So you want to stay in the EU?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: So you want to stay in the EU?

Postby swilsh » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:57 pm

I don’t think that people who voted to leave are morons. plenty of reasonable arguments for leaving the EU. The democratic deficit, difficulties of a two speed Europe, wanting to resist further pooling of sovereignty, believing a state should have an independent immigration policy, these are all logical arguments for choosing to leave the EU.

Leaving without a deal is not the same thing. Leaving is a barbaric act of self-harm and those claiming WTO would be better have no logic on their side. WTO terms are a terrible position to be in, and will tie our hands in any negotiations with other states in the future. The rules of Most Favoured Nation status means that we will have little to no leverage if the plums arguing for zero tariff on all imports win.

I reiterate you’re not a moron if you voted to leave. No reasonable person advocated voting for leaving with no deal during the referendum. It was supposed to be “the easiest deal in history” we were supposed to be “holding all the cards”. Arguing that no deal was what was voted for now is blatantly dishonest.

I think we should leave the EU, but there are many ways to do that which doesn’t destroy our economy for years and years to come.
swilsh
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:28 pm

Re: So you want to stay in the EU?

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: So you want to stay in the EU?

Postby dogfound » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:57 pm

Capital City Slicker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Capital City Slicker wrote:
dogfound wrote: unlike the EU we are a democracy..

Are you being serious? You cannot be that stupid to believe that :lol:


yep its dave IQ 67.

Image




quite like the little vids ,they are Dave tells too..

shall I make a list of tells { you like lists } or you just going to go back to being Dave
dogfound
 
Posts: 8222
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: So you want to stay in the EU?

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:17 pm

50 Days ....
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 16023
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: So you want to stay in the EU?

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:23 pm

"To know a man and understand where he is coming from you gotta walk a mile in his shoes." Somone like John Wayne probably once said, or at least something to that effect.

So with that in mind, I thought i'd have a crack as posting as if I were DaveIQ67. Just consider me a temp addition to his multis. So here goes...


Here is a video of The Good Guys® really giving those evil, :banghead: bigoted, :banghead: b*stard Brexit Betrayal Marcher meanies :banghead: :banghead: a bit of a stern talking to. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Thank God they got the country's back is all I can say. :thumbup: :thumbup: :laughing5: :laughing5: :lol: :lol: :lol: :occasion5: :occasion5:





Meanwhile, on the other side, those hateful, evil, :twisted: bigoted, :banghead: racist, :o misogynist, :twisted: fascist, :banghead: :banghead: islamophobic pigs :x :x :x were being whipped up into a frenzy of non-violence :banghead: and polite civil protest :shock: by that ultra far right, baby-eating b*stard Yaxley "call me Tommy" Lennon (if that is even his real name.)

Disgusting :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :o :o :o :( :( :( :banghead: :banghead:




Anyhoo, I'm just popping out for a Soy Caramel Latte with Beetroot dusting, anyone fancy one? :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing6: :wave: 8-) 8-) :thumbright:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
User avatar
ealing_ayatollah
 
Posts: 1023
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:29 pm

Re: So you want to stay in the EU?

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:24 pm

Fck me that's a scary place to go.

My advice to all those with a still function mind, never, ever go full lefty, you may never come back.

:ayatollah:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
User avatar
ealing_ayatollah
 
Posts: 1023
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:29 pm

Re: So you want to stay in the EU?

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:02 pm

Capital City Slicker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Capital City Slicker wrote:Twisting Tusk's words, the BBC is purely a shill for this shambolic Tory government these days :banghead:




Didn't twist fact he said those words though did they? The stupidity of the man is underlined by fact he basically said the people (JOE PUBLIC) didn't have a plan when voted out mmm the plan was to get out of EU how do it is up to politicians we elect to sort out. :thumbup:


Voting for something which there wasn't a plan for :lol: Voting to make future generations poorer and giving them less opportunities :laughing5: Imagine wanting to f**k over your kids like that. They'll hate you, if you have any, in years to come :thumbright:

Still Cardiff voted overwhelmingly to remain, it's a shame the troglodytes in the valleys and provincial towns which brought us down :banghead:




Hmmmm your highly intelligent so you think! It was a simple vote stay or go planning wasn't an option for anyone even you! As for valleys voting out who gets biggest benefit from EU valleys or Cardiff? Yes it's the valleys so if they wanted out it must say something about the EU for that to happen, as for voters of Cardiff wouldn't boast about it as there're
Casting vote decided to have the gravy train that is the assembly
Ps wonder why you ignored the point that tusk said what he did ? Very roathy trait :laughing6:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 16870
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: So you want to stay in the EU?

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:13 pm

Capital City Slicker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Capital City Slicker wrote:Twisting Tusk's words, the BBC is purely a shill for this shambolic Tory government these days :banghead:




Didn't twist fact he said those words though did they? The stupidity of the man is underlined by fact he basically said the people (JOE PUBLIC) didn't have a plan when voted out mmm the plan was to get out of EU how do it is up to politicians we elect to sort out. :thumbup:


Voting for something which there wasn't a plan for :lol: Voting to make future generations poorer and giving them less opportunities :laughing5: Imagine wanting to f**k over your kids like that. They'll hate you, if you have any, in years to come :thumbright:

Still Cardiff voted overwhelmingly to remain, it's a shame the troglodytes in the valleys and provincial towns which brought us down :banghead:



You are a fckin ++++ being derogatory about someone you know fck all about? this is a forum for opinions yours are about as good as tusks which says a lot :sleepy2:
And have 2 kids my daughter is a bio medical scientist who voted out so suggest she's bit more intelligent than your 1 brain cell mind :thumbup:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 16870
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: So you want to stay in the EU?

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:21 pm

swilsh wrote:I don’t think that people who voted to leave are morons. plenty of reasonable arguments for leaving the EU. The democratic deficit, difficulties of a two speed Europe, wanting to resist further pooling of sovereignty, believing a state should have an independent immigration policy, these are all logical arguments for choosing to leave the EU.

Leaving without a deal is not the same thing. Leaving is a barbaric act of self-harm and those claiming WTO would be better have no logic on their side. WTO terms are a terrible position to be in, and will tie our hands in any negotiations with other states in the future. The rules of Most Favoured Nation status means that we will have little to no leverage if the plums arguing for zero tariff on all imports win.

I reiterate you’re not a moron if you voted to leave. No reasonable person advocated voting for leaving with no deal during the referendum. It was supposed to be “the easiest deal in history” we were supposed to be “holding all the cards”. Arguing that no deal was what was voted for now is blatantly dishonest.

I think we should leave the EU, but there are many ways to do that which doesn’t destroy our economy for years and years to come.

Articulate, reasoned and non combative without a smilie in sight. How discussion and debate should be done.

What I would counter with is that whilst I agree the choice for no deal wasnt an option in the vote - it was a binary choice of leave or remain, a combination of inept negotiation on our side and a stubborn refusal to make any concessions on the side of the EU has left us with what is increasingly likely to be another binary choice Brexit in name only or WTO terms.

Giving the increasing fragility of the EU, I believe we are better off with the latter option.

Remember under WTO we are still able to make regional trade agreements (I.e reciprocal trade agreements with two or more partners) and as the 6th largest economy in the world it is fair to assume that other nations would be open fo such discussions.

The way I see it, which admittedly is by no means a comprehensive understanding, is that WTO gives us a path to establishing a far more favourable economic position in the long term than being committed to a failing economic block like the EU which is crumbling under it's own arrogance.

The French, Italian and German economies are simply not strong enough to sustain the EU indefinitely and other than some of the nordic nations, Belgium, Netherlands and maybe a couple of others (Austria perhaps though I'm not sure) most other members are taking more than they put in.

It's a failed project that is rapidly evolving into a federal Europe in order to try and gain some modicum of control over it's out of control spending but the nature of it doing relies on condensing the many rich and proud national identities across the region into one homogenous whole - which the people of Europe simply will never allow to happen.

Italy, Hungary, Poland, Greece will all not be to far behind us in leaving for this very reason.

We're better off out of it and standing on our own two feet and building a fresh under WTO even if the in the short term it may seem like the hard road to take.

Just my opinion on it though and thanks again for the civil post.
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
User avatar
ealing_ayatollah
 
Posts: 1023
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:29 pm

Re: So you want to stay in the EU?

Postby dogfound » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:25 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Capital City Slicker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Capital City Slicker wrote:Twisting Tusk's words, the BBC is purely a shill for this shambolic Tory government these days :banghead:




Didn't twist fact he said those words though did they? The stupidity of the man is underlined by fact he basically said the people (JOE PUBLIC) didn't have a plan when voted out mmm the plan was to get out of EU how do it is up to politicians we elect to sort out. :thumbup:


Voting for something which there wasn't a plan for :lol: Voting to make future generations poorer and giving them less opportunities :laughing5: Imagine wanting to f**k over your kids like that. They'll hate you, if you have any, in years to come :thumbright:

Still Cardiff voted overwhelmingly to remain, it's a shame the troglodytes in the valleys and provincial towns which brought us down :banghead:




Hmmmm your highly intelligent so you think! It was a simple vote stay or go planning wasn't an option for anyone even you! As for valleys voting out who gets biggest benefit from EU valleys or Cardiff? Yes it's the valleys so if they wanted out it must say something about the EU for that to happen, as for voters of Cardiff wouldn't boast about it as there're
Casting vote decided to have the gravy train that is the assembly
Ps wonder why you ignored the point that tusk said what he did ? Very roathy trait :laughing6:



its defo a multi but I don't think Roath.
Dave IQ67 normally can not resist these threads and does love those little cartoon clips but is nowhere and, to cap it ol , city slicker who you can rely on posting a few ...well said Dave. or hear, hear Dave is also not on the thread ???

its a mystery I tell ya
dogfound
 
Posts: 8222
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: So you want to stay in the EU?

Postby rhblue » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:38 am

No one can predict what’s going to happen after 29 March so don’t start saying we going to be poor :lol:

the EU want us to have a bad deal and make a laughing stock out of us so Germany and France don’t leave because once there gone the EU will crumble

The EU started out as a trade deal and look at it now dictated by Brussels

They need us more than we need them :old:

5th biggest economy in the world :old:
rhblue
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:03 pm

Re: So you want to stay in the EU?

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:50 am

dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Capital City Slicker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Capital City Slicker wrote:Twisting Tusk's words, the BBC is purely a shill for this shambolic Tory government these days :banghead:




Didn't twist fact he said those words though did they? The stupidity of the man is underlined by fact he basically said the people (JOE PUBLIC) didn't have a plan when voted out mmm the plan was to get out of EU how do it is up to politicians we elect to sort out. :thumbup:


Voting for something which there wasn't a plan for :lol: Voting to make future generations poorer and giving them less opportunities :laughing5: Imagine wanting to f**k over your kids like that. They'll hate you, if you have any, in years to come :thumbright:

Still Cardiff voted overwhelmingly to remain, it's a shame the troglodytes in the valleys and provincial towns which brought us down :banghead:




Hmmmm your highly intelligent so you think! It was a simple vote stay or go planning wasn't an option for anyone even you! As for valleys voting out who gets biggest benefit from EU valleys or Cardiff? Yes it's the valleys so if they wanted out it must say something about the EU for that to happen, as for voters of Cardiff wouldn't boast about it as there're
Casting vote decided to have the gravy train that is the assembly
Ps wonder why you ignored the point that tusk said what he did ? Very roathy trait :laughing6:



its defo a multi but I don't think Roath.
Dave IQ67 normally can not resist these threads and does love those little cartoon clips but is nowhere and, to cap it ol , city slicker who you can rely on posting a few ...well said Dave. or hear, hear Dave is also not on the thread ???

its a mystery I tell ya



Yes dave loved to argue black is white and white is black . Whet pissed me off is tbe derogatory comments regarding kids in the reply yo my opinion! anyway don't expect response not his style. :roll:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 16870
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: So you want to stay in the EU?

Postby captbirdseye » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:58 am

People do realise that Tusk is talking about our MPs and not the voting public?

It's actually refreshing to hear him call them out because they've had a ridiculous easy rid so far with the lack of thought and planning put into leaving.

The fact that a lot of Brexiteer MPs need to bring up the bloody war when thing aren't going well says it all really.
captbirdseye
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:08 pm

Re: So you want to stay in the EU?

Postby Jock » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:03 am

Capital City Slicker wrote:Twisting Tusk's words, the BBC is purely a shill for this shambolic Tory government these days :banghead:

The extremeLeft BBC who have actually confirmed they support remain are Tory Shills, Bwhahahahaha.Chief political analyst Kamal Ahmed sent a memo out to all his underlings saying “Brexit is rubbish” Nick Robinson said after the vote, the BBC didn’t have to be impartial. Perhaps you can tell me which BBC reporters back the Tories or Brexit. Or perhaps you should open your eyes and stop believing what Leftist Filth tell you.
Jock
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:37 pm

Re: So you want to stay in the EU?

Postby Bananas » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:11 am

Wales in a strong Europe or continually shit on by Westminster and it's corrupt cronies?? No choice, WEXIT ASAP soon as possible when this old generation of pathetic voters pop their clogs :old:

#welshandeuropean

#wexit
Bananas
 
Posts: 1280
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:18 pm

Re: So you want to stay in the EU?

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:18 am

Jock wrote:
Capital City Slicker wrote:Twisting Tusk's words, the BBC is purely a shill for this shambolic Tory government these days :banghead:

The extremeLeft BBC who have actually confirmed they support remain are Tory Shills, Bwhahahahaha.Chief political analyst Kamal Ahmed sent a memo out to all his underlings saying “Brexit is rubbish” Nick Robinson said after the vote, the BBC didn’t have to be impartial. Perhaps you can tell me which BBC reporters back the Tories or Brexit. Or perhaps you should open your eyes and stop believing what Leftist Filth tell you.


The BBC have been anti-Brexit throughout. We still have to pay for their obscene salaries, even those who do not watch it. I have read that there are ways to legally not pay the licence fee, but not sure how this is done, or whether it is actually allowed.
Steve Zodiak
 
Posts: 4726
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Re: So you want to stay in the EU?

Postby dogfound » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:37 am

Bananas wrote:Wales in a strong Europe or continually shit on by Westminster and it's corrupt cronies?? No choice, WEXIT ASAP soon as possible when this old generation of pathetic voters pop their clogs :old:

#welshandeuropean

#wexit





I take it your a descendant of a couple of forgotten about POWs from WW2. Maximillian Fritz Bananas maybe ?
dogfound
 
Posts: 8222
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: So you want to stay in the EU?

Postby cityone » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:24 am

Capital City Slicker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Capital City Slicker wrote:Twisting Tusk's words, the BBC is purely a shill for this shambolic Tory government these days :banghead:




Didn't twist fact he said those words though did they? The stupidity of the man is underlined by fact he basically said the people (JOE PUBLIC) didn't have a plan when voted out mmm the plan was to get out of EU how do it is up to politicians we elect to sort out. :thumbup:


Voting for something which there wasn't a plan for :lol: Voting to make future generations poorer and giving them less opportunities :laughing5: Imagine wanting to f**k over your kids like that. They'll hate you, if you have any, in years to come :thumbright:

Still Cardiff voted overwhelmingly to remain, it's a shame the troglodytes in the valleys and provincial towns which brought us down :banghead:



Ok then dumb arse, show me the proof that the UK will be poorer after we leave the Brussels dictatorship. :oops:
User avatar
cityone
 
Posts: 2342
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:48 pm
Location: Hawick, scottish borders

Re: So you want to stay in the EU?

Postby cityone » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:29 am

Bananas wrote:Wales in a strong Europe or continually shit on by Westminster and it's corrupt cronies?? No choice, WEXIT ASAP soon as possible when this old generation of pathetic voters pop their clogs :old:

#welshandeuropean

#wexit


Most of the younger generation i know couldn't be bothered getting off their arse (xbox, iphone) to go and vote in the referendum.
User avatar
cityone
 
Posts: 2342
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:48 pm
Location: Hawick, scottish borders

Re: So you want to stay in the EU?

Postby Jock » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:43 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Jock wrote:
Capital City Slicker wrote:Twisting Tusk's words, the BBC is purely a shill for this shambolic Tory government these days :banghead:

The extremeLeft BBC who have actually confirmed they support remain are Tory Shills, Bwhahahahaha.Chief political analyst Kamal Ahmed sent a memo out to all his underlings saying “Brexit is rubbish” Nick Robinson said after the vote, the BBC didn’t have to be impartial. Perhaps you can tell me which BBC reporters back the Tories or Brexit. Or perhaps you should open your eyes and stop believing what Leftist Filth tell you.


The BBC have been anti-Brexit throughout. We still have to pay for their obscene salaries, even those who do not watch it. I have read that there are ways to legally not pay the licence fee, but not sure how this is done, or whether it is actually allowed.

The BBC will get nothing from me. Plenty of info on line re not paying.
Jock
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:37 pm

Re: So you want to stay in the EU?

Postby captbirdseye » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:48 am

The governments own figures have anywhere between 5%-10% drop in growth. We've already lost £800 billion worth of assets that have been transfered out of the UK and that's from sectors (financial) that the treasury and taxes live off.
captbirdseye
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:08 pm

Re: So you want to stay in the EU?

Postby Jock » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:52 am

Bananas wrote:Wales in a strong Europe or continually shit on by Westminster and it's corrupt cronies?? No choice, WEXIT ASAP soon as possible when this old generation of pathetic voters pop their clogs :old:

#welshandeuropean

#wexit

So all Westminster politicians are corrupt while those in the Assembly are all honest,hardworking and sselfless ? Your like a caricature of a blinkered Welsh Nationalist. By the way, if you got your wish an independent Wales, why do you think they’d be in the EU. Does an independent Wales meet the criteria for membership? What currency would an independent Wales use and most importantly what would drive the Welsh economy?
Jock
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:37 pm

Re: So you want to stay in the EU?

Postby Jock » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:55 am

captbirdseye wrote:The governments own figures have anywhere between 5%-10% drop in growth. We've already lost £800 billion worth of assets that have been transfered out of the UK and that's from sectors (financial) that the treasury and taxes live off.

How does the UKs FDI compare with the rest of Europe? The (remainer)Governments own figures also told us a Brexit vote would immediately crash the housing market, crash the economy and cause 500-800,000 job losses.
Jock
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:37 pm

Re: So you want to stay in the EU?

Postby jon1959 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:09 pm

captbirdseye wrote:People do realise that Tusk is talking about our MPs and not the voting public?

It's actually refreshing to hear him call them out because they've had a ridiculous easy rid so far with the lack of thought and planning put into leaving.

The fact that a lot of Brexiteer MPs need to bring up the bloody war when thing aren't going well says it all really.


Exactly.

But it's easier to whip up the outrage if you pretend he was insulting 17m voters.

As a comment on Farage, Johnson, Rees-Mogg and friends it is pretty restrained and long overdue.
User avatar
jon1959
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:00 pm
Location: Sheffield - Hallamshire - out of Roath

Re: So you want to stay in the EU?

Postby captbirdseye » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:32 pm

Jock wrote:
captbirdseye wrote:The governments own figures have anywhere between 5%-10% drop in growth. We've already lost £800 billion worth of assets that have been transfered out of the UK and that's from sectors (financial) that the treasury and taxes live off.

How does the UKs FDI compare with the rest of Europe? The (remainer)Governments own figures also told us a Brexit vote would immediately crash the housing market, crash the economy and cause 500-800,000 job losses.


We haven't left yet and like most have said we don't truly know what will happend but all forecasts point a gloomy picture which people shouldn't just ignore and spout the Dunkirk spirit shite that I see being used more and more these past few months.
captbirdseye
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:08 pm

Re: So you want to stay in the EU?

Postby Jock » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:36 pm

captbirdseye wrote:
Jock wrote:
captbirdseye wrote:The governments own figures have anywhere between 5%-10% drop in growth. We've already lost £800 billion worth of assets that have been transfered out of the UK and that's from sectors (financial) that the treasury and taxes live off.

How does the UKs FDI compare with the rest of Europe? The (remainer)Governments own figures also told us a Brexit vote would immediately crash the housing market, crash the economy and cause 500-800,000 job losses.


We haven't left yet and like most have said we don't truly know what will happend but all forecasts point a gloomy picture which people shouldn't just ignore and spout the Dunkirk spirit shite that I see being used more and more these past few months.

All forecasts point to a gloomy picture......maybe stop living in an echo chamber.
Jock
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:37 pm

Re: So you want to stay in the EU?

Postby Jock » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:40 pm

jon1959 wrote:
captbirdseye wrote:People do realise that Tusk is talking about our MPs and not the voting public?

It's actually refreshing to hear him call them out because they've had a ridiculous easy rid so far with the lack of thought and planning put into leaving.

The fact that a lot of Brexiteer MPs need to bring up the bloody war when thing aren't going well says it all really.


Exactly.

But it's easier to whip up the outrage if you pretend he was insulting 17m voters.

As a comment on Farage, Johnson, Rees-Mogg and friends it is pretty restrained and long overdue.

So a comment by a Polish politician who trebled his salary when he got his EU gig was long overdue. Truth is Barnier, Junkers, Verhostadt and Tusk despise this country and it’s people, same with Merkel and Macron but the self leathers would rather side with them.
Jock
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:37 pm

Re: So you want to stay in the EU?

Postby captbirdseye » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:52 pm

The EU will be a better organisation without us really as all we've done is shout and moan about it since joining and we've still got this horrible colonial empire idea about ourselves.

I very much doubt that the rest of Europe hate us but they must be sick of our arrogance.

The sooner we get taken down a peg and realise that this country isn't the big boy on the block anymore the better we and the rest of Europe will be.
captbirdseye
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:08 pm

Re: So you want to stay in the EU?

Postby jon1959 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:00 pm

Jock wrote:
jon1959 wrote:
captbirdseye wrote:People do realise that Tusk is talking about our MPs and not the voting public?

It's actually refreshing to hear him call them out because they've had a ridiculous easy rid so far with the lack of thought and planning put into leaving.

The fact that a lot of Brexiteer MPs need to bring up the bloody war when thing aren't going well says it all really.


Exactly.

But it's easier to whip up the outrage if you pretend he was insulting 17m voters.

As a comment on Farage, Johnson, Rees-Mogg and friends it is pretty restrained and long overdue.

So a comment by a Polish politician who trebled his salary when he got his EU gig was long overdue. Truth is Barnier, Junkers, Verhostadt and Tusk despise this country and it’s people, same with Merkel and Macron but the self leathers would rather side with them.


I'm not a 'self leather' and I'm not siding with 'them', but I do agree with Tusk's characterisation of the main Leave campaign leaders - and neither his nationality nor his salary changes that.
User avatar
jon1959
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:00 pm
Location: Sheffield - Hallamshire - out of Roath

Re: So you want to stay in the EU?

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:25 pm

captbirdseye wrote:
Jock wrote:
captbirdseye wrote:The governments own figures have anywhere between 5%-10% drop in growth. We've already lost £800 billion worth of assets that have been transfered out of the UK and that's from sectors (financial) that the treasury and taxes live off.

How does the UKs FDI compare with the rest of Europe? The (remainer)Governments own figures also told us a Brexit vote would immediately crash the housing market, crash the economy and cause 500-800,000 job losses.


We haven't left yet and like most have said we don't truly know what will happend but all forecasts point a gloomy picture which people shouldn't just ignore and spout the Dunkirk spirit shite that I see being used more and more these past few months.


George Osborne pained a gloomy picture in the event of the country voting in favour of Brexit. In theory, you would have expected him to be more in the know than anyone else at that time. However, hardly any of his forecasts came to fruition, and our economy never ever required his emergency budget to save us from collapse. If the Chancellor could'nt get his forecasts correct, why should we be any more convinced by the other so called experts. Like you say, we do not know what will happen, but I suppose it may have helped if the original forecasts had at least been close to being correct.
Steve Zodiak
 
Posts: 4726
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Re: So you want to stay in the EU?

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:53 pm

jon1959 wrote:
Jock wrote:
jon1959 wrote:
captbirdseye wrote:People do realise that Tusk is talking about our MPs and not the voting public?

It's actually refreshing to hear him call them out because they've had a ridiculous easy rid so far with the lack of thought and planning put into leaving.

The fact that a lot of Brexiteer MPs need to bring up the bloody war when thing aren't going well says it all really.


Exactly.

But it's easier to whip up the outrage if you pretend he was insulting 17m voters.

As a comment on Farage, Johnson, Rees-Mogg and friends it is pretty restrained and long overdue.

So a comment by a Polish politician who trebled his salary when he got his EU gig was long overdue. Truth is Barnier, Junkers, Verhostadt and Tusk despise this country and it’s people, same with Merkel and Macron but the self leathers would rather side with them.


I'm not a 'self leather' and I'm not siding with 'them', but I do agree with Tusk's characterisation of the main Leave campaign leaders - and neither his nationality nor his salary changes that.




Mps didn't vote leave the people of UK did! It was then up to parliament and mps to plan how we leave , guess the mps were clairvoyant and
planned how to leave EU before referendum was done? Tusk clearly thought mps decided brexit with his idiotic comment, just shows how out of touch he is in his gold plated office in Brussels :old:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 16870
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

PreviousNext


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 2blue2handle, AV3, Bluebina, Bluebird1990, cmorris1927, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Igovernor, jimmy_rat, Majestic-12 [Bot], piledriver64, RV Casual, Sven, wez1927 and 173 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.