Willie McKay launches extraordinary newspaper broadside at

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:03 am

Willie McKay launches extraordinary newspaper broadside at Cardiff City over Emiliano Sala tragedy

By Tom Coleman

Tuesday 19th February 2019

Willie McKay, the football agent at the centre of Emiliano Sala's move to Cardiff City, has claimed the club are 'trying to throw him under the bus' over the tragedy.

In an interview with the Daily Telegraph, McKay has hit out at Cardiff's treatment and claims he has been left livid by their actions.

McKay's extraordinary interview will annoy and possibly anger Cardiff officials who have done everything they can to do things correctly since the tragedy. They have launched their own investigation to try to establish the facts of what happened, with McKay's role a key part of the inquiry.

The club's lawyers are currently seeking clarification from West Ham, Everton and Crystal Palace over whether their alleged interest in the striker was genuine.

Cardiff have frozen payments on the proposed £15million deal while their investigation continues, but McKay, who also arranged the doomed flight across the Channel, has told the Telegraph that his "conscience was clear".

McKay has also reportedly told the newspaper that he has spoken to the Air Accidents Investigations Branch about Sala’s fatal journey on January 21 and had also produced a timeline of every private jet trip made as part of the transfer.

This timeline supposedly shows that his son had organised and paid for two previous flights from Cardiff to Nantes for boss Neil Warnock to watch the striker in action, while another two were arranged for the player himself, allowing him to discuss terms and undergo a medical.

None of those journeys are believed to have been carried out in the same Piper Malibu plane that went down over the Channel.

McKay claims: “The only flight everybody is talking about is the one that crashed, right? Cardiff knew everything [about every flight]."

He has once again denied that he owned the plane, while also allegedly dismissing suggestions that he had any influence over its selection or that of pilot David Ibbotson, who still remains unaccounted for.

The Scot claimed to have attended Sala's funeral in Argentina at the weekend, where he allegedly met the player's brother, and says the club didn't do enough to help the Argentine.

He added: “I met Emiliano the same amount of times as they [Cardiff officials] met him. I organised his flight. I tried to help him.

“They booked him one room at the St David’s Hotel [in Cardiff]. That’s all they’ve done for him. And they’re trying to throw me under the bus.”

Meanwhile, investigators are currently preparing a release detailing their initial findings into the tragedy.

The interim report will largely focus on the initial findings of the Air Accident Investigation Branch, which has been studying the crash site for nearly four days.

Officials have already said that it may take up to a year to publish the full findings.
Attachments
0_willie.png
0_willie.png (987.61 KiB) Viewed 1121 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Willie McKay launches extraordinary newspaper broadside

Postby ccfcsince1962 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:43 am

Forever Blue wrote:Willie McKay launches extraordinary newspaper broadside at Cardiff City over Emiliano Sala tragedy

By Tom Coleman

Tuesday 19th February 2019

Willie McKay, the football agent at the centre of Emiliano Sala's move to Cardiff City, has claimed the club are 'trying to throw him under the bus' over the tragedy.

In an interview with the Daily Telegraph, McKay has hit out at Cardiff's treatment and claims he has been left livid by their actions.

McKay's extraordinary interview will annoy and possibly anger Cardiff officials who have done everything they can to do things correctly since the tragedy. They have launched their own investigation to try to establish the facts of what happened, with McKay's role a key part of the inquiry.

The club's lawyers are currently seeking clarification from West Ham, Everton and Crystal Palace over whether their alleged interest in the striker was genuine.

Cardiff have frozen payments on the proposed £15million deal while their investigation continues, but McKay, who also arranged the doomed flight across the Channel, has told the Telegraph that his "conscience was clear".

McKay has also reportedly told the newspaper that he has spoken to the Air Accidents Investigations Branch about Sala’s fatal journey on January 21 and had also produced a timeline of every private jet trip made as part of the transfer.

This timeline supposedly shows that his son had organised and paid for two previous flights from Cardiff to Nantes for boss Neil Warnock to watch the striker in action, while another two were arranged for the player himself, allowing him to discuss terms and undergo a medical.

None of those journeys are believed to have been carried out in the same Piper Malibu plane that went down over the Channel.

McKay claims: “The only flight everybody is talking about is the one that crashed, right? Cardiff knew everything [about every flight]."

He has once again denied that he owned the plane, while also allegedly dismissing suggestions that he had any influence over its selection or that of pilot David Ibbotson, who still remains unaccounted for.

The Scot claimed to have attended Sala's funeral in Argentina at the weekend, where he allegedly met the player's brother, and says the club didn't do enough to help the Argentine.

He added: “I met Emiliano the same amount of times as they [Cardiff officials] met him. I organised his flight. I tried to help him.

“They booked him one room at the St David’s Hotel [in Cardiff]. That’s all they’ve done for him. And they’re trying to throw me under the bus.”

Meanwhile, investigators are currently preparing a release detailing their initial findings into the tragedy.

The interim report will largely focus on the initial findings of the Air Accident Investigation Branch, which has been studying the crash site for nearly four days.

Officials have already said that it may take up to a year to publish the full findings.

I think I would take more notice of Willie McKay`s claims that CCFC "lacked class" if he wasn`t` a man with such a chequered history.

He has been banned from being an authorised intermediary to get involved in football transactions , but still clearly does.

He was made bankrupt 4 years ago and should have been discharged from bankruptcy restrictions after a year. However , after investigation , his behaviour was deemed to be so bad (including trying to hide assets from his creditors) that he had to agree to a further lengthy Bankruptcy Restriction Undertaking which doesn`t run out until August 2023.

He has admitted to nepotism , bragging that he helps his son Mark to do deals. Mark is a registered intermediary but has never mentioned to the people giving out the authority in his annual returns (needed each year to have his licence renewed)that he has had a company forced into liquidation back in 2017.

He has never made clear how he persuaded Neil Warnock to give two of his sons lucrative professional contracts at CCFC at levels well above their ability levels.

There are other matters as well which will undoubtedly come to light once investigations into this whole sordid affair are completed.
ccfcsince1962

Postby RICK+CCFC » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:47 am

Let Justice be done, Though the Heavens Fall!
RICK+CCFC

Postby snoopystorm » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:18 am

Personally I think MacKay is upset that certain other departments have looked into him, the HMRC would only investigate if they found something amiss and seems they have with his winding up order. Sounds like sour grapes from him, should have thought about all the implications before trying to pass blame and releasing/leaking emails about the deal to the papers
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
snoopystorm

Postby epping blue » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:42 am

snoopystorm wrote:Personally I think MacKay is upset that certain other departments have looked into him, the HMRC would only investigate if they found something amiss and seems they have with his winding up order. Sounds like sour grapes from him, should have thought about all the implications before trying to pass blame and releasing/leaking emails about the deal to the papers

I'm surprised his insurers are letting him talk so openly about this, unless of course !!!. I think he's setting himself up to be the fall guy here. That's him personally as opposed to the agency. Personally given he's not officially working he's unlikely to have any insurance to organise these trips. The questions over the plane , the pilot and the operator are not getting answered and wont go away. Not sure the owner makes a huge difference assuming their not responsible for the maintenance, the operator is key. That may be Henderson by default. To me they're seem to be trying to separate the flight from the deal.
epping blue

Postby dogfound » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:14 am

epping blue wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:Personally I think MacKay is upset that certain other departments have looked into him, the HMRC would only investigate if they found something amiss and seems they have with his winding up order. Sounds like sour grapes from him, should have thought about all the implications before trying to pass blame and releasing/leaking emails about the deal to the papers

I'm surprised his insurers are letting him talk so openly about this, unless of course !!!. I think he's setting himself up to be the fall guy here. That's him personally as opposed to the agency. Personally given he's not officially working he's unlikely to have any insurance to organise these trips. The questions over the plane , the pilot and the operator are not getting answered and wont go away. Not sure the owner makes a huge difference assuming their not responsible for the maintenance, the operator is key. That may be Henderson by default. To me they're seem to be trying to separate the flight from the deal.

they are not getting answered publicly which does not mean the AAIB do not have that info ?

the point about him setting himself up could well be true , first time ive seen it said and would make sense.
dogfound

Return to General Chat