Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Cardiff may sue Nantes for negligence over Sala?

Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:44 pm

nins27 wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:
nins27 wrote:How can some say this will pull the club apart ffs do you have a crystal ball, why should it pull the club apart? the club as never been as strong as it is now, We have a strong boardroom, strong manager, and fans united as one.

Exactly mate few of the usual suspects on here who haven’t a clue, if we stay up all will soon be forgotten and everyone will be jumping on the glory wagon.

Yes it is the same few that are making stupid remarks. On page one, one off them said we should pay up by the second page he as tried to worm out off it , just let the club and their legal team sort out the off field issue , and as fans lets get behind the team and club .

Great post,cardiff know the behind the scenes contract situations and if they have frozen the payment its for a reason

Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:09 pm

We all know that the contracts transferring Sala to Cardiff City were signed because the images were posted on the clubs website, but signing a contract does not mean the transfer has been completed.

For the transfer to be completed there would be at least 2 things that must happen before the transfer is finalised or "Completed". Firstly both club must upload ALL documents relating to the transfer onto the FIFA Transfer Matching System, then the National Association the player is moving too must request an International Transfer Certificate, if required, from the National Association he is moving from.

The question is at the time of his tragic death had the ITC been received by The FA for the transfer of Emiliano Sala from Nantes to Cardiff City? I believe the only interest The Welsh FA would have in this transfer is to get a copy of the ITC for their records. The reality is that for the last 8 years The FA have had jurisdiction of the Welsh clubs playing in the English pyramid system and player registrations, discipline etc will be central to that.

Another massive consideration here is if the transfer was not completed he was not a Cardiff City player so why on earth would our clubs insurers accept liability for a player registered with another club. Surely our club would only cover players, in terms of insurance,they are actually "Paying".

I am also 100% sure that the contracts that were signed will have included a clause outlining that any monies due would be paid within 5 days of the transfer being completed. In this case it appears to be a first payment of £5m but I ask you if you were buying a house and you had signed the contract but the house burned down before the sale had been completed would you pay?

A man has lost his life in tragic circumstances and in sporting terms a valuable asset of either Nantes or Cardiff City has been lost but until such time that the exact status of this transfer is established then our club shouldn't pay a penny. However if it is clearly established the transfer had been completed then our club owes Nantes £15m.

I will be disappointed if lawyers representing our club are sending out letters as alleged in the Daily Mail, in my opinion it's crass and flies in the face of the way our club has managed this tragedy to date. So is it true?

I for one hope not.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:14 pm

wez1927 wrote:
nins27 wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:
nins27 wrote:How can some say this will pull the club apart ffs do you have a crystal ball, why should it pull the club apart? the club as never been as strong as it is now, We have a strong boardroom, strong manager, and fans united as one.

Exactly mate few of the usual suspects on here who haven’t a clue, if we stay up all will soon be forgotten and everyone will be jumping on the glory wagon.

Yes it is the same few that are making stupid remarks. On page one, one off them said we should pay up by the second page he as tried to worm out off it , just let the club and their legal team sort out the off field issue , and as fans lets get behind the team and club .

Great post,cardiff know the behind the scenes contract situations and if they have frozen the payment its for a reason

The thing is wez none of use know whats going on behind the scenes , but for some to say the club should pay up is beyond me. I dont now what our clubs legal time is looking in to but Tan is not a rich man because he is not a very clever man and he will go down every av-anew like he did with Milky Mc, and it seems to be the same ones that was on Tans back for that are the ones saying we should pay up i trust our club to do the right thing when the time is right and not before, keep up the good work Cardiff city fc .

Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:20 pm

castleblue wrote:We all know that the contracts transferring Sala to Cardiff City were signed because the images were posted on the clubs website, but signing a contract does not mean the transfer has been completed.

For the transfer to be completed there would be at least 2 things that must happen before the transfer is finalised or "Completed". Firstly both club must upload ALL documents relating to the transfer onto the FIFA Transfer Matching System, then the National Association the player is moving too must request an International Transfer Certificate, if required, from the National Association he is moving from.

The question is at the time of his tragic death had the ITC been received by The FA for the transfer of Emiliano Sala from Nantes to Cardiff City? I believe the only interest The Welsh FA would have in this transfer is to get a copy of the ITC for their records. The reality is that for the last 8 years The FA have had jurisdiction of the Welsh clubs playing in the English pyramid system and player registrations, discipline etc will be central to that.

Another massive consideration here is if the transfer was not completed he was not a Cardiff City player so why on earth would our clubs insurers accept liability for a player registered with another club. Surely our club would only cover players, in terms of insurance,they are actually "Paying".

I am also 100% sure that the contracts that were signed will have included a clause outlining that any monies due would be paid within 5 days of the transfer being completed. In this case it appears to be a first payment of £5m but I ask you if you were buying a house and you had signed the contract but the house burned down before the sale had been completed would you pay?

A man has lost his life in tragic circumstances and in sporting terms a valuable asset of either Nantes or Cardiff City has been lost but until such time that the exact status of this transfer is established then our club shouldn't pay a penny. However if it is clearly established the transfer had been completed then our club owes Nantes £15m.

I will be disappointed if lawyers representing our club are sending out letters as alleged in the Daily Mail, in my opinion it's crass and flies in the face of the way our club has managed this tragedy to date. So is it true?

I for one hope not.

.Tanks for that as the ones that keep on saying pay up should be able to understand your post, great post by the way.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:37 pm

nins27 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
nins27 wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:

The thing is wez none of use know whats going on behind the scenes , but for some to say the club should pay up is beyond me. I dont now what our clubs legal time is looking in to but Tan is not a rich man because he is not a very clever man and he will go down every av-anew like he did with Milky Mc, and it seems to be the same ones that was on Tans back for that are the ones saying we should pay up i trust our club to do the right thing when the time is right and not before, keep up the good work Cardiff city fc .

Well said :thumbup: . It seems like some people would welcome instability rather than sticking behind the club. From what I’ve read, it sounds as though the club are absolutely doing the right thing :bluescarf:

Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:39 pm

nins27 wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:

Well said that man.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:43 pm

Dazzy wrote:
nins27 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
nins27 wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:

Well said :thumbup: . It seems like some people would welcome instability rather than sticking behind the club. From what I’ve read, it sounds as though the club are absolutely doing the right thing :bluescarf:

Yes wez there are but the are the minority some people are on their own agenda with the club and well never be happy as long as Tan is the owner. hay ho thats life .

Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:44 pm

castleblue wrote:We all know that the contracts transferring Sala to Cardiff City were signed because the images were posted on the clubs website, but signing a contract does not mean the transfer has been completed.

I for one hope not.

all our transfers still have to go through the FAW. and have to have international clearance.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:11 pm

RageJon wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Help us avoid Emiliano Sala payment: Cardiff seek Premier League clubs' advice on escaping £15m transfer fee

Daily Mail

16/02/19

Cardiff City have contacted other Premier League clubs in an attempt to establish whether there may be grounds to avoid paying the full £15million transfer fee being demanded by Nantes for Emiliano Sala, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.

Letters sent in the past few days by lawyers acting for the club request help in ‘fighting off Nantes’ legal claim’, according to one source. They ask clubs for assistance in ‘sharing your knowledge of Sala as a player’.

The correspondence from a Cardiff law firm describes Sala as ‘the player that Cardiff tried to sign’, phrasing which makes it clear that the club believe they may not have to pay all — or indeed any — of the record transfer fee.

Details of the letters — which Cardiff on Saturday confirmed were sent — emerged as manager Neil Warnock and chief executive Ken Choo arrived in Argentina for the player’s wake and funeral.

The Mail on Sunday can reveal that Cardiff’s decision to approach Premier League clubs publicly linked with Sala is partly motivated by transfer broker Willie McKay’s admission in an email to the striker that he had sought to artificially inflate the price. McKay told Sala he had told the media of rival interest ‘just to stimulate interest in you’.

The club are seeking to establish whether there was indeed any interest at all from other clubs. McKay’s email to Sala listed Everton and West Ham as clubs he had linked the player to, though Crystal Palace, Fulham, Burnley and Wolves were also reported to be keen.

Seems they are going to go after the agents

But,
My big worry is Wez, in my opinion the agents are totally corrupt and know how to go under at the right time.

The whole situation stinks !!
AAIB have to recover the plane to provide a full investigation.
1. If it was mechanical
2. Pilot error
Meanwhile everyone wants money.

Owner gets the money for the plane
We get insurance for Sala
We pay Nantes for Sala

Wages and extras are down to us unless

1. Pilot officially shouldn't be flying also in massive amount of dept / holds life insurance
2. Agents proved to not follow policies and procedures
3. Aircraft was not fit for transport *** go after the company.

Determine factor is recovering the plane and process of elimination.

Otherwise we have to pay up !!!

Sending emails will just help from other clubs to prove agents were blackmailing/lying if you like that we have a club if you don't sign him now.

The agents are defiantly corrupt and I said before Sala could make history here and change the way agents can work in the future .

do not see how we get insurance from the plane.
owner gets mony for plane
next of kin get get money for Sala.
employer of said player gets zero..

insurance for career ending injuries , illnesses or death has to be down to the club.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:20 pm

I for one hope not.

whats been mentioned is PL registration not being completed..i doubt all this time has passed without either our club or Nantes making the 2 phone calls required to establish registrations, and in fact the non registration with the PL points towards they have made them.

the letter to PL clubs and the PL registration seems like grasping at straws to me. due to not having adequate insurance.. Annis said something along the lines of, heads will roll over it last week..i tend to agree.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:22 pm

dogfound wrote:

I for one hope not.

all our transfers still have to go through the FAW. and have to have international clearance.

Yes but only the International Transfer Certificate not the player registration as that has been held by the FA for the last 8 years.

If you remember back about 10 years ago there was uproar in the English press about different discipline levels being applied by the FA and the FAW with the accusation the FAW were "Softer" on clubs like Cardiff and Swansea who play within the English pyramid system.

There was an agreement between the FA and FAW back in 2010 I believe where Welsh clubs were placed under the authority of the FA for registration and discipline purposes. Since that agreement the FAW only deal with registrations and discipline for players in the Welsh pyramid system.

However it is a FIFA requirement that the FAW hold and issue ITC for all players moving in and out of Wales.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:34 pm

castleblue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I for one hope not.

Yes but only the International Transfer Certificate not the player registration as that has been held by the FA for the last 8 years.

If you remember back about 10 years ago there was uproar in the English press about different discipline levels being applied by the FA and the FAW with the accusation the FAW were "Softer" on clubs like Cardiff and Swansea who play within the English pyramid system.

There was an agreement between the FA and FAW back in 2010 I believe where Welsh clubs were placed under the authority of the FA for registration and discipline purposes. Since that agreement the FAW only deal with registrations and discipline for players in the Welsh pyramid system.

However it is a FIFA requirement that the FAW hold and issue ITC for all players moving in and out of Wales.

correct, and the FAW confirmed within a day or 2 of the accident that they had received the international clearance for Sala.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:51 pm

dogfound wrote:
RageJon wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Help us avoid Emiliano Sala payment: Cardiff seek Premier League clubs' advice on escaping £15m transfer fee

Daily Mail

16/02/19

Cardiff City have contacted other Premier League clubs in an attempt to establish whether there may be grounds to avoid paying the full £15million transfer fee being demanded by Nantes for Emiliano Sala, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.

Letters sent in the past few days by lawyers acting for the club request help in ‘fighting off Nantes’ legal claim’, according to one source. They ask clubs for assistance in ‘sharing your knowledge of Sala as a player’.

The correspondence from a Cardiff law firm describes Sala as ‘the player that Cardiff tried to sign’, phrasing which makes it clear that the club believe they may not have to pay all — or indeed any — of the record transfer fee.

Details of the letters — which Cardiff on Saturday confirmed were sent — emerged as manager Neil Warnock and chief executive Ken Choo arrived in Argentina for the player’s wake and funeral.

The Mail on Sunday can reveal that Cardiff’s decision to approach Premier League clubs publicly linked with Sala is partly motivated by transfer broker Willie McKay’s admission in an email to the striker that he had sought to artificially inflate the price. McKay told Sala he had told the media of rival interest ‘just to stimulate interest in you’.

The club are seeking to establish whether there was indeed any interest at all from other clubs. McKay’s email to Sala listed Everton and West Ham as clubs he had linked the player to, though Crystal Palace, Fulham, Burnley and Wolves were also reported to be keen.

But,
My big worry is Wez, in my opinion the agents are totally corrupt and know how to go under at the right time.

1. If it was mechanical
2. Pilot error

We pay Nantes for Sala

1. Pilot officially shouldn't be flying also in massive amount of dept / holds life insurance

Sending emails will just help from other clubs to prove agents were blackmailing/lying if you like that we have a club if you don't sign him now.

The agents are defiantly corrupt and I said before Sala could make history here and change the way agents can work in the future .

insurance for career ending injuries , illnesses or death has to be down to the club.

Isn't that what I have wrote ? :roll:

Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:56 pm

RageJon wrote:
dogfound wrote:
RageJon wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Daily Mail

16/02/19

But,

1. If it was mechanical
2. Pilot error

We pay Nantes for Sala

Isn't that what I have wrote ? :roll:

Sorry just read that again

Next of kin gets salas insurance ie his life insurance he takes out
If the plane is paid out it's goes to the owner .. That's if it isn't illegally flown.
Cardiff take out there own cover to cover the price of a player

It's wages that don't seem to be accountable.

Salas next of kin doesn't get the 15 million owed to Nantes

Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:01 pm

dogfound wrote:
castleblue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I for one hope not.

correct, and the FAW confirmed within a day or 2 of the accident that they had received the international clearance for Sala.

Well I missed that statement got a link to it?

Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:55 pm

castleblue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
castleblue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I for one hope not.

I am sure I read it , had a quick look but it was within an article as it wasn't exactly earth shattering compared to him being missing at the time. will look tomorrow more thorough when I have time.

Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:22 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:I keep saying that this is a matter for the lawyers now .

It might go on for years and there'll be all sorts of cross allegations and counter claims. They'll try any argument which they think might further their respective clients cases, and it'll all have very little to do with common sense or right and wrong.

Anyone who tries to call it at this stage or second guess the next dramatic claim or even follow the case without legal qualifications and experience will risk a slow and tormented decline into insanity.

My advice would be to let them get on with their frankly dirty business without getting upset about it or taking sides in the coming legal free for all cause it's not Cardiff City involved but their lawyers and insurers at this point.

Agree with this, it's like trying to second guess Brexit 2 years ago, we knew the basic principles, but the outcome would be played out elsewhere, and was much more complex than we initially thought.

Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:06 pm

Bluebina wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:I keep saying that this is a matter for the lawyers now .

It might go on for years and there'll be all sorts of cross allegations and counter claims. They'll try any argument which they think might further their respective clients cases, and it'll all have very little to do with common sense or right and wrong.

Anyone who tries to call it at this stage or second guess the next dramatic claim or even follow the case without legal qualifications and experience will risk a slow and tormented decline into insanity.

My advice would be to let them get on with their frankly dirty business without getting upset about it or taking sides in the coming legal free for all cause it's not Cardiff City involved but their lawyers and insurers at this point.

Agree with this, it's like trying to second guess Brexit 2 years ago, we knew the basic principles, but the outcome would be played out elsewhere, and was much more complex than we initially thought.

consensus of opinion is it will run and run.

personally I think unless our board can come up with something more than the ifs buts and maybes its throwing around at the moment FIFA will step in and demand it sorted..

Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:42 pm

dogfound wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

personally I think unless our board can come up with something more than the ifs buts and maybes its throwing around at the moment FIFA will step in and demand it sorted..

At the time of death it looks like he was a Nantes player

Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:33 pm

wez1927 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

what exactly makes you think that Wez.

Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:59 pm

dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

what exactly makes you think that Wez.

Dalman said he wasnt registered as a cardiff player with the Premier league which makes the transfer not complete under fifa rules, so if hes not a cardiff player he is an Nantes player still ,I seen another post stating the rules on players only being able to be registered for one club ,i feel this could be the problem,looks like sala died instantly when the plane crashed which would of made him still a Nantes player at the time of his death ,I wonder if the insurance company's see this too ? I might be way off mark ,this is my opinion not fact yet btw

Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:51 pm

Throughout the unfolding of the tragedy, I had never been prouder of the fans and the club for the way we handled the situation. Now I am shocked at what is happening, if it is true. I have seen Emiliano in a city shirt and that is enough for me. This is disrespectful to Emiliano and his family. I hope that the club do the right thing and pay up.

Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:02 pm

WhitlandBluebird wrote:Throughout the unfolding of the tragedy, I had never been prouder of the fans and the club for the way we handled the situation. Now I am shocked at what is happening, if it is true. I have seen Emiliano in a city shirt and that is enough for me. This is disrespectful to Emiliano and his family. I hope that the club do the right thing and pay up.

The right thing and pay up ? Why ffs you do realise the fee to Nantes is only around 3 million the rest is to agents and his previous clubs 30 percent is to agents and the owner of Nantes tbecwholr deal stinks as well as that shity plane McKay put him on

Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:05 pm

WhitlandBluebird wrote:Throughout the unfolding of the tragedy, I had never been prouder of the fans and the club for the way we handled the situation. Now I am shocked at what is happening, if it is true. I have seen Emiliano in a city shirt and that is enough for me. This is disrespectful to Emiliano and his family. I hope that the club do the right thing and pay up.

It would be insane to pay out £15m if the player was not officially a Cardiff player. I am sure there will be no problem with Cardiff paying out anything that they are legally required to pay. However, it is a football club rather than a charity, and until the lawyers have delved into everything, I doubt that Cardiff are going to just make a kind donation of £15m to another football club unless legally bound to do so.

Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:10 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:

It would be insane to pay out £15m if the player was not officially a Cardiff player. I am sure there will be no problem with Cardiff paying out anything that they are legally required to pay. However, it is a football club rather than a charity, and until the lawyers have delved into everything, I doubt that Cardiff are going to just make a kind donation of £15m to another football club unless legally bound to do so.

Totally agree ,If he was not a cardiff player then let the greedy twats Nantes and McKay sort it out with there insurance

Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:30 pm

castleblue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
castleblue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I for one hope not.

failed to find where I originally read it but the mail article today says the same. along with claiming he had been registered in a squad submitted to the premier league.

personally ive never bought the doubt of ownership argument. if clubs can be stopped transferring players for being literally seconds late putting in paperwork the authorities know exactly which player is registered with which club.
this is an insurance /inadequate insurance problem.