Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Please Don't give up on Pilot: Go fund me for David ibbo

Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:30 pm

The only realistic chance they've got of recovering remains is if they're still in the wreckage and every hour which passes means that there's less chance of recovering anything much of those remains even if they were in there since they'll be subject to crabs, lobsters and other nasty little things and salt water soon disintegrates flesh anyway. I've previously avoided pointing that out because I didn't want to upset people, but at this point they need to understand that reality .

There are enough wealthy parties directly or indirectly involved in this that any one of them could simply pay for it to be done IF they were interested in doing so and IF they cared, but they obviously don't . It's chump change for any football club and for quite a lot of footballers individually in fact , so it's ridiculous really to be asking Joe Blow to chip in a fiver.

The bottom line is that none of them really care about the pilot, who was just a bit player in their public grief - fest and whilst they're happy to shed a few crocodile tears for him they're not going to put their hands in their pockets for a man who wasn't famous and whose family obviously don't count much for that reason

Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:38 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:The only realistic chance they've got of recovering remains is if they're still in the wreckage and every hour which passes means that there's less chance of recovering anything much of those remains even if they were in there since they'll be subject to crabs, lobsters and other nasty little things and salt water soon disintegrates flesh anyway. I've previously avoided pointing that out because I didn't want to upset people, but at this point they need to understand that reality .

There are enough wealthy parties directly or indirectly involved in this that any one of them could simply pay for it to be done IF they were interested in doing so and IF they cared, but they obviously don't . It's chump change for any football club and for quite a lot of footballers individually in fact , so it's ridiculous really to be asking Joe Blow to chip in a fiver.

The bottom line is that none of them really care about the pilot, who was just a bit player in their public grief - fest and whilst they're happy to shed a few crocodile tears for him they're not going to put their hands in their pockets for a man who wasn't famous and whose family obviously don't count much for that reason

Breaking update to that

Just saw that Mr Vincent Tan has just put in £50K. Not for the first time we see him revealed as a very decent man who steps up every time and uses his wealth to make a difference.
Great to see one of the many people who could help actually doing so.

:clap: :clap: :clap: Sri Vincent Tan :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:44 pm

Brilliant! - well done Vincent Tan.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:14 pm

posted a post on this - needs decent recognition, very generous.

:clap:

Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:26 pm

Tan put big money towards the search in the past 1 hour. Class act owner.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:36 pm

I thought they said there was only one body in the plane? To be brutally honest, how can anyone find him if he’s not in the plane? It’s almost impossible as he could be anywhere by now.....someone mentioned a man who went missing on a beach in Carmarthen in October just washed up on a beach in Devon.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:38 pm

Ibby wrote:Tan put big money towards the search in the past 1 hour. Class act owner.

Have Nantes donated anything? Not meant so be insensitive but just wondering. It’s a collective tragedy that has touched both clubs, both families and both sets of fans and the world generally in and out of football. It would display a great sense of unity to get that target over the line and in the world of football it’s nothing from a monetary perspective.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:45 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:The only realistic chance they've got of recovering remains is if they're still in the wreckage and every hour which passes means that there's less chance of recovering anything much of those remains even if they were in there since they'll be subject to crabs, lobsters and other nasty little things and salt water soon disintegrates flesh anyway. I've previously avoided pointing that out because I didn't want to upset people, but at this point they need to understand that reality .

well despite a shortage of big donations from the football world the fund is ticking along nicely. smaller donations mostly from { Joe Blow } but more of them. 10 thousand people have donated to this fund ,twice as many individuals than the original fund.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:22 pm

dogfound wrote:

well despite a shortage of big donations from the football world the fund is ticking along nicely. smaller donations mostly from { Joe Blow } but more of them. 10 thousand people have donated to this fund ,twice as many individuals than the original fund.

Good , and that's a tribute to the regular folks who gave what they can, but I still think that some of the richer people with a direct stake might have done more . Our own Mr Vincent Tan is the only one of them who has.
Doesn't matter much in practical reality but I still think it shows some of them up for what they are .

Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:24 pm

I used to collect for guide dogs a bit, and one thing which I noticed was that if you did Tescos on a rich area you'd get about half what you'd get in a similar branch in a poor , ( even criminal infested) area .

Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:41 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Good , and that's a tribute to the regular folks who gave what they can, but I still think that some of the richer people with a direct stake might have done more . Our own Mr Vincent Tan is the only one of them who has.
Doesn't matter much in practical reality but I still think it shows some of them up for what they are .

I do agree with you about richer people { particularly in the football world } doing more.

Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:02 pm

dogfound wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I do agree with you about richer people { particularly in the football world } doing more.

Always football people getting the blame. Most only cared about sala originaly and now many players and football fans have given its football people need to do more. Why should they. Im glad they have but the fact that they should is pathetic. Should i give 100 for a search no. Doesnt mean i cant but no body should feel pressured to or be told its something they should do.

Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:02 am

stuey1981 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Always football people getting the blame. Most only cared about sala originaly and now many players and football fans have given its football people need to do more. Why should they. Im glad they have but the fact that they should is pathetic. Should i give 100 for a search no. Doesnt mean i cant but no body should feel pressured to or be told its something they should do.

not sure who has been pressured by a convo on a message board
and who said should...you say it 3 times but nobody else has.

Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:46 am

dogfound wrote:
stuey1981 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Sorry if i was a bit ott but its the comments ive mainly seen on facebook from people who know very little about the football community

Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:50 am

stuey1981 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
stuey1981 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Sorry if i was a bit ott but its the comments ive mainly seen on facebook from people who know very little about the football community

I don't do Twitter or FB , and from the bits I hear and read on here I think its a wise choice.
although I must admit I do understand the frustrations of people regarding these gofundmes

Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:53 pm

dogfound wrote:
stuey1981 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
stuey1981 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I don't do Twitter or FB , and from the bits I hear and read on here I think its a wise choice.
although I must admit I do understand the frustrations of people regarding these gofundmes

For me its the comments that say people only care about the footballer and not the pilot and no one mentions him. Loads on here have. Lots on tv have we as a club have. There comments are based on their own agenda against the football community

Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:36 am

stuey1981 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
stuey1981 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
stuey1981 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:
dogfound wrote:

For me its the comments that say people only care about the footballer and not the pilot and no one mentions him. Loads on here have. Lots on tv have we as a club have. There comments are based on their own agenda against the football community

think its more to do with frustration at the search stopping .
doesn't look like the 2nd GoFundMe is going to reach its target either.

Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:23 pm

dogfound wrote:
stuey1981 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
stuey1981 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
stuey1981 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:
dogfound wrote:

think its more to do with frustration at the search stopping .
doesn't look like the 2nd GoFundMe is going to reach its target either.

To be fair the search was only ever for the plane. I think if search was confirmed for david that donations would pick up again

Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:27 pm

Fund set up by pilot's family reaches £235,000

The appeal fund to continue efforts to find pilot David Ibbotson has now reached more than £235,000 after being set up on Friday night.

The family of the missing pilot say they are considering the best way forward in terms of the search they wish to carry out.

Mr Ibbotson’s daughter Danielle issued an update yesterday, where she said:

“We have been in talks the past couple of days with David Mearns over emails and a phone call. We are looking into the best way forward and options we have going forward.
“Once we have 100% confirmed the plan forward we will full update everyone. Thank you so much for your support. We can not thank you enough. The Ibbotson Family x”.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.