Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Maja gone to Bordeaux we were linked

Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:49 pm

It's very difficult to start threads about transfers and I honestly do not mean to offend anyone or disrespect Emiliano in any way..I am still clinging to the hope of a miracle.
We have however been linked to the talented striker Maja at Sunderland but hearing news now that he has opted to go to France .
It is going to be tough for our club now in regards to transfer dealings without them looking insensitive but I think they are still going to try to do business in this window but it's going to need sensitivity.
I think the plan was to get a full back and midfielder but given the circumstances do you think the club will look at another striker ...it is a very difficult and emotional situation in which to continue to do business
It's been heart breaking seeing and hearing the news this week and now we also know the pilots name we can see another family who will be griefstriken

Re: Maja gone to Bordeaux we were linked

Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:58 pm

Yeah it's such a difficult thing to navigate. We needed players after signing Sala though so in that sense still need too.

Can't imagine there's much enthusiasm for that mind. Maja would have been a very good signing imo for what its worth

Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:20 pm

As hard as it is, that’s life, it moves forward, and whilst people will feel that they shouldn’t discuss signings, they will and it will become normal.

No shame in that

Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:07 pm

It is a very very difficult situation...the club have been courteous in the way they have responded....however Cardiff city is a multi million pound business and they have duitiesto may to try and keep the club running ...and given the limitations over time with the transfer window.. they will undoubtedly continue to try and do their business whilst maintaining a fair amount of decorum...

I am still in shock over this tragic situation....but if Cardiff continue with the rhetoric they have done so far...but quietly continue their business..I am sure people will understand.....I think this tragic episode will live with many for a long time to come.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:55 pm

Im truly gutted. Was over the moon sala signing and couldnt wait for him to get going. So sad but the show must go on. If a miracle dosent happen we need a top quality striker and a right back and midfielder. Maybe the club can be given an extension in the transfer window given the circumstances???

Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:56 pm

kimble wrote:It is a very very difficult situation...the club have been courteous in the way they have responded....however Cardiff city is a multi million pound business and they have duitiesto may to try and keep the club running ...and given the limitations over time with the transfer window.. they will undoubtedly continue to try and do their business whilst maintaining a fair amount of decorum...

I am still in shock over this tragic situation....but if Cardiff continue with the rhetoric they have done so far...but quietly continue their business..I am sure people will understand.....I think this tragic episode will live with many for a long time to come.

That's quite right. We help no one by not attending to business during a crisis. If I were in charge I'd appoint a competent team to work away even now , without senior management being directly involved but having oversight, sign players but not make the announcements until the window closes.
We must respect Emiliano but the time limits still apply to us. If we could save him by sending all our best players to Swansea on free transfers then I'd do it without hesitation, but of course we can't . I hope this comment doesn't upset anyone because I promise that I'm surprisingly effected most deeply by our little brother's fate.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:24 pm

RHIWEBBWBLUEBIRD
I am sure cardiff will get an extension in the transfer window how could anybody expect us to do any buisness at this time, and i would not exspect any prem club to complain, but i do have my doubts about the english f.a. after the derby affair. This awful news is just like the gary speed episode total shock and such a difficult job to move on, but move on we will.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:25 pm

it's obviously an extremely difficult time for the club, but at the same time there's one week left in the transfer window.

we need three players (sadly a striker, centre mid, right back).

i presume maja would have been backup, so no great loss in the wider scheme of things.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:07 am

Agree it’s difficult to start topics about transfers or football in general right now.

I, myself, had intended to post the Arsenal match topic and a MOTM update yesterday, but obviously made the decision to delay that.

As for Maja, would have been a fringe player I think. Wish him well at Bordeaux.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:48 am

I have a feeling that they the club will adopt a go with what we got attitude

It will be difficult for anyone to negotiate any transfers at this moment in time

Would it be insensitive and improper for the club to bring in another striker while Sala is still missing??

It’s a no win situation for the club whatever they choose to do

Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:12 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:I have a feeling that they the club will adopt a go with what we got attitude

It will be difficult for anyone to negotiate any transfers at this moment in time

Would it be insensitive and improper for the club to bring in another striker while Sala is still missing??

i dont believe it would be.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:16 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:I have a feeling that they the club will adopt a go with what we got attitude

i very much doubt we'll be going with what we've got, because if we do we'll be going down.

at a minimum, we need a right back and centre mid. and a striker aswell - of course it's sad to be doing so but there are only days left in the window.