Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' GARETH BALE SNUBBED TEAM-MATES SAYS '

Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:10 am

COURTOIS: GARETH BALE SNUBBED TEAM-MATES

Thibaut Courtois has criticised Real Madrid team-mate Gareth Bale for not adapting to the Spanish way of life and says the Welshman has been dubbed "the golfer" by the rest of the squad.

Speaking to Belgian newspaper HLN, Courtois said: "It is very hard to describe Gareth in one word. The golfer.

"I would say he has so much talent, but that it is such a shame that so often that talent is blocked from shining."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' GARETH BALE SNUBBED TEAM-MATES '

Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:13 am

Gareth Bale snubbed Real Madrid team-mates, says Thibaut Courtois

Sky Sports

18/02/19

Gareth Bale has been nicknamed 'the golfer' by his Real Madrid team-mates

Thibaut Courtois has criticised Real Madrid team-mate Gareth Bale for not adapting to the Spanish way of life, and says the Welsh winger has been dubbed "the golfer" by the rest of the squad.

Courtois says Bale recently snubbed his Madrid colleagues by preferring to have an early night rather than sitting down to a meal with the other players.

Bale, who reportedly spends most of his spare time on the golf course, has been continually linked with a move back from Spain to the Premier League.

When asked what the Madrid players call Bale, the goalkeeper answered: "The golfer."

Thibaut Courtois says he lives like someone born and bred in Madrid

Speaking to Belgian newspaper HLN, Courtois said: "It is very hard to describe Gareth in one word.

"I would say he has so much talent, but that it is such a shame that so often that talent is blocked from shining."

He added: "I live like somebody who is born and bred in Madrid. I eat late, I go bed late... it is their way of life.

"The other night we had a dinner with the entire squad.

Gareth Bale and Toni Kroos both missed a meal with team-mates

"But Bale and (Toni) Kroos did not turn up. They reckoned the dinner was too late at night.

"We had arranged to be in the restaurant at 9.30pm and we started out meal around 10.15pm and by midnight we were having coffee.

"We go to bed at around 1am. We have to train every morning at 11am. I think that is a perfect time.

"But Bale had told us 'I am not coming to join you, guys. I go to bed at 11'."

Courtois is not the first Real player to single Bale out for criticism after team-mate Marcelo revealed the winger still does not speak Spanish despite living in Madrid for six years.

Marcelo recently told Marca: "Bale does not speak [Spanish] as he only speaks English and we talk with gestures."

Re: ' GARETH BALE SNUBBED TEAM-MATES '

Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Gareth Bale snubbed Real Madrid team-mates, says Thibaut Courtois

Sky Sports

18/02/19

Gareth Bale has been nicknamed 'the golfer' by his Real Madrid team-mates

Thibaut Courtois has criticised Real Madrid team-mate Gareth Bale for not adapting to the Spanish way of life, and says the Welsh winger has been dubbed "the golfer" by the rest of the squad.

Courtois says Bale recently snubbed his Madrid colleagues by preferring to have an early night rather than sitting down to a meal with the other players.

Bale, who reportedly spends most of his spare time on the golf course, has been continually linked with a move back from Spain to the Premier League.

When asked what the Madrid players call Bale, the goalkeeper answered: "The golfer."

Thibaut Courtois says he lives like someone born and bred in Madrid

Speaking to Belgian newspaper HLN, Courtois said: "It is very hard to describe Gareth in one word.

He added: "I live like somebody who is born and bred in Madrid. I eat late, I go bed late... it is their way of life.

"The other night we had a dinner with the entire squad.

Gareth Bale and Toni Kroos both missed a meal with team-mates

"But Bale and (Toni) Kroos did not turn up. They reckoned the dinner was too late at night.

"We had arranged to be in the restaurant at 9.30pm and we started out meal around 10.15pm and by midnight we were having coffee.

"We go to bed at around 1am. We have to train every morning at 11am. I think that is a perfect time.

"But Bale had told us 'I am not coming to join you, guys. I go to bed at 11'."

Courtois is not the first Real player to single Bale out for criticism after team-mate Marcelo revealed the winger still does not speak Spanish despite living in Madrid for six years.

Marcelo recently told Marca: "Bale does not speak [Spanish] as he only speaks English and we talk with gestures."

I don't blame him, I wouldn't go for a meal at 11 till 1 either, he must think they're idiots.........

Re: ' GARETH BALE SNUBBED TEAM-MATES SAYS '

Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:14 pm

Football player goes to bed early.......................................... hardly earth shattering.

Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:52 pm

I lived in Seville and none of us British ex-pats adapted to their way of life.

Us Brits would be out early evening drinking and by the time we had enough of the drink the locals would start waking p from their siestas and then appear on the seen.

Many times I would walk back to my apartement after a night out at my local to collect a pizza on the way to only stop in the middle of the housing estate to take a bite of the pizza only to see a couple of biddies sitting outside their houses staring and having a laugh at the state of me. I bet they miss my visits.

Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:55 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:Football player goes to bed early.......................................... hardly earth shattering.

Maybe he's the more professional one. I mean look at how they're doing?! Need to all get an early night and in to training before 11! Slackers!

Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:43 pm

i would be kippo by 11 :lol: nevermind coffee at midnight.

Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:52 pm

Sounds like a cliquey prick. Just let people get on with their own routine you lanky tw*t.

Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:56 pm

nubbsy wrote:Sounds like a cliquey prick. Just let people get on with their own routine you lanky tw*t.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:04 pm

BarmyArmy1927 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:Sounds like a cliquey prick. Just let people get on with their own routine you lanky tw*t.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lol definately not just defending Bale because hes Welsh.

Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:COURTOIS: GARETH BALE SNUBBED TEAM-MATES

Thibaut Courtois has criticised Real Madrid team-mate Gareth Bale for not adapting to the Spanish way of life and says the Welshman has been dubbed "the golfer" by the rest of the squad.

Speaking to Belgian newspaper HLN, Courtois said: "It is very hard to describe Gareth in one word. The golfer.

Sum up Gareth Bale in one word Thibault.
"the golfer"...
Get to bed earlier mate

Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:01 pm

Much like Ramsey at Arsenal, unappreciated despite scoring vital goals when it matters.

Although it's not great he's not picked up Spanish.
But I really couldn't care less for a team like Real Madrid. Ramos embodies what they're about

Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:57 am

Why he didn't leave Madrid I don't no bale and Madrid don't go together anyway British players abroad rarely works out .
Tea at gone 10 what wrong with the people I can't sleep if I eat to late .
The fact he don't speak Spanish is bad not good as for the rest leave the man alone .
Get out of there Gareth all aseholes

Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:16 pm

Would be nice to see him back in the PL. I think United need him if they really want to make that push to be considered title contenders again.

On reflection he probably could have made a bit more of an effort to integrate over there after 6 or so years. Especially with not picking up the language in that time.. Might be why he's always been seen as a bit of an outcast there.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:28 pm

Would like to see him do a Bellemy some day and come and play for us, go down as an absolute hero then. You never know, be tidy that.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:49 pm

Gareth is clearly looking after himself and is a sensible bloke.

They refer to him as The Golfer - wow, that's mind blowingly creative. Better than labelling him The Wanker or something else insulting i suppose! :-)

This is likely to sound stereotypical/ jingoistic but Courtois has embraced the Med lifestyle - to be honest eating between 10pm and 1am doesn't sound great for the metabolism so i agree with Bales stance. I suppose that's great for a large proportion of the Spanish workforce who are not highly paid professional athletes and may factor in an afternoon siesta (sorry - another cliche!).

The only time I'd be eating that late is following a few sherbets then a trip down the curry house but I'd imagine those Real Madrid lads would be quaffing super healthy tapas / fish with zero alcohol.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:41 pm

Melsuttonholyboots wrote:Would like to see him do a Bellemy some day and come and play for us, go down as an absolute hero then. You never know, be tidy that.

It's is every Cardiff born's duty to play in the famous blue. What else can Bale possibly achieve in the game, other than returning the FA Cup to it's rightful home.