Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Emiliano Sala's 'secret lover' dedicates memorial tattoo to

Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:56 pm

Emiliano Sala's 'secret lover' dedicates memorial tattoo to Cardiff City striker

Friday 15th February 2019

A volleyball player who claims to have been in a secret relationship with Emiliano Sala has had a permanent memory of him inked on her arm.

Stunning Brazilian Luiza Ungerer, 31, reacted to news the Cardiff City striker’s body had been found by going online to write: “I’m going to love you forever.”

Now Luiza, who plays for Beziers Angels in France where Emiliano spent most of the last decade playing football, has had his shirt number tattooed on her left arm.

She showed off the inking on her reddened skin on her Instagram alongside a heart and the message ‘Para siempre Emi’ - which in English means ‘For Ever Emi.’

The number ‘9’ was tattooed on her arm under a field of flowers.

Luiza spoke about her relationship with the 28-year-old Argentinian in an interview with Brazilian news site Globo, saying they had met when they were both playing for teams in France.

She claimed she had last seen him on his birthday a week before the single-engine Piper Malibu taking him from Nantes to Cardiff disappeared over the Channel near Guernsey.

She described Sala as a “simple person” with a pure heart and no bad intentions.

Sala passed away last month after the plane he was in crashed into the English Channel (Image: Luiza Ungerer/Instagram)
The footballer’s body was found last week after a privately-funded search and is due to be repatriated to Argentina later on Friday ahead of a wake on Saturday at his boyhood football club in the small town of Progreso in Santa Fe province where he grew up.

The body of the pilot, 59-year-old David Ibbotson, has yet to be found and his family are insisting the search must go on.

Until Luiza appeared on the scene, the only woman Emiliano had been linked to was Argentinian model Berenice Schkair.

She was initially described as an ex, but later insisted that although they were not in a formal relationship when Emiliano’s plane crashed, they were getting to know each other and she was a “person who loved him, loves him and wanted him found.”

The 27-year-old, who alleged the “football mafia” was behind Cardiff City’s new £15 million striker’s death but later retracted the claims, told an Argentinan TV station: “He was special. He really swept me off my feet. I never saw anything negative about him. He was hard-working, healthy, humble, not a party animal. He fascinated me as a person and a man. He was a friend and we didn’t have a formal relationship.

“This is breaking my heart because he doesn’t deserve what’s happened to him.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.