Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Arsenal fan Piers Morgan has just called Aaron Ramsey

Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:33 am

Arsenal fan Piers Morgan has just called Aaron Ramsey the most overrated player in world football

Arsenal's Aaron Ramsey and (inset) Piers Morgan have a bit of history

Tuesday 12th February 2019

They have plenty of history.

And Piers Morgan has stuck the knife into Aaron Ramsey once again on the day he confirmed his move to Italian giants Juventus .

The pair's hostile relationship goes back years, with Morgan constantly criticising the Welshman's performances in an Arsenal shirt.

Last month he tweeted: "Could every single person in the world who genuinely believes Aaron Ramsey is currently being ‘hotly pursued’ by Real Madrid, Juventus, PSG, Bayern Munich, Inter Milan & Barcelona please raise their right hand?"

Complete with the words he included a picture of the Welshman, with his hand raised.

It backfired.

Now, after the 28-year-old agreed a pre-contract with the Serie A side, Morgan has done the same again - only this time he has gone one step further, labelling Ramsey "the most overrated player in world football".

The Good Morning Britain presenter has had a long-running feud with the former Cardiff City man dating back to the 2012-13 season.

It led to Ramsey refusing to shake hands with Morgan following Arsenal's draw with Chelsea in 2015, something which Gunners legend Ian Wright said he was entitled to do.

"It must have got to him," said former striker Wright at the time .

"He's [Ramsey] a quiet, unassuming man and just gets on with his job.

"Piers was pretty vitriolic. He's very vocal about Arsenal and I thought Aaron was well within his rights."

And after Ramsey asked "who's Piers Morgan?" in an interview, Morgan began referring to the former Cardiff City man as "whatshisname".

Ramsey leaves the Emirates Stadium with three FA Cups to his name, with two winning goals to boot.

On Twitter he wrote a farewell message to the Gunners faithful. He said: "As you may have already heard, I have agreed a pre-contract with Juventus Football Club.

"I wanted to issue a personal statement for all the Arsenal fans who have been extremely loyal and supportive. You welcomed me as a teenager and have been there for me through all the highs and lows I've encountered during my time at the club.

"It is with a heavy heart that I leave after 11 incredible years in North London. Thank you.

"I will continue to give the team 100% and hope to finish the season strongly, before heading on to my next chapter in Turin.

"Kind regards, Aaron."

Re: Arsenal fan Piers Morgan has just called Aaron Ramsey

Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:06 am

Should've joined Man United.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:18 am

Not as overrated as piss Morgan is ? ? :mrgreen:

Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:23 am

Does anyone ever take this human sized potato seriously?

Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:43 pm

BrightBlueFuture wrote:Should've joined Man United.

I agree he is a fantastic player, but he would have won so much and become a truly World class player under Ferguson.

He's pulled a blinder here though, running down his contract has made him the highest paid Brittish player ever!

I am sure you will see more of this Harry Cane would be mad to ever accept a transfer, the rewards of running your contract down are worth it, and then you get to decide your own club, based either on money or success or a combination of the two.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:09 pm

Im sure Ramsey is gutted about that :lol:

Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:20 pm

I'm pretty sure Jack Wilshere fits the category of "most overrated player". Arsenal fans have always had a pety chip on their shoulder about Rambo having 10x the career Wilshere has had

Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:10 pm

Piers who? :D

One nasty bit of work, can't stand the loud mouthed fool.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:28 pm

Why would he do that when he is being paid £400k a week to move to a 'better' club than Manu anyway...

Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:16 pm

T1JMO wrote:

Why would he do that when he is being paid £400k a week to move to a 'better' club than Manu anyway...

He means when he left us I think, Ferguson wanted him, but he chose Arsenal!

I don't think they would want him now at that cost.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:32 pm

shock ,horror, the host of the TV version of Womens Own knows more about sewing than football.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:54 pm

Bluebina wrote:
T1JMO wrote:

He means when he left us I think, Ferguson wanted him, but he chose Arsenal!

I don't think they would want him now at that cost.

Yep, I mean when it was between Man United and Arsenal. Would've had a set position in centre midfield there not a utility man that's barely appreciated by the fans

Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:27 pm

Piers Morgan is a professional oaf who has stolen a living by being 'controversial'. I would rather do a handstand against a wall and shit on my own head rather than listen to his worthless drivel.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:02 pm

morgan would rather you hate him than never heard of him. judging by the replies on his thread he has succeeded.

ramsey falls short of world class, but he is a top level player at champions league level. he isn't a steven gerrard level player, he's just behind that.

arsenal is not a good place to be at the moment. they have been in decline for a number of years now. morgan bad mouths anyone who leaves arsenal, so it's no surprise to see him doing the same here.

i distinctly remember sterling being written off as greedy, overrated, and overpriced player. ashley cole the same. when people decide a player is greedy, their rage makes them blind to the obvious. i think ramsey will do very well for juve.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:48 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Piers Morgan is a professional oaf who has stolen a living by being 'controversial'. I would rather do a handstand against a wall and shit on my own head rather than listen to his worthless drivel.

He was a failure in America when he took over from Larry King he killed the show by being too brash. So if I were Aaron Ramsey I wouldn't worry too much about his opinion.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:02 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:Piers Morgan is a professional oaf who has stolen a living by being 'controversial'. I would rather do a handstand against a wall and shit on my own head rather than listen to his worthless drivel.

He was a failure in America when he took over from Larry King he killed the show by being too brash. So if I were Aaron Ramsey I wouldn't worry too much about his opinion.

I'm genuinely amazed by his success Tony, as he hasn't got an iota of talent. I can't watch or even read anything that he's involved with.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:31 pm

I think it's fair enough because I know a bloke called Dave who's an Arsenal supporter, and he said Piers Morgan is the most over rated presenter of daytime tv since Eamon Holmes. I think Piers was just trying to get even.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:34 pm

Seriously though , the reason why he came unstuck in the States was because he misjudged the political appetite for gun control and decided to be a poster boy for attacking the 2nd amendment .
He's a wicked little globalist shill , but in fairness he's very good at his job.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:39 pm

L
https://youtu.be/NiFY9BUYcuY

https://youtu.be/ror9v2LwHoY

Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:02 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Seriously though , the reason why he came unstuck in the States was because he misjudged the political appetite for gun control and decided to be a poster boy for attacking the 2nd amendment .
He's a wicked little globalist shill , but in fairness he's very good at his job.

misjudged or did he think he could influence a nation ?
he bullies and attacks is incapable of conceding any point and pretends he has won and is right even when anyone with 2 braincells knows he is completely wrong and has been layed which is most of the time..
maybe he is meant to be the thick skinned wrong one who is deluded. if so your correct. good at his job.

Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:01 pm

And to think I was born under the Grange End Star, loved his comment. Piers is an overpaid tiresome potato head.

Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:37 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Seriously though , the reason why he came unstuck in the States was because he misjudged the political appetite for gun control and decided to be a poster boy for attacking the 2nd amendment .

he would rather you hate him than you'd never heard of him. as i said, he has succeeded because most people in the UK and U.S. have heard of him, despite having no talent to speak of. he is a tabloid editor who has moved into showbiz.

he latched on to the gun control issue because it's one of the most divisive issues in the U.S. nowadays. people are either for or against it, and they tend to vilify the other side. he obviously realised this, and then decided to run with it, in the hope of driving better ratings.

ultimately people just got bored of him, and his show died. it happens here all the time, how many times have they revamped GMTV over the years?