Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Cardiff City Sign Striker '

Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:10 am

Danny Williams on a 2.5 year professional contract with the Premier League club.

19-year-old Striker Danny Williams has joined the Premier League outfit from Welsh League Division One side Haverfordwest County for an undisclosed fee.

Former student signs to Cardiff City

by Gower College

Thursday 14 February 2019

A former Gowerton School pupil and Gower College Swansea student has signed to Cardiff City.

Danny Williams, who studied Level 3 Football, Coaching and Performance (Diploma in Sport) at the College as well as being a star member of its Football Academy, has signed a 2.5 year professional contract with the Premier League club.

“This is an incredible achievement for Danny and we are all extremely proud of him,” says Learning Area Manager for Sport, Marcus Westmoreland. “Danny was a huge asset to our Football Academy team, a consistently outstanding performer who earned great respect from his team members.”

“During his first year at College, Danny was an integral part of the team that won the National Welsh College's seven-a-side and played regularly for the 1st team in the ECFA Premier League. He also helped the College reach the national finals of both the British Premier Cup and the Welsh National Cup Final, winning the latter on two occasions, and with Danny scoring a hat-trick in the 2018 event.”

At just 16 years of age, Danny travelled to Rome to represent Welsh College's U18's and made such a good impression that he was selected again the following year.

“I’d like to thank everyone at Gower College Swansea for the support and guidance I received on a daily basis during my time there,” says Danny. “My memories of the College’s football programme, where I spent an unbelievable three years, will stick with me for a very long time. My coaches/lecturers were absolutely first class, especially Andrew Stokes and Richard South who invested so much in me and helped with my development both on and off the pitch.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Cardiff City Sign Striker '

Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:05 am

Good luck to him and I hope we have a star of the future here!
Mad to think Mbappe is not yet 19!

Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:06 am

Dont suppose anyone knows anything about this guy?

Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:09 am

Bluebird1990 wrote:Dont suppose anyone knows anything about this guy?

Haverfordwest County has scored 20 goals in Welsh League football this season.

Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:29 pm

I think there called the bluebirds also Haverford :bluebird:

Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:01 pm

RageJon wrote:I think there called the bluebirds also Haverford :bluebird:

yes they are , don't think this boy has played for them for very long. and was told { not sure if accurate } that they did not have him on contract until we started to take an interest so they could get a fee. been told 2 figures by someone ,15k which came indirectly from the boy and 30k which came from havie west..

Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:48 pm

Good Luck To The Lad .