4 more wins

A forum for all things Cardiff City

4 more wins

Postby 65Blue » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:49 pm

And a few draws will see us over the line, I'm going for:

Soton Away
Watford Home
Burnley Away
Crystal P. Home
65Blue
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:16 pm

4 more wins

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: 4 more wins

Postby Barclay1 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:01 pm

I thought that about a month ago, but now think that we may need a few more points. I think 4 more wins and a few draws will see us finish above Fulham and Huddersfield. It's so close, that we really need wins against those around us. For me, wins against Southampton, Burnley, Palace and Fulham are really a must to get us near the top of our mini league.

I think we need another win and two draws at least. Draws from Watford , West Ham, Everton and possibly another win at Brighton. Sounds easy right? I bet all the other clubs are having similar conversations about their own fortunes that are split between 'were bound to survive' and ' we've got no chance'
Barclay1
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:04 am

Re: 4 more wins

Postby Savigma » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:49 pm

Be interesting to come back to this after the games have been played to see how many I got right.

But I’m going for wins at

Southampton
Brighton
Everton
Fulham
Wolves
Watford
Palace

Believe in the run!
Savigma
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:40 pm

Re: 4 more wins

Postby Bridgwater Blue » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:08 pm

I think we will beat West Ham at home as well
Bridgwater Blue
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:34 pm
Location: Somerset

Re: 4 more wins

Postby 65Blue » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:56 pm

65Blue wrote:And a few draws will see us over the line, I'm going for:

Soton Away
Watford Home
Burnley Away
Crystal P. Home


1 down 3 to go
65Blue
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:16 pm

Re: 4 more wins

Postby GENERAL CHAT » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:21 am

65Blue wrote:
65Blue wrote:And a few draws will see us over the line, I'm going for:

Soton Away
Watford Home
Burnley Away
Crystal P. Home


1 down 3 to go



Great stuff. :ayatollah:

This should be made a sticky.

By the way, far to many sticky's atm that should not be there imho.
Edmund: Have you ever been to Wales, Baldrick?
Baldrick: No, but I've often thought that I'd like to.
Edmund: Well don't. It's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough, sinewy men roam the valleys terrifying people with their close-harmony singing
User avatar
GENERAL CHAT
 
Posts: 1621
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:07 am

Re: 4 more wins

Postby 65Blue » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:33 am

Good to see Danny Murphy tipping us to stay up
65Blue
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:16 pm

Re: 4 more wins

Postby Leytonstoneblue » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:23 am

In my dreams, Here's what I realistically hope, think can happen!
Watford draw
Everton Win
Wolves Lose
West Ham Win
Brighton Draw
Chelsea Lose
Man City Lose
Burnley Draw
Fulham Win
Palace Win
Man Utd Lose
15 points = 40 points :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
5 Live commentary, English Wigan V Welsh Wigan April 2013,
" it's gone a bit quiet with the Wigan fans and there aren't enough Swansea fans to make a noise"
User avatar
Leytonstoneblue
 
Posts: 2438
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:43 pm
Location: London

Re: 4 more wins

Postby BobbyBlue » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:47 am

Watford - Win
Everton - Win
Palace - Win
Chelsea - Win
Brighton - Win
Fulham - Win
Wolves - Draw
Man City:UTD - Lose
West Ham - Win
BobbyBlue
 
Posts: 3238
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:33 pm

Re: 4 more wins

Postby BobbyBlue » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:48 am

Burnley - Draw
BobbyBlue
 
Posts: 3238
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:33 pm

Re: 4 more wins

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:59 pm

5 wins and we hit the 40 pts mark that's all im looking at for more or less absolute safety. Obviously draws will count but 5 wins and we've done it imo. And i would say 9 out of the next 12 games are winable. :bluescarf:
User avatar
Bluebird Warrior
 
Posts: 804
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: 4 more wins

Postby 65Blue » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:05 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:5 wins and we hit the 40 pts mark that's all im looking at for more or less absolute safety. Obviously draws will count but 5 wins and we've done it imo. And i would say 9 out of the next 12 games are winable. :bluescarf:

It has already been mentioned no team has ever been relegated with 10 wins and with the top sides getting record points it means the bottom sides will get less therefore another 3 wins and a couple of draws we should be ok
65Blue
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:16 pm

Re: 4 more wins

Postby Carpe Diem » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:54 am

65Blue wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:5 wins and we hit the 40 pts mark that's all im looking at for more or less absolute safety. Obviously draws will count but 5 wins and we've done it imo. And i would say 9 out of the next 12 games are winable. :bluescarf:

It has already been mentioned no team has ever been relegated with 10 wins and with the top sides getting record points it means the bottom sides will get less therefore another 3 wins and a couple of draws we should be ok


Our number of draws (4) is low compared previous seasons so the 10 wins stat is misleading. The current points Southampton are on is no lower than the 3rd from bottom team in recent seasons where anywhere from 34 to 38 points was needed to stay up.
For me it's another 13 or 14 points to be reasonably certain, so probably 4 wins more likely to achieve that.
Carpe Diem
 
Posts: 5264
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 8:10 pm

Re: 4 more wins

Postby phildavies » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:54 am

I said 34 points would be enough to stay up and I’m sticking with that as their is a lot of shot teams in this league and I don’t see some of them picking many more points.

Also how are those that went along with media bullshot about how good Fulham were going be at the start of the season feeling now they realise how utterly white they have always been I honestly couldn’t understand how anyone with a brain even thought they had a chance to stay up. Their squad is utter shite.
city till i die.............................................

Kadeem He don't like it rock the canton rock the canton
User avatar
phildavies
 
Posts: 2530
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:37 pm

Re: 4 more wins

Postby 65Blue » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:07 pm

phildavies wrote:I said 34 points would be enough to stay up and I’m sticking with that as their is a lot of shot teams in this league and I don’t see some of them picking many more points.

Also how are those that went along with media bullshot about how good Fulham were going be at the start of the season feeling now they realise how utterly white they have always been I honestly couldn’t understand how anyone with a brain even thought they had a chance to stay up. Their squad is utter shite.

I'm in your camp nearer 34 then 40, 3 more wins and a couple of draws should be enough given Soton next run of games
65Blue
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:16 pm

Re: 4 more wins

Postby T1JMO » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:23 pm

We might need more than 4, it's speculation until we are down to the last couple of games of the season no one will know the tally required.
User avatar
T1JMO
 
Posts: 1294
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: 4 more wins

Postby Bluebina » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:54 pm

T1JMO wrote:We might need more than 4, it's speculation until we are down to the last couple of games of the season no one will know the tally required.



Yes, but based on previous season and the top gaining more points 4 more wins would be enough i think.
Bluebina
 
Posts: 8938
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: 4 more wins

Postby Whistler » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:17 pm

4 wins should do it.
over the last 5 years the survival figure has varied in accordance with the winners total points
2018 winners 100 points - survival total 34 points
2017 winners 93 points - survival total 35 points
2016 winners 81 points - survival total 39 points
2015 winners 87 points - survival total 36 points
2014 winners 86 points - survival total 34 points

based on the fact that no-one is able to put a glove on the top two the winning total is likely to be high nineties therefor the survival total is likely to be 34 - 36 points = only 4 wins
Whistler
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:50 am

Re: 4 more wins

Postby wez1927 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:57 pm

Watford win
Everton Win
Wolves Lose
West Ham Win
Brighton win
Chelsea Lose
Man City Lose
Burnley lose
Fulham Win
Palace Win
Man Utd Lose
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 13199
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: 4 more wins

Postby 65Blue » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:14 pm

wez1927 wrote:Watford win
Everton Win
Wolves Lose
West Ham Win
Brighton win
Chelsea Lose
Man City Lose
Burnley lose
Fulham Win
Palace Win
Man Utd Lose


Champions league with those results
65Blue
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:16 pm

Re: 4 more wins

Postby Llan_Blue » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:46 am

Why is everyone forgetting to mention the Liverpool game easy three points that one.
Llan_Blue
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 6:10 pm

Re: 4 more wins

Postby dogfound » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:06 am

65Blue wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:5 wins and we hit the 40 pts mark that's all im looking at for more or less absolute safety. Obviously draws will count but 5 wins and we've done it imo. And i would say 9 out of the next 12 games are winable. :bluescarf:

It has already been mentioned no team has ever been relegated with 10 wins and with the top sides getting record points it means the bottom sides will get less therefore another 3 wins and a couple of draws we should be ok



teams have been relegated with 10 wins including
our manager at Sheffield United in 06/07
West Ham got relegated in 02/03 with 10 wins and 12 draws...42points
others...
barnsley 97/98
both sunderland and boro got relegated in 96/97 { boro did have a 3 point deduction though }
reading 07/08
blackpool 10/11
bolton 11/12
dogfound
 
Posts: 7383
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: 4 more wins

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:00 pm

Why is everyone leaving the Liverpool fixture out of their predictions? It’s a fixture I think we could actually get a point out of. They will be nervous and if we get in their faces we can get a result. And it would be lovely to stop the scousers winning the league.

Watford Win
Everton Win
Wolves Lose
West Ham Draw
Brighton Draw
Chelsea Lose
Man City Lose
Burnley Draw
Liverpool Draw
Fulham Win
Palace Draw
Man Utd Lose
Bluebird-in-Jackland
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:51 am

Re: 4 more wins

Postby Jones_1994 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:33 am

Think we will be okay, Just ! Thinking 38 Points :bluescarf:

Watford - Win
Everton - Draw
Wolves - Draw
West Ham - Lose
Brighton - Win
Chelsea - Lose
Man City - Lose
Burnley - Draw
Liverpool - Lose
Fulham - Draw
Crystal P - Win
Man United - Lose
Jones_1994
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 8:30 am

Re: 4 more wins

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:30 pm

We can beat Watford, Everton and West Ham at home :thumbright: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 110316
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: 4 more wins

Postby 65Blue » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:We can beat Watford, Everton and West Ham at home :thumbright: :bluebird:


Hoping to bump this back up next Friday with my second prediction and Everton West Ham worse case scenario 2 draws towards my target of 36/37 points
65Blue
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:16 pm

Re: 4 more wins

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:32 pm

65Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:We can beat Watford, Everton and West Ham at home :thumbright: :bluebird:


Hoping to bump this back up next Friday with my second prediction and Everton West Ham worse case scenario 2 draws towards my target of 36/37 points



I hope you do as well :thumbright: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 110316
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: 4 more wins

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:34 pm

It's amazing that, at this point of the season, we're talking about only needing 3/4 wins to stay up. Where as at the beginning we were written off from the start! Must admit I wrote us off. :oops: but I'm more than happy to eat humble pie! :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf:
Win or lose I'll Be there with my ticket and a pint!
Bridgend_bluebird
 
Posts: 11576
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:31 pm
Location: Bridgend

Re: 4 more wins

Postby Bananas » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:50 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:It's amazing that, at this point of the season, we're talking about only needing 3/4 wins to stay up. Where as at the beginning we were written off from the start! Must admit I wrote us off. :oops: but I'm more than happy to eat humble pie! :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

It won't be the first time, Custard with that butt?? :old: :laughing6:

:wave: :wave: BRIGHTON LOVELY BOYS :wave: :wave:
Bananas
 
Posts: 1229
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:18 pm

Re: 4 more wins

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:08 pm

Bananas wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:It's amazing that, at this point of the season, we're talking about only needing 3/4 wins to stay up. Where as at the beginning we were written off from the start! Must admit I wrote us off. :oops: but I'm more than happy to eat humble pie! :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

It won't be the first time, Custard with that butt?? :old: :laughing6:

:wave: :wave: BRIGHTON LOVELY BOYS :wave: :wave:


:lol: when was the other time I ate humble pie? :D

And by the way, I'll always admit when I'm wrong...If we stay up then I will be wrong by the way. :laughing6:
Win or lose I'll Be there with my ticket and a pint!
Bridgend_bluebird
 
Posts: 11576
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:31 pm
Location: Bridgend



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 68 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.