Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The touching 70ft banner being made for Cardiff City striker

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:36 pm

The touching 70ft banner being made for Cardiff City striker Emiliano Sala

A group of Cardiff fans are having this 70FT banner made :bluebird:

A 70ft banner is being made in support of Cardiff City striker Emiliano Sala who went missing on Monday night.

The Argentine was on board an aircraft that disappeared from radar detection during a flight from Nantes to Cardiff.

And Euroflag - who make flags and banners for football fans - have created a touching design in honour of Sala, who is yet to be found.

The message on the banner reads: "We never saw you play and never saw you score, but Emiliano our beautiful Bluebird we will love you forever more."

The design also features the flags of both Wales and Argentina along with two Bluebirds.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: The touching 70ft banner being made for Cardiff City str

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The touching 70ft banner being made for Cardiff City striker Emiliano Sala

A 70ft banner is being made in support of Cardiff City striker Emiliano Sala who went missing on Monday night.

The Argentine was on board an aircraft that disappeared from radar detection during a flight from Nantes to Cardiff.

And Euroflag - who make flags and banners for football fans - have created a touching design in honour of Sala, who is yet to be found.

The message on the banner reads: "We never saw you play and never saw you score, but Emiliano our beautiful Bluebird we will love you forever more."

The design also features the flags of both Wales and Argentina along with two Bluebirds.

Annis that is so sad yet so wonderful.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:48 pm

:bluescarf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:52 pm

They should make it to permanently be in the stadium where all fans can see it on match days. Around the second tier maybe?

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:56 pm

Great words :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:57 pm

Dahboy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:The touching 70ft banner being made for Cardiff City striker Emiliano Sala

Annis that is so sad yet so wonderful.

Totally agree :bluebird:

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:58 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Great words :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Indeed :bluebird:

Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:18 pm

I've got tears in my eyes reading it, so tragic and such a loss, beautiful words :cry:

Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:24 pm

Bloody hell that hits the spot :(

Well done whoever involved.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:28 pm

Very sad, but great words.

Well done to whoever organised this. Perfect wording.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:38 pm

The more I hear and read about ES, the sadder I feel that this tragedy has happened. It sounds like, he would have become a huge City hero because of his nature off the pitch and his hard work and fighting spirit on it. Hopefully, he would have scored goals for us, but if he didn’t score that many, his total commitment to the team, would have made him the legend, he so deserves.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:43 pm

noisycat wrote:The more I hear and read about ES, the sadder I feel that this tragedy has happened. It sounds like, he would have become a huge City hero because of his nature off the pitch and his hard work and fighting spirit on it. Hopefully, he would have scored goals for us, but if he didn’t score that many, his total commitment to the team, would have made him the legend, he so deserves.

My sentiments exactly :bluebird:

Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:45 pm

No words, just tears.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:17 pm

Flag spokesman:

Quick update on the large flag - it all arrive tomorrow and we may ask the club to use it as a flag of condolence and allow people to write personal messages on it?

Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:24 pm

I have supported the Bluebirds for over 50 years and have been incredibly moved by the shining light that is Emiliano Sala. The banner is a wonderful tribute to a special young man :bluebird:

Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:29 pm

Fantastic tribute. Great idea to put it down the stadium for fans to write tributes :bluescarf:

Also I think there should be a pre-season friendly between Cardiff and Nantes every year(in Cardiff 1st en Nantes year layer) in memory of sala where the money raised from the gate goes to a charity he or his family r passionate about helping

Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:39 pm

aberdare-blue wrote:Fantastic tribute. Great idea to put it down the stadium for fans to write tributes :bluescarf:

Also I think there should be a pre-season friendly between Cardiff and Nantes every year(in Cardiff 1st en Nantes year layer) in memory of sala where the money raised from the gate goes to a charity he or his family r passionate about helping

Totally agree with the pre season match fantastic idea

Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:07 pm

aberdare-blue wrote:Fantastic tribute. Great idea to put it down the stadium for fans to write tributes :bluescarf:

I like that idea :bluescarf:

Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:22 pm

Good call !

Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:13 pm

Is it possible that we could get the club to make this a permanent feature inside the stadium? At least for the remainder of the season? The gap between the back of the stands and the roof is big enough and maybe even the gap for the vehicle access bay between the canton and Ninian stands would be suitable.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:20 pm

With you 100% that we should do something with Nantes such as a pre-season friendly, but in the circumstances it would be better at Nantes, would not feel appropriate asking them to come to us.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:24 pm

Had a lump in my throat reading that.
Thinking of him, the pilot, Cardiff City football club and all you fans.
If there’s one thing that stands out for me when it comes to Cardiff fans, you do all pull together. And it shows once again.

Thoughts with you all.
A Jack

Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:35 pm

The banner is great and a wonderful idea. A permanent memorial at our ground would be good also. I’ve have no doubt a game between us and Nantes will come about after this, it should probably be over there as that’s where he has played most of the time. Still cannot believe it.....

Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:35 pm

jackarmy1 wrote:Had a lump in my throat reading that.
Thinking of him, the pilot, Cardiff City football club and all you fans.
If there’s one thing that stands out for me when it comes to Cardiff fans, you do all pull together. And it shows once again.

Thoughts with you all.
A Jack

cheers mate, all supportive messages are really appreciated.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:00 pm

Thinking about getting this ready for Arsenal away

Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:20 pm

Blanblue wrote:Thinking about getting this ready for Arsenal away

Change blue to bluebird :bluescarf:

Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:48 pm

Annis do you know when the banner will be there and where is it going?

Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Flag spokesman:

Quick update on the large flag - it all arrive tomorrow and we may ask the club to use it as a flag of condolence and allow people to write personal messages on it?

Not sure about everyone signing it but Id love to see it placed somewhere in the stadium permanantley

Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:06 pm

d20 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Flag spokesman:

Not sure about everyone signing it but Id love to see it placed somewhere in the stadium permanantley

That's what I would like too :bluebird: