Please Don't give up on Pilot: Go fund me for David ibbotson

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby welshrarebit » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:47 pm

UPDATED: 13/02/19

£233,000 :bluebird:

UPDATED: 12/02/19

£227,000 now including a £50,000 donation fro Cardiff City / Vincent Tan :bluebird:

The family of a pilot who remains missing after a plane carrying footballer Emiliano Sala crashed into the English Channel have set up a fundraising page to restart the search for his body.

The family need £300,000 to help find David Ibbotson, thats what it will cost to find their loved one :cry:

Please help:
https://www.gofundme.com/david-ibbotson ... g-him-home :thumbright:

Thought this was worth sharing. Let's try and help Davids family in the way we have helped sala's.

French football star Kylian Mbappe has donated £27,000 to a fundraising appeal set up by the family of missing pilot David Ibbotson.

Mr Ibbotson, from Crowle, Lincolnshire, was flying Cardiff City's Emiliano Sala from Nantes to the UK when their plane crashed near Guernsey on 21 January.

The footballer's body was recovered from the wreck on the seabed, but Mr Ibbotson's body has not been found.

Former England captain Gary Lineker has also donated £1,000.
Attachments
skynews-david-ibbotson-pilot_4572314.jpg
skynews-david-ibbotson-pilot_4572314.jpg (114.63 KiB) Viewed 7407 times
_105404000_sala_comp.jpg
_105404000_sala_comp.jpg (34.99 KiB) Viewed 7412 times
welshrarebit

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Go fund me for David ibbotson

Postby worcester_ccfc » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:40 pm

Agreed :thumbright:
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Ibby » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:00 am

:thumbright: :bluebird: :thumbright:
Ibby

Postby RV Casual » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:37 am

Agreed.

I thought the original go fund me was for both of them so hopefully IF there are any funds left it can go to this.
RV Casual

Postby Dahboy » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:00 pm

RV Casual wrote:Agreed.

I thought the original go fund me was for both of them so hopefully IF there are any funds left it can go to this.

So let me get this straight. So lets say for instance that the body in the plane was not sala but Mr ibbotson? Where then would that leave the sala family as it was them that organised the go fund me. Would the search still be called off because effectively the money would have gone.
Dahboy

Postby Sven » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:06 pm

Dahboy wrote:

So let me get this straight. So lets say for instance that the body in the plane was not sala but Mr ibbotson? Where then would that leave the sala family as it was them that organised the go fund me. Would the search still be called off because effectively the money would have gone.

I think there was a hope that once confirmed the plane was lost to the sea, the two men would be found together. This, to date, hasn't been the case but it is not impossible that Dave Ibbotson's remains are still in the wreckage; remembering the rescue of Emiliano Sala's remains were carried out by robotic means

The search needs to be resumed as soon as is practicable in the hope that the Ibbotson family can gain the same closure that has now been afforded the Sala family
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Calzaghes trainset » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:51 pm

The search was so quick I would be very surprised if all the money was gone.

If there is money left over it should be put into a search for Dave the pilot.
Calzaghes trainset

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:07 pm

Aaib have not said won't look again for David just at moment weather to bad guess will review it again! But if they've searched all plane no point going back out , not sure point to go searching channel if this is case as could be anywhere now with currents and wind? Think people should wait for weather to improve and see if aaib are resuming search before starting any search. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby brickyblue » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:46 pm

Must be awful for Dave's family finding Sala but not him it's devastating I really hope they find him and to the football playing who contributed to find Sala the same should be done for Dave it's the decent dignified thing to do right now.
I really hope the family can get the closure the deserve.
brickyblue

Postby paulh_85 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:10 pm

Must be awful for his family but I'm not sure how they can find a body in the sea to be honest.

Id imagine the decision would have been the same if the body found was the pilot
paulh_85

Postby Calzaghes trainset » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:23 am

Gary Lineker donated a thousand.
Attachments
AC01984D-EF3B-4040-A037-15C1928C1C95.png
AC01984D-EF3B-4040-A037-15C1928C1C95.png (94.81 KiB) Viewed 10077 times
Calzaghes trainset

Postby papa » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:30 am

Elie Lottin donates £27000 ( Kylian Mbappe) :ayatollah:
ENJOY YOURSELF (its later than you think)
papa

Postby BiglicksMcGoo » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:03 pm

papa wrote:Elie Lottin donates £27000 ( Kylian Mbappe) :ayatollah:

WOW, Fair play Kylian.
BiglicksMcGoo

Postby snoopystorm » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:18 pm

3 times mind £81,000

BF748CA8-94F5-42E6-8C35-56238744EBEA.png
BF748CA8-94F5-42E6-8C35-56238744EBEA.png (189.44 KiB) Viewed 9340 times

23A1F678-DE95-4AF5-9063-1035D045764F.png
23A1F678-DE95-4AF5-9063-1035D045764F.png (198.1 KiB) Viewed 9340 times
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
snoopystorm

Postby Fowler T » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:04 pm

snoopystorm wrote:

3 times mind £81,000

Is this a bug with GoFundMe ? I noticed a few other repeat donations of the same amount coming up on the Sala page too so wasn't sure if it was an error.

Either way though though, Kylian Mbappe... 20 years old, just a boy - but clearly very humble and has a big heart.

IMO in years to come if he does any charity work it won't be Beckham esq for the publicity, it will be because he cares.
Fowler T

Postby snoopystorm » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:18 pm

Fowler T wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:

3 times mind £81,000

Is this a bug with GoFundMe ? I noticed a few other repeat donations of the same amount coming up on the Sala page too so wasn't sure if it was an error.

Either way though though, Kylian Mbappe... 20 years old, just a boy - but clearly very humble and has a big heart.

IMO in years to come if he does any charity work it won't be Beckham esq for the publicity, it will be because he cares.

I thought that at first then saw on his page 3 donations made (my 1st photo)
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
snoopystorm

Postby BAMBA CREW » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:18 pm

Amazing Lineker and MBappe. Regardless of what they earn it's a lovely gesture
BAMBA CREW

Postby dogfound » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:25 pm

I doubt the original search was planned for only a few days { financially }

and doubt that had it been David Ibbotsons body that was found that they would have stopped.

would also imagine most that donated to the original thegofundme thought it was JUST about finding one person..
dogfound

Postby Calzaghes trainset » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:16 pm

snoopystorm wrote:
Fowler T wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:

3 times mind £81,000

I thought that at first then saw on his page 3 donations made (my 1st photo)

It’s what he’s donated to all causes not just this one.
Calzaghes trainset

Postby Ibby » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:56 pm

Good to see few big names giving money out. Where will this money end to only asking, if any left over money left will that go to to charity?
Ibby

Postby dogfound » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:07 am

Ibby wrote:Good to see few big names giving money out. Where will this money end to only asking, if any left over money left will that go to to charity?

its a fair question IBBY.
would like to know myself .
dogfound

Re: Please Don't give up on Pilot: Go fund me for David ibbo

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:14 am

Mbappe donates to Sala pilot David Ibbotson search fund

10 February 2019

French football star Kylian Mbappe has donated £27,000 to a fundraising appeal set up by the family of missing pilot David Ibbotson.

Mr Ibbotson, from Crowle, Lincolnshire, was flying Cardiff City's Emiliano Sala from Nantes to the UK when their plane crashed near Guernsey on 21 January.

The footballer's body was recovered from the wreck on the seabed, but Mr Ibbotson's body has not been found.

Former England captain Gary Lineker has also donated £1,000.

By Sunday evening more than 7,000 donations had been received, pushing the total raised to more than £130,000 of the page's £300,000 target.

World Cup winner and Paris St-Germain forward Mbappe, whose full name is Kylian Mbappe Lottin, donated under the name Elie Lottin.

Lineker linked to the page from his Twitter feed, saying: "Here's the Go Fund Me page should you wish to help this poor family".
Attachments
_105404000_sala_comp.jpg
_105404000_sala_comp.jpg (34.99 KiB) Viewed 7419 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:12 am

Pilot's family stunned by public kindness as they plan to issue update on new search :ayatollah:

Pilot's family stunned by public kindness as they plan to issue update on new search

Daily Mirror

Monday 11th February 2019

David Ibbotson's family are appealing for help

The family of missing pilot David Ibbotson have issued a message of thanks after more than £120,000 has been pledged so efforts to find him can resume.

Mr Ibbotson was flying the Piper PA-46 Malibu which vanished from radar near the Channel Islands on January 21, before the aircraft's wreckage was located after an underwater search last Sunday.

Emiliano Sala 's body was recovered from the wreckage this week, but no trace of Mr Ibbotson has been found.

Investigators confirmed their search operation at sea is over, with poor weather conditions leading them to decide on leaving the aircraft at the bottom of the English Channel.

The family of Mr Ibbotson, from Lincolnshire, launched a GoFundMe page on Friday night with a bid to resume efforts to find him.

Within 48 hours, the appeal has raised more than £120,000 out of a £300,000 target.

Match of the Day presenter Gary Lineker and French footballer Kylian Mbappe are among those to have donated to the fund.

The family have issued a message of thanks after the public have got behind the appeal, taking it to almost half its target within two days.

Danielle Ibbotson, who set up the online crowdfunder, issued an update on Sunday, saying: "From the bottom of my heart! Thank you to each and everyone for your kindness.

"We will keep you all posted once we know more information on what is going to happen and the plan."

The plane vanished from radar on January 21 while making its way from Nantes to Cardiff. The UK Air Accident Investigation Branch say an interim report into the accident is due to be published by February 21.

Danielle's original message to the public on the page read: "Please help bring David Ibbotson home and help give him the send off he deserves.

"As a family we are relying on the kindness of the good hearted people to help us raise the much needed funds to help us find our beloved Dad, Husband and Son.

"As a family we are trying to come to terms with the tragedy and the loss of two incredible men.

"To be told the search has now been called off for the foreseeable future has only made this tragic time more difficult.

Ship carrying Sala's body docks in Dorset after leaving wreckage site

"We can not bare the thought of him being alone, we need him home so that we are able to lay him to rest.

"Any donations would be very much appreciated.

"Thank you so much for your support Ibbotson Family."
Attachments
36928131_1549655839839468_r.jpg
36928131_1549655839839468_r.jpg (60.29 KiB) Viewed 6963 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby dogfound » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:53 am

paulh_85 wrote:Must be awful for his family but I'm not sure how they can find a body in the sea to be honest.

Id imagine the decision would have been the same if the body found was the pilot

I think ALL the gofundmemoney would have been exhausted looking for Emiliano Sala.

I cant get my head around this poor family having to start up another funding scheme tbh mate.
dogfound

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:06 am

Are the aaib going to look for him in plane when weather improves or are they satisfied hes not there? If hes not there is there a point to search the English channel or atlantic for him? Its an extremely sad situation for family tnough.
pembroke allan

Postby paulh_85 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:56 pm

dogfound wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:Must be awful for his family but I'm not sure how they can find a body in the sea to be honest.

I think ALL the gofundmemoney would have been exhausted looking for Emiliano Sala.

I cant get my head around this poor family having to start up another funding scheme tbh mate.

have no idea how much something like this would cost, or how much would be left of what was donated, but the money wasnt really my point. there seems to be a general consensus that had the body been the pilots the search would still be going on. i dont believe that to be the case.
paulh_85

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:58 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

have no idea how much something like this would cost, or how much would be left of what was donated, but the money wasnt really my point. there seems to be a general consensus that had the body been the pilots the search would still be going on. i dont believe that to be the case.

That was my thought to be honest, I thought the money was to find the plane and hope to retrieve them. Its awful but I just don't see how any body can be found at sea like that, and it would be the same if it was his or Sala body.
2blue2handle

Postby dogfound » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:23 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I know it was not your point, your point is about a consensus of opinion...which I haven't heard from anyone..in fact the opposite including lots of comments on the second GoFundMe page.
the fella in charge of the search said he would talk to David Ibbotsons family { who apparently he had not spoken to } about going back to search for his body. and if they asked, he would, the GoFundMe started the next day.?.he said this after Emiliano Sala had been found and identified.

I have no idea how much these things cost either but doubt the original search was planned for only a few days, its not how it was being spoken about at the time with comments along the lines of we can search for 6 months and it only be 50/50 . personally I was amazed they found the plane but they did. and the fact this chap has now approached the pilots family suggests he thinks there is a chance ?

will add , the original gofundme was to find Sala , not the plane and both...and the original now has a link to the Ibbotson one. i honestly thought the first one was to recover both.
dogfound

Postby epping blue » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:47 pm

dogfound wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I know it was not your point, your point is about a consensus of opinion...which I haven't heard from anyone..in fact the opposite including lots of comments on the second GoFundMe page.
the fella in charge of the search said he would talk to David Ibbotsons family { who apparently he had not spoken to } about going back to search for his body. and if they asked, he would, the GoFundMe started the next day.?.he said this after Emiliano Sala had been found and identified.

I have no idea how much these things cost either but doubt the original search was planned for only a few days, its not how it was being spoken about at the time with comments along the lines of we can search for 6 months and it only be 50/50 . personally I was amazed they found the plane but they did. and the fact this chap has now approached the pilots family suggests he thinks there is a chance ?

will add , the original gofundme was to find Sala , not the plane and both...and the original now has a link to the Ibbotson one. i honestly thought the first one was to recover both.

They have huge head start on the original search in so much as they know where the plane is. If he's still in there they will eventually get him out and have the added benefit of being able to plan the operation before they leave the shore. If he did survive the impact better than Emiliano and managed to get out that open door then there is amost no hope of finding his body. He's probably hidden from view at the front. If the air accident decide to lift the plane then if he;'s in it they'll get his body with little or no expenditure.
epping blue

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:30 pm

£227,000 now including a £50,000 donation fro Cardiff City / Vincent Tan :bluebird:

Forever Blue
Admin

Next

Return to General Chat