Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Summer transfer plans

Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:26 pm

A couple of wins have got my dreaming, but if we were to stay up what positions do we need to fill? For me it would be:
RB definitely
Young CB to bring through as Bamba gets older
CDM to replace/cover Gunnarson
As well as bringing in the loan players permanently.

Re: Summer transfer plans

Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:05 pm

If we don't stay up we need the same positions I think. The difference will be the quality we fill them with.

Although right back ... Depends on jazz. If he is fit then pelts and him would be absolutely fine for the championship

Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:26 pm

If we don't stay up our midfield will be a massive rebuilding job. Camarasa, Arter and Gunnarson will all leave/ won't sign permanently. If we were to go down it would surprise me if we had the resources to buy any players which didn't go to fill the midfield.

Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:35 pm

welshrarebit wrote:If we don't stay up we need the same positions I think. The difference will be the quality we fill them with.

Although right back ... Depends on jazz. If he is fit then pelts and him would be absolutely fine for the championship

I think Jazz is finished with us. My own personal opinion is that he’s played his lady game for us.

Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:08 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
welshrarebit wrote:If we don't stay up we need the same positions I think. The difference will be the quality we fill them with.

I think Jazz is finished with us. My own personal opinion is that he’s played his lady game for us.

Im sure his contract expires at the end of the season so I don't see Warnock renewing it considering he's spent most of his time on the treatment table. Shame really as I thought he was actually a very good player when fit and could play RB and LB, but it just hasn't worked out.

Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:13 pm

We need players for most outfield positions, wide positions up front are covered. In the unlikely event we do go down at least the club will have the parachute payment go play with

Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:00 pm

The biggest transfer plan will be a new manager, if neil decides to call it a day which i think he will.

Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:16 pm

Too early to talk about this ( IMO ) - Wait and see where we are ( Even if i did say we would stay up - July 2018 ) ;)

Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:02 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Too early to talk about this ( IMO ) - Wait and see where we are ( Even if i did say we would stay up - July 2018 ) ;)

:thumbup:

if ever were a truer word spoken.

Don't want to be negative as our defense is outstanding at times, but we give away soft goals at this level.

12 Cup Finals, and the odds are still against us despite our last 2 results.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:46 am

Not suggesting we will go down or stay up. I'm really just curious about what people think are the positions which need improving. Personally love the team as I don't think I've ever known a team to have as much character. It's just a question as we have a squad of players in their prime or just past it and I would really like to know where others would start in building/ rebuilding the team for the future.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:40 am

I think if we stay up or go down the positions are the same really. Just the quality and cost will vary.