Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Just a suggestion... an invite maybe ..

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:45 pm

We could invite 50 or so Nantes fans to our stadium at our next home game to show them what team Sala would have been playing for, and to show respect we had for him from both sets of fans, although none of us got to know him it feels as if he has been with us for a while. Then also maybe a friendly with Nantes at the end of the season could take place.
Let’s not also forget the families and pilot in this tragedy.

Re: Just a suggestion... an invite maybe ..

Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:19 pm

I know it's not our fault and looks like a complete accident but do you think Nantes and its people will really want to have anything to do with us?

If a Club persued our prized asset for months then he left but tragically died on the way to his new Club would you really want to go there to see where he was 'going to play'? Think about it?

They probably wish we never existed. I think we should just let Nantes and their fans remember Sala in whatever way they feel is appropriate and pay our respects in a quiet, dignified way which is what the Club are doing at the minute.

It's just my opinion though, I have personally found some of the comments a bit distasteful on here in the last day or so if I'm honest (not this one by the way and not having a go at you). The reaction from the majority has been spot on but a few have gone overboard.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:34 pm

We don't want to depress them further by giving them the misfortune of watching us play

Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:27 pm

I think at some time in the future inviting his parents might be appropriate. But not for a while.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:18 pm

Well, this is for much later, but I think a Testimonial with proceeds to his family would be in order .

Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:22 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Well, this is for much later, but I think a Testimonial with proceeds to his family would be in order .

this.

although in this day and age i'm sure a lump sum will be due to his family if our worst fears are confirmed.