Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Cardiff have failed all season to play

Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:43 pm

grange_end1927 wrote::shock:

Cardiff City have failed to give a single Premier League minute to a single player under the age of 23 player this season.

Oh please don't start that here !
You don't pick teams to check boxes and football is the one place where you can more or less still get away with employing people on ability rather than " inclusiveness ". It's a short escapism from this horrible twisted society where every innocent human activity is subjected to political scrutiny and interdiction by angry and confused young people who have been parented by Victoria Derbyshire and the Internet.

I understand that there's a point in there about developing young talent , but don't open the door to political supervision of the game. It won't be long before we'll have to start putting women into the teams to disprove nature, but don't invite it in because it'll force itself on us soon enough, and then one of the few remaining areas of wholesome honest human endeavour will be shut down. Let's just enjoy the game as long as it's allowed.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:02 pm

grange_end1927 wrote::shock:

Cardiff City have failed to give a single Premier League minute to a single player under the age of 23 player this season.

Strange thing to post why does this matter?

Lots of our players are 24 25 26 27 it’s not like we are an old team.

We don’t have any youngsters that are good enough to go into a premier league team.

We’ve probably only ever had a handful of players in our history that could do that. If we were constantly producing premier league quality young players we’d be a lot higher in the league and be a premier league regular.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:11 pm

If we had an aging team id be concerned but I don't think we do. Im sure if they were good enough then they would play, sadly young talented players are extremely expensive and snapped up by the big boys

Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:15 pm

If hoping against hope we are safe with a couple of games left I'd love to see the young lad Sion Spence given ago. He seems to be our best young prospect by far.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:10 pm

Maybe we would have played rabbi matondo if the bigger clubs were not allowed to steal kids with impunity.....

The whole transfer system needs an overhaul, but no way would eufa do that as the big clubs wouldn't allow it.

I believe a set % of every transfer (or salary) a player has during his career should go the the club the player signed schoolboy and apprentice forms with. This would get money back to the smaller clubs.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:00 pm

I’ve merged the topics as this was posted a couple of weeks ago.