Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Warnock under scrutiny, his son agent (The Times)

Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:26 pm

Neil Warnock’s son under scrutiny over Cardiff deals

Cardiff City have been accused of breaching FA rules

By Matt Hughes, Matt Dickinson
February 15 2019

The Times

Warnock’s son James is listed as acting for the player and the club as a representative of USM regarding Cardiff captain Morrison

Cardiff City have been accused of breaching FA rules regarding intermediaries because of their extensive use of an agency who employ James Warnock, son of the club’s manager Neil Warnock.

It is understood that a number of other agents have complained to the FA about the relationship between Cardiff and Unique Sports Management (USM), which they claim is a conflict of interest and therefore a breach of the regulations.

The FA Handbook 2018-19 includes a 13-page section entitled “Working with Intermediaries Regulations”, which indicates that family relationships between club employees and intermediaries are prohibited.

Despite this restriction, in the FA’s most recently published list of intermediary transactions, James Warnock is listed as acting for both the player and the club as a representative of USM…

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/neil ... -kb9zqh8v8
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Warnock under scrutiny, his son agent (The Times)

Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:39 pm

Isnt this similar to what Wolves do :?

Re: Warnock under scrutiny,his son agent (The Times)

Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:39 pm

Who gives a f**k?

The establishment, including the BBC & FA, have made it quite clear this season that we are snotty nosed kids who have landed in the wrong classroom.

I suspect this is another attempt to derail, what was originally thought of as mission impossible, but is now looking more and more likely a possibilty, our sterling eforts to stay in the best league in World Football.

f**k em all, we are Cardiff, we are Barmy.....you know the rest. :bluebird:

Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:40 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:Neil Warnock’s son under scrutiny over Cardiff deals

Cardiff City have been accused of breaching FA rules

By Matt Hughes, Matt Dickinson
February 15 2019

The Times

Warnock’s son James is listed as acting for the player and the club as a representative of USM regarding Cardiff captain Morrison

Cardiff City have been accused of breaching FA rules regarding intermediaries because of their extensive use of an agency who employ James Warnock, son of the club’s manager Neil Warnock.

It is understood that a number of other agents have complained to the FA about the relationship between Cardiff and Unique Sports Management (USM), which they claim is a conflict of interest and therefore a breach of the regulations.

The FA Handbook 2018-19 includes a 13-page section entitled “Working with Intermediaries Regulations”, which indicates that family relationships between club employees and intermediaries are prohibited.

Despite this restriction, in the FA’s most recently published list of intermediary transactions, James Warnock is listed as acting for both the player and the club as a representative of USM…

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/neil ... -kb9zqh8v8

This could be interesting as I'm sure a few clubs would be guilty of this

Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:47 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Isnt this similar to what Wolves do :?

its laughable. seen a Wolves fan wearing a top with MENDES on the back.

last week it was best friends with Mckay , this week its his son. Dalman was spot on..VENDETTA

Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:53 pm

Im sure if you look at most if not all clubs you will find issues with agents/managers/directors/chairman etc football is a massively corrupt game sadly, to much money for it to not be.

I read a book last year called "the secret agent" which is along the same lines of the secret footballer books. A lot like them it doesn't name names but tells you a lot about the dodgy deals of agents/players/managers and how they operate. Nothing would surprise me after reading that and the "secret agent" was one of them involved when Luton had that huge points deduction.

Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:25 pm

Must be a really slow news week to be going to print with this load of bollocks because as I see it there is no case to answer here. I have just looked over the 13 pages of "Working with Intermediaries" in this years FA Handbook and whilst this clause is in the text:

An interest for the purposes of clauses (a) and (b) above includes an interest of:

(i) a spouse, child, stepchild, parent or sibling of the Intermediary, Player, Club Official or Manager (as applicable); and/or

Surely it doesn't apply here as both NW and his son are employees of Cardiff City and USM and neither has an "Interest" in ither company beyond being simple employees.

Words like scrutiny and accused are thrown around easily by areswipe journalists who know there is little justification for using them. Fake news if you ask me.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:52 pm

Another attempt by the media to derail our survival, they hate it that we are Welsh in an English league.

Shambolic attempts cause they're all VERY worried :bluescarf:

Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:10 pm

castleblue wrote:Must be a really slow news week to be going to print with this load of bollocks because as I see it there is no case to answer here. I have just looked over the 13 pages of "Working with Intermediaries" in this years FA Handbook and whilst this clause is in the text:

An interest for the purposes of clauses (a) and (b) above includes an interest of:

(i) a spouse, child, stepchild, parent or sibling of the Intermediary, Player, Club Official or Manager (as applicable); and/or

Surely it doesn't apply here as both NW and his son are employees of Cardiff City and USM and neither has an "Interest" in ither company beyond being simple employees.

Words like scrutiny and accused are thrown around easily by areswipe journalists who know there is little justification for using them. Fake news if you ask me.

It is clause 4b which is relevant in the regulations. This applies to employees who can influence financial and management decisions. Neil Warnock can clearly do that and this is where the breach lies.

The regulations were changed in 2015 so did not have the same wording in 2011 when there were questions asked about dealings between QPR and the manager`s son`s employers and 2014 when similar questions were asked when he was manager of Crystal Palace.

Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:28 pm

Sounds like the backlash of the Sala deal has started, wonder who tipped them off, doesn’t really take a genius to work out, maybe he’s sour with the HMRC winding up order and amount of crap he’s got himself recently

Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:41 pm

ccfcsince1962 wrote:
castleblue wrote:Must be a really slow news week to be going to print with this load of bollocks because as I see it there is no case to answer here. I have just looked over the 13 pages of "Working with Intermediaries" in this years FA Handbook and whilst this clause is in the text:

It is clause 4b which is relevant in the regulations. This applies to employees who can influence financial and management decisions. Neil Warnock can clearly do that and this is where the breach lies.

The regulations were changed in 2015 so did not have the same wording in 2011 when there were questions asked about dealings between QPR and the manager`s son`s employers and 2014 when similar questions were asked when he was manager of Crystal Palace.

So you are saying 100% that NW has breached these regulations if that is the case then the FA are negligent as this "Story" says that the FA published the fact that his son acted for both player and the club.

That can only mean that his son has fully complied with the regulations and declared the fact so why has the FA failed to take any action ? They were clearly aware.

Look I understand that if a National Association receives a compliant they, as a minimum, have to look at things but if you ask me the "Scrutiny" will take about as long as it takes a kettle to boil.

Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:36 pm

As Warnock is travelling to Argentina to attend Emi’s funeral the timing of this is insensitive at best, the Times should be ashamed of themselves and will probably lose all 3 City fans as readers

Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:37 pm

ccfcsince1962 wrote:

someone has it in for him, and whoever it is best hope that poking sticks at anything Cardiff City does not awaken the ogre Tan..
nobody but nobody does vendetta or payback like Vinnie

Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:46 pm

snoopystorm wrote:Sounds like the backlash of the Sala deal has started, wonder who tipped them off, doesn’t really take a genius to work out, maybe he’s sour with the HMRC winding up order and amount of crap he’s got himself recently

I’m guessing our friend Willie?

Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:06 pm

there is a clear conflict of interest if warnock is buying players and the club is paying his son to facilitate transfers. he is going to want to give him business if possible. ferguson was the same. he gave plenty of business to his friends and family but because of his standing in the game it was rarely brought up.

as always, this would not be as much an issue if clubs were banned from paying directly paying fees to agents, and instead were paid as a fixed percentage of a players salary.

Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:17 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Another attempt by the media to derail our survival, they hate it that we are Welsh in an English league.

Shambolic attempts cause they're all VERY worried :bluescarf:

Oh come on I never seen any indication the media hate us because we are Welsh. The story may be not paticularly helpful to Cardiff City but it could just as easily be about QPR or Bolton it got nothing to do with us being Welsh. You surely can't think that the media are desperate to see us relegated because we are Welsh. Were they desperate for Swansea to be relegated as well can't say I noticed.

Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:04 pm

Am I missing something here? Does it say some agents are complaining? AGENTS ARE COMPLAINING!!! Well welcome to the real world. How do they think most football fans feel about them??? I wonder why this has become a topic now? :banghead:

Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:46 pm

Football is a dirty business, and that's not exclusive to Cardiff City. As pointed out above there's been many managers with Family acting as agents.

Harry Redknapp had his dog on the payroll, and now he's King of the Jungle.

Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:17 pm

There are rules regarding agents?

Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:43 pm

snoopystorm wrote:Sounds like the backlash of the Sala deal has started, wonder who tipped them off, doesn’t really take a genius to work out, maybe he’s sour with the HMRC winding up order and amount of crap he’s got himself recently

;)

Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:14 pm

The media are trying to create a soap-opera out of what is happening around the club. We're just relevant to them at the moment; but if they looked around every other club in the Premier League they'd find the exact same thing.

It is a non-story until there are more solid rules of governance on agents

Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:17 pm

bluebird1972 wrote:As Warnock is travelling to Argentina to attend Emi’s funeral the timing of this is insensitive at best, the Times should be ashamed of themselves and will probably lose all 3 City fans as readers

Extremely insensitive. It won't go unnoticed. This smells like someone trying to shift the blame off themselves... We all have a good idea who that may be.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:57 am

BrightBlueFuture wrote:The media are trying to create a soap-opera out of what is happening around the club. We're just relevant to them at the moment; but if they looked around every other club in the Premier League they'd find the exact same thing.

This is true,just been on Southampton forum,they are creaming over this story,saying they are now safe,cos they (us) will definitely be deducted points for this :roll: their fans are horrid little people,especially around the sala tragedy, scummy c***s :twisted:

Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:18 am

bluesince62 wrote:
BrightBlueFuture wrote:The media are trying to create a soap-opera out of what is happening around the club. We're just relevant to them at the moment; but if they looked around every other club in the Premier League they'd find the exact same thing.

This is true,just been on Southampton forum,they are creaming over this story,saying they are now safe,cos they (us) will definitely be deducted points for this :roll: their fans are horrid little people,especially around the sala tragedy, scummy c***s :twisted:

Nice bit of tarring everyone with the same brush there, fella! :oops:

Their support and Forum(s) are no different to ours; there will be good, bad and indifferent amongst them; and that will include the odd foul-mouthed ignoramus that thinks 1 = all ;)

Otherwise, pretty much a non story! :thumbright:

Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:24 am

Tell you whats doing the rounds, Warnocks older son is not only the agent for the majority of the players we sign, his youngest son is also in our academy

the other players that get signed many are McKay's and we had his two sons
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:56 am

Morrison was bought by ole, for all we know Warnock son may be a real good player.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:00 pm

don't see the big woop. mendes has single handedly built wolves in to a top 7/10 team, signing established champions league players for a then championship side - completely unrealistic signings and on mental money, quite clearly not right there yet no one did anything about it. mckay may have done something wrong here re sala, but cant see warnock having done so.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:07 pm

Bollocks to you all, for me NEIL WARNOCK is our best manager I have seen us have in my 47 years of following Cardiff City :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

United a fan base destroyed by Tan & the Red Brigade :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Saved us from near relegation to league 1 without money :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Promoted us to the Premier League on a small budget :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Keeping our hopes up of staying up with amazing battling displays from his Trojans :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Brought a togetherness at City and atmosphere, never seen before :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

:bluebird: :bluebird: " NEIL WARNOCK WILL FOR ME ALWAYS BE REMEMBERED AS A GREAT CARDIFF CITY MANAGER " :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:10 pm

Calzaghes trainset wrote:Morrison was bought by ole, for all we know Warnock son may be a real good player.

He was and Sean Morrison a great signing, too! :thumbright: :clap:

Don't see the issue with anyone's son being in the Academy either. Those who are good enough will progress... :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Bollocks to you all, for me NEIL WARNOCK is our best manager I have seen us have in my 47 years of following Cardiff City :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

United a fan base destroyed by Tan & the Red Brigade :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Saved us from near relegation to league 1 without money :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Promoted us to the Premier League on a small budget :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Keeping our hopes up of staying up with amazing battling displays from his Trojans :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Brought a togetherness at City and atmosphere, never seen before :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

:bluebird: :bluebird: " NEIL WARNOCK WILL FOR ME ALWAYS BE REMEMBERED AS A GREAT CARDIFF CITY MANAGER " :bluebird: :bluebird:

bollocks to you too sunshine.

he's the best manager in my lifetime, but his only remuneration should be his salary, and any agreed bonuses. we are also entitled to a manager that operates solely in the interests of cardiff city. if he doesn't have a case to answer then that's fine. but it's also fine to ask valid questions. this isn't north korea.

his remuneration also should not extend to giving his sons places in our academy as a perk of the job. it's not just warnock, the club has a history of putting connected people in the academy who aren't good enough. places should allocated to the best prospects in the locality because that's what the academy is for.