Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Strange question

Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:45 pm

Why has pilot originally thought to be flying the aircraft suddenly removed his Facebook profile, after denying reports that he was dead?

Re: Strange question

Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:49 pm

this all doesnt add up at all. have a feeling this was (and im sorry) staged, just seems ridiculous

Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:57 pm

BarmyArmy1927 wrote:this all doesnt add up at all. have a feeling this was (and im sorry) staged, just seems ridiculous

Unfortunately, I cannot disagree with you

Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:57 pm

Put the tin foil hats away ffs

Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:59 pm

Maybe he came off because a) he isnt missing and b) didn't want to become embroiled in a massive emotional situation such as this?

Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:59 pm

Jumanji Jim wrote:Why has pilot originally thought to be flying the aircraft suddenly removed his Facebook profile, after denying reports that he was dead?

I’d imagine that he was getting inundated with messages or comments. I’m sure I heard Mo Salah has suspended one of his accounts too because of it.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:06 pm

Tin foil hats? I'm not suggesting a conspiracy here, I just said it was strange! You would have thought that someone would have been only too happy to assist in the questions being asked, especially as French reports stated Dave Henderson had gone through French controls! As it is, there's enough of a similarity to suggest that the French got it wrong and confused it with Ibbotson, but still a strange thing for someone to take their Facebook profile down given the scenario.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:13 pm

Jumanji Jim wrote:Tin foil hats? I'm not suggesting a conspiracy here, I just said it was strange! You would have thought that someone would have been only too happy to assist in the questions being asked, especially as French reports stated Dave Henderson had gone through French controls! As it is, there's enough of a similarity to suggest that the French got it wrong and confused it with Ibbotson, but still a strange thing for someone to take their Facebook profile down given the scenario.

what exactly has being on face book have to do with helping authorities.
especially as 99% of b/s, lies and rumours in the world start of on FB

Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:26 pm

I did not mention authorities, I mentioned questions being asked - by fans of Nantes and City alike, you would think that anyone with a view on what's gone on would not try to distance themselves, but I can see the point raised above that it may have been that he did not want to become embroiled in the emotional maelstrom. I'm just saying, if it was me, I wouldn't want to appear that I was distancing myself, but hey, that's me, I can't speak for other people who may have a different view or opinion.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:06 pm

Jumanji Jim wrote:Tin foil hats? I'm not suggesting a conspiracy here, I just said it was strange! You would have thought that someone would have been only too happy to assist in the questions being asked, especially as French reports stated Dave Henderson had gone through French controls! As it is, there's enough of a similarity to suggest that the French got it wrong and confused it with Ibbotson, but still a strange thing for someone to take their Facebook profile down given the scenario.

Totally agree, I was on his Facebook page and he was receiving lots of nice comments from people saying they were glad he's alright. Quite a few comments asked him if he had any news and then later on, quite a few Argentinian's came on demanding answers.

He didn't reply to anyone, he probably got fed up with all the questions, but surely he must have realised his post would cause a reaction?

He could have at least left a comment, even if it was to say he doesn't know anything. The pilot removing his Facebook page without further comment is very disappointing.