Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff throwing me under the bus / Emiliano Sala

Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:12 pm

Exclusive: Cardiff are trying to throw me under bus, says agent who brokered Emiliano Sala move from Nantes

Daily Telegraph

Monday 18th February 2019

A “livid” Willie McKay on Monday accused Cardiff City of “trying to throw me under the bus” as the bitter recriminations over the tragic transfer of Emiliano Sala intensified.

The man who brokered Sala’s move to the Welsh club lashed out at their owner, chairman and chief executive, claiming they were attempting to shift blame for the striker’s death in a plane crash on to “an easy target”.

As exclusively revealed by Telegraph Sport, Cardiff are ready to launch a negligence claim against Nantes if an official report finds the pilot who of the plane did not have the correct licence.

They are also prepared to sue McKay personally over his self-confessed bid to “create an interest” in the 28-year-old in what they consider to be potential price inflation.

And they have refused to rule out calling for the Football Association, Fifa and even the police to investigate the £15 million deal, on which they have frozen payments.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff throwing me under the bus / Emiliano Sala

Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:16 pm

Exclusive: Cardiff are trying to throw me under bus, says agent who brokered Emiliano Sala move from Nantes

Daily Telegraph

Monday 18th February 2019

A “livid” Willie McKay on Monday accused Cardiff City of “trying to throw me under the bus” as the bitter recriminations over the tragic transfer of Emiliano Sala intensified.

The man who brokered Sala’s move to the Welsh club lashed out at their owner, chairman and chief executive, claiming they were attempting to shift blame for the striker’s death in a plane crash on to “an easy target”.

As exclusively revealed by Telegraph Sport, Cardiff are ready to launch a negligence claim against Nantes if an official report finds the pilot who of the plane did not have the correct licence.

They are also prepared to sue McKay personally over his self-confessed bid to “create an interest” in the 28-year-old in what they consider to be potential price inflation.

With Sala’s cousin, Martin Gatti, claiming at the weekend that the striker “was killed”, and his ex-girlfriend, Berenice Schkair, appearing to restate an earlier call for the authorities to “investigate the football mafia” over his death, the fallout over his plane crash showed no sign of abating.

AGENT WILLIE McKAY:

McKay, who arranged the flight, came out fighting on Monday, insisting his “conscience was clear” and revealing he was “livid” over his treatment.

Accusing Cardiff owner Vincent Tan, chairman Mehmet Dalman and chief executive Ken Choo of “trying to throw me under the bus”, he told Telegraph Sport: “Cardiff City have shown no class at all.”

McKay had previously angered the club after releasing an email he had sent to Sala admitting planting “misleading” stories in the media about interest in him from teams including Everton and West Ham United.

He went further on Monday by providing Telegraph Sport with the contract between Nantes and his agent son, Mark, which confirmed the latter was due 10 per cent of any transfer fee – around £1.5 million.

The document also stipulates that McKay Jnr must “make every effort” to ensure the French club receive the full amount of that fee “as soon as possible”.

McKay confirmed, too, that he had spoken to the Air Accidents Investigations Branch about Sala’s fatal journey on Jan 21 and had produced a timeline of all previous private-jet trips arranged as part of the transfer.

This timeline, which he shared with Telegraph Sport, shows his son had organised and paid for two earlier flights to Nantes for Cardiff manager Neil Warnock to watch the striker and two between the cities for the player himself, the first for contract talks and the second for his medical.

McKay said: “The only flight everybody is talking about is the one that crashed, right? Cardiff knew everything [about every flight]. When are they going to come out and tell the truth?”

McKay confirmed none of the four previous journeys used the same Piper Malibu plane or pilot, who was drafted in to take Sala back to Nantes to say his farewells before returning him to the Welsh capital.

The Scot has repeatedly stressed he neither owns the doomed plane nor had any input into the selection of it or the pilot, Dave Ibbotson. Instead, he says, he simply asked one of his regular pilots, Dave Henderson, to make all the necessary arrangements.

He claimed on Monday he still not to know who owned the plane or whether Ibbotson – who had £23,400 in County Court Judgments against him – was licensed to make a commercial flight or had been paid anything more than expenses.

McKay said he routinely funded the flights and hotels of players he was contracted to sell – and even managers he was trying to sell them to – listing the practice among “gambles” he took in the hope of securing a lucrative payday.

He denied Sala had been overpriced, claiming Nantes were only due half his transfer fee because of a sell-on clause and that £15 million actually “wasn’t a good deal” for the French club.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:42 pm

Football mafia and killed mentioned again hmmm

Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:48 pm

well he was the one that put him on a tin can at night in bad conditions. who else can take responsibility.
the fact that this whole situation isnt being done privately is quite sad, this is someones life we are talking about.
:bluebird:

Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:01 pm

Hmmmm guilty conscience I’d say.......

BEEP AHM wrote:Football mafia and killed mentioned again hmmm

Why are people looking too much into the terminology, we’ve been through this on various other threads... yes he was killed in a plane crash

Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:04 pm

BarmyArmy1927 wrote:well he was the one that put him on a tin can at night in bad conditions. who else can take responsibility.
the fact that this whole situation isnt being done privately is quite sad, this is someones life we are talking about.

Exactly

Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:08 pm

BarmyArmy1927 wrote:well he was the one that put him on a tin can at night in bad conditions. who else can take responsibility.

My thoughts exactly

Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:13 pm

Even if Cardiff knew he had arranged a flight. It seems he was economical with how good that flight was.

"Don't worry I've sorted him transport"

Isn't the same as

"I've sorted a flight on a 30 or 40 year old single engine plane piloted by a guy who lacks a commercial pilots licence. They are flying in freezing conditions at night night FYI"

Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:15 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:

My thoughts exactly

Exactly. Even if we take away the emotion of him being a Cardiff player, I'd be saying the same thing. Responsibility lies with those who arranged the flight.

Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:16 pm

Slightly off the subject but in regards to the aircraft since that crash 2 other piper malibus have been AAIB due to pilot error allegedly!! This month

Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:44 pm

I think most of us have thought the same. , but due to the tragic events have remained honourable. Why oh why was Emi put on that piece of shit. R. I. P.both victims. So sad.

Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:50 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

My thoughts exactly

Exactly. Even if we take away the emotion of him being a Cardiff player, I'd be saying the same thing. Responsibility lies with those who arranged the flight.

Id say just as much responsibility lies with the pilot. He didn't have the license and flew anyway, he also missjudged the risk assessment.

Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:03 pm

It seems that he’s pretty much confirmed that it was a commercial flight whilst attempting to distance himself from responsibility. If that’s the case, and the pilots license wasn’t fully valid, then there’s definitely a case against the organiser of the flight

Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:54 am

Dazzy wrote:It seems that he’s pretty much confirmed that it was a commercial flight whilst attempting to distance himself from responsibility. If that’s the case, and the pilots license wasn’t fully valid, then there’s definitely a case against the organiser of the flight

yes quite shocked at this, the texts suggest a favour for Sala and I thought he would go down that route.

also showed the telegraph a contract which stipulates getting the money ASAP ? does not sound right either.he is throwing himself under a bus.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:08 am

The way I see it is that McKay has sort of undone himself with leaked info that he was actively pushing the price up. We all sort of understand it’s hsppening but when an agent puts into public domain I think the club has the right to question it. We agreed a price without the knowledge the agent was ramping it up until McKay comes out with texts.

Also on point of transfer, IF the transfer is pending international clearance then they can’t register as their player, can they? He certainly can’t play without it. so is the club questioning that? We know we signed him, but if he wasn’t registered due to pending clearance where would or could that leave the situation?

Apologies if this is or has been covered elsewhere

Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:35 am

The heading of this topic should read:

Cardiff throwing me under the bus / WILLIE McKAY

Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:57 am

jimmy_rat wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

My thoughts exactly

He's saying it was Dave Henderson that organised it

Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:37 am

Bluebina wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

My thoughts exactly

yep, complaining that we are saying he organised it { throwing him under a bus }

and his nxt sentence he says it was Henderson { throwing Henderson under the bus }

not sure where any of this gets us though.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:46 am

Bit more messy confound.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:50 am

Bluebina wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

My thoughts exactly

Who asked Dave Henderson, him? Pretty sure it wasn't the club!

Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:52 am

jimmy_rat wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

My thoughts exactly

Exactly, if the supporters club asks an organised firm like Edwards coaches to take supporters to an away trip and there is an accident, it's Edwards coaches responsibility and probably correctly insured and able to carry passengers with a qualified coach driver.

If the Supporters club then ring their mate Dave who has a PCV licence and can borrow the odd coach and maybe get one of his mates to drive it, who is a plumber but sometimes drives a coach as a hobby, who says he is a bit rusty, and it's a terrible driving conditions with ice and freezing temperatures, and then there's is an accident, then who is to blame?

Lots to look into, this will go on for years !!!!

Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:59 am

Bluebina wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

My thoughts exactly

Exactly, if the supporters club asks an organised firm like Edwards coaches to take supporters to an away trip and there is an accident, it's Edwards coaches responsibility and probably correctly insured and able to carry passengers with a qualified coach driver.

If the Supporters club then ring their mate Dave who has a PCV licence and can borrow the odd coach and maybe get one of his mates to drive it, who is a plumber but sometimes drives a coach as a hobby, who says he is a bit rusty, and it's a terrible driving conditions with ice and freezing temperatures, and then there's is an accident, then who is to blame?

Lots to look into, this will go on for years !!!!

Excellent analogy except would be better explained by the supporters club (Sala) asking Edwards coaches (Willie) who then asked their mate Dave (Henderson).

At no point is the club involved. Their offer was rejected.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:19 pm

dogfound wrote:
Dazzy wrote:It seems that he’s pretty much confirmed that it was a commercial flight whilst attempting to distance himself from responsibility. If that’s the case, and the pilots license wasn’t fully valid, then there’s definitely a case against the organiser of the flight

yes quite shocked at this, the texts suggest a favour for Sala and I thought he would go down that route.

also showed the telegraph a contract which stipulates getting the money ASAP ? does not sound right either.he is throwing himself under a bus.

I'd like to volunteer to drive the bus

Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:59 pm

Alan_in_China wrote:The heading of this topic should read:

Cardiff throwing me under the bus / WILLIE McKAY

Well said aic :ayatollah: f*cking him,he threw two mens lives away,by putting them in that position, dodgy c**t. :bluescarf:

Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:23 am

Aye! A Double f***king Decker bus. Knb of a man.