliano not on a standard executive jet that he flew on to do his medical

I personally think heads are going to roll over this when indeed it comes out. Cost cutting or making a quick buck from it.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:21 pm

maccydee wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Harriers for example used to be flown over water even though a single engine aircraft but not allowed to fly low level over London.

Yeah you're right, only had a quick look but what I read seems to say it's basicly down to the individual and what level of risk their willing to take. I suppose with a single engine jet if it was going down over land they could glide in and have a better chance, there was one in the news mot that long ago, mot sure if it's the same type of plane but the pilot put it down on a beach/shallow water down Swansea way

Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:37 pm

By MARTIN ROBINSON, CHIEF REPORTER FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 14:04, 23 January 2019 | UPDATED: 15:21, 23 January 2019

Scottish mega-agent Willie McKay has made millions helping top French stars move to England's top leagues

His son is said to have helped broker Emiliano Sala's big money move to the UK and his flight to Cardiff

Chief of sea search John Fitzgerald reveals 'hope' is gone and operation is recovery, not a hunt for survivors
Victoria's Secret star Berenice Schkair, 27, blamed 'football mafia' and said: 'I can't believe this is an accident'
WhatsApp audio note has emerged of 'scared' Premier League striker speaking from doomed flight
From aircraft Sala told a group of close friends: 'I am now aboard a plane that seems like it is falling to pieces'
He later said he was 'getting scared' and told them to send someone to find him if they didn't hear from him

Sala and his pilot disappeared at 8.30pm on Monday in the Piper Malibu near Alderney in the Channel Islands
Cardiff City's chairman revealed their new star turned down their offer of a commercial flight to Wales

Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:42 pm

The pilot of the missing private plane chartered by a top football agent and containing Cardiff striker Emiliano Sala told a friend he was 'a bit rusty' with the equipment just hours before the doomed flight, it emerged today.

British pilot David Ibbotson, 60, checked into Nantes Atlantique Airport shortly before take-off before admitting to a friend on Facebook he was 'rusty' with the plane's landing system.

The plane was chartered by the family of one of Britain's top agents who had a hand in the £15million deal, it was also revealed today.

Scottish-born Willie McKay, who lives in Monaco, is not Sala's representative but his son Mark is said to have helped with brokering the transfer between Cardiff and Nantes as well as his flight from France to Wales.

Mr McKay Sr is one of Britain's best known football agents and has made millions helping top French stars move to England's top leagues as well as managing Premier League stars including Joey Barton.

His son Mark has also been involved in a number of high-profile transfers including Dimitri Payet's £10.7million move to West Ham.

The privately-owned Piper Malibu aircraft, registered to a company in Norfolk, appears to have crashed into the sea near Alderney on Monday night with rescuers today revealing there is 'no hope' of survival.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:52 pm

Exactly. I wish people would stop going on a witch hunt. It doesn't help anything.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:07 pm

nubbsy wrote:

Exactly. I wish people would stop going on a witch hunt. It doesn't help anything.

Don't think of it as a witch hunt mate, more like people asking genuine questions which seem to be fair enough to me based on what's coming out in the media, people just want to understand, that's my view anyway? There is no one to blame, nobody put a gun to his head and forced him to board, it's just a tragic accident.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:19 pm

maccydee wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Yeah, well in fairness Harriers have ejector seats and parachutes plus the occupants are trained in survival and in possession of flares, handguns, floatation devices, sat nav tracking etc etc etc. It's also understood that military flying is a bit more risky than civilian transport.
I wouldn't personally get on a single engined light aircraft but, as you so rightly say, it's very commonly done.
I'm the last one to suggest more regulations, but perhaps this is something which should be looked at.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:00 pm

RV Casual wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

It's not true one engine planes smaller than used fly regularly from haverfordwest airport to Ireland that's a distance of 70 odd miles no more than channel route taken, i go there weekly and have chatted to pilots. It's the time thats strange to Me. :?

Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:31 pm

The plane that crashed is the one which took him from Cardiff on Friday,it was able to stay in Nantes until Monday,to bring him back

Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:05 pm

PEMBROKE ALLAN. There' s a bit of a difference flying in a light aircraft to ireland from wales 70 miles, nantes to cardiff was over 500 miles. Plus he should have been flown in on a private jet from us rather than asking him to catch a train from nantes to paris and a flight from paris to Heathrow a s from heathrow to cardiff a bit of a long winded journey to get to cardiff.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:20 pm

montyblue wrote:PEMBROKE ALLAN. There' s a bit of a difference flying in a light aircraft to ireland from wales 70 miles, nantes to cardiff was over 500 miles. Plus he should have been flown in on a private jet from us rather than asking him to catch a train from nantes to paris and a flight from paris to Heathrow a s from heathrow to cardiff a bit of a long winded journey to get to cardiff.

You've missed point of answer to question? We were referring to such a plane not being used over water, made the point that smaller plane's fly just as far on routine flights to Ireland a similar distance over water! 500 miles is nothing for this plane either. As for private plane yes that really should been offered not a commercial flight but club then told arrangements would be made over there and from what dalman is saying club not happy with plan implemented and want to know why such plane was used. :thumbup:

Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:21 pm

montyblue wrote:PEMBROKE ALLAN. There' s a bit of a difference flying in a light aircraft to ireland from wales 70 miles, nantes to cardiff was over 500 miles. Plus he should have been flown in on a private jet from us rather than asking him to catch a train from nantes to paris and a flight from paris to Heathrow a s from heathrow to cardiff a bit of a long winded journey to get to cardiff.

Don’t try and blame the club there not going to fly everybody by private jet it’s not there fault.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:34 pm

No Is not! Aviation experts and pilots say the complete opposite. This was not a plane for a round trip over the sea. Yes it happens, but it dosent mean it is safe. I read a pilot who has plenty experience, saying he would never do it. Icing is a well known problem with single piston planes and why they are shaking their heads.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:13 pm

LLAN BLUE
Not trying to blame anyone just stating a fact that it was a long winded way to get from a to b, as regardsars flying everbody by private jet i agree we would' nt be doing that fir everbody but our record signing of 15 million might be an aception especially when he was due on the tranning ground in the ne t morning fresh.