Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Who the hell signed these two players? '

Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:31 am

jimmy_rat wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:There was go. I believe that article makes my point well.

"Others like former Leeds twins Jack and Paul McKay, Ibrahim Meite and Ciaron Brown — brought in from non-league — as well as Tyrone Duffus and Ogo Obi (formerly with other Premier League sides) have arrived to plug gaps, but between them none have made a league start for Cardiff.

Slow going then, but Warnock knew that when he began the clearout. The rewards are to come further down the line."

Cardiff City's youth overhaul analysed, their struggling Under-23s and the teenagers offering real hope for the future

"I don't feel the Under-23s has solved the problem it was brought in for," surmised Neil Warnock less than two months into his Cardiff City reign.

Not content with giving the Bluebirds' first team a much-needed shot in the arm after his October 2016 appointment, the veteran manager had his sights set on a complete overhaul of the youth set-up.

Warnock being Warnock, there were immediate changes.

Four days later, Under-23s manager Kevin Nicholson left the club. First team coaches Kevin Blackwell, Ronnie Jepson and James Rowberry were handed a more prominent role in youth development.

A week or so after that, Craig Bellamy rejoined the club as player development manager and Jarred Harvey took over the Under-23s set-up, joined in July 2017 by former Cardiff defender Andy Legg.

In the time since December 2016, 16 players under the age of 24 have left Cardiff City, either by having their contracts terminated or by mutual consent.

So, two years on, how much has actually changed?

Cardiff City youth guru Craig Bellamy (Image: Huw Evans Picture Agency)
The exodus

Nicholson cited that his departure was due to an "internal restructuring exercise".

The former Derby and Exeter coach wasn't the only one to leave during that turbulent time for the club's youth structure.

Semi Ajayi, Jamie Bird, Luke O'Reilly, Deji Oshilaja, Robbie Patten, Theo Wharton, Declan John, Oliver Byrne, Macauley Southam, Ashley Baker, Tom James, Tommy O'Sullivan, Eli Phipps, David Tutonda, Rollin Menayese and Jordan Blaise — that's the giant list of former Cardiff City Under-23 players to have departed in the past two years.

"I don't think players get anything out of their games," said Warnock, who wanted to reduce the average age of the Under-23s side.

He felt there were too many players aged 21, 22 or 23 taking up spots in the system when they were never going to make his first XI.

“We used to have the reserve leagues and play the pros who weren't in the first team with the young lads and you used to have competitive games. But it's almost like a five-a-side now – and unfortunately for these young lads they've been failed by the system," said Warock.

Neil Warnock at his first press conference with Club Chairman Mehmet Dalman.
“It's not a new thing from my point of view, I've written to the League Manager's Association and voiced my concerns to the PFA regarding it.

“I don't see the logic of it, and all the coaching that's involved, if we're not getting the players through.

“I don't think it's helping us and I don't think it's giving the younger players, the 18-year-olds, the right opportunities either.

“The lads in the 18s have to come up now, they have to have opportunities. Having so many Under-23s that aren't going to get in the first-team, I felt it needed restructuring, for the long-term future.”

The next Ramsey

The reason for the overhaul was simply that Warnock (and Bellamy) shared the frustrations of many Cardiff fans, who haven't seen a homegrown player graduate through the ranks into the first team since the side of Aaron Ramsey, Joe Ledley and Chris Gunter.

You might include Adam Matthews and Declan John in that bracket, but neither made a significant mark on the first team.

And it seems Wales boss Ryan Giggs isn't entirely comfortable with Cardiff's production line either.

"(Graham Potter) is doing a great job... Swansea are getting their heart and soul back because I think it's important to have local players," said the Wales boss last month.

"We just need Cardiff to start doing that now!"

Joe Ralls and Kadeem Harris came through the Cardiff Under-23s, but were signed from Farnborough and Wycombe respectively when they were still developing.

Joe Ralls, Kadeem Harris and Declan John all broke into the first team at one stage
Rhys Healey, another who was not originally produced by Cardiff's academy but developed by them, has been the biggest recent hope but he has just turned 24 and would appear to have found his level in League One or League Two.

The next stage of the Warnock and Bellamy overhaul was to promote Under-18s such as midfielder James Waite, forward Mark Harris and right-back Cameron Coxe into the Under-23s side.

Warnock has picked Waite to travel with the first-team squad in recent weeks and he played in pre-season at Rotherham, but he's not yet been included in the matchday 18.

Coxe is a player many still have high hopes for at Cardiff. Still just 19, he made his first team debut in last season's League Cup defeat to Burton but hasn't featured since and may benefit from a loan move.

Harris broke into the first-team picture at the end of the 2016/17 season when a mid-table Cardiff had little to play for, but his progress stalled.

James Waite in action for Cardiff City Under-23s versus Watford (Image: Carl Robertson (@ciacIMAGES), Cardiff City FC.)
The Welshman joined Newport County on loan in the summer but hasn't started a league game for the Exiles since their 6-0 defeat by Yeovil in mid-September.

Others like former Leeds twins Jack and Paul McKay, Ibrahim Meite and Ciaron Brown — brought in from non-league — as well as Tyrone Duffus and Ogo Obi (formerly with other Premier League sides) have arrived to plug gaps, but between them none have made a league start for Cardiff.

Slow going then, but Warnock knew that when he began the clearout. The rewards are to come further down the line.

The reality

Cardiff City's Under-23s compete in the Professional Development League, which replaced the Under-21 Professional Development League 2 from 2016/17, bringing together 21 Under-23 sides from 'Category Two' academies.

The teams are split into two regional divisions with a national play-off deciding who is named overall champions.

The competition is one academy tier below Premier League Two where the 24 'Category One' academy clubs play — including Swansea City's successful Under-23 side — and there is no promotion or relegation.

Becoming a 'Category One' academy is the only way Cardiff's youngsters could rub shoulders with Manchester United, Man City, Liverpool et al.

Not that their form has been anything to write home about — perhaps an expected byproduct of the club's long-term approach.

The Bluebirds youngsters have been competing in the south division of PDL for the past two and a half seasons, finishing third in 2016/17 and ninth in 2017/18. They currently sit seventh with just six wins since February.

The results in a tricky eight-month period

All Professional Development League fixtures unless stated

February 19 - Bristol City 1-0 Cardiff U23s

February 22 - Cardiff U23s 0-3 Blackburn (Premier League Cup)

March 8 - Cardiff U23s 2-1 Ipswich

March 13 - Crystal Palace 4-0 Cardiff U23s

March 19 - Cardiff U23s 0-3 Bolton

March 23 - Leeds 3-0 Cardiff U23s

March 29 - Colchester 0-3 Cardiff U23s

March 31 - Watford 0-4 Cardiff U23s (Premier League Cup)

April 4 - Ipswich 2-1 Cardiff U23s

April 9 - Cardiff U23s 0-2 Birmingham

April 12 - Cardiff U23s 0-1 Colchester

April 16 - Barnsley 1-1 Cardiff U23s

April 23 - Cardiff U23s 0-5 Nott'm Forest

My point is look who's sons they are? ? ?

Why would we just put bums on seats costing us money when we had just cleared out better players than these two and look who's sons they are ? ? ?

Surely the question is, how well do we know Mckay really?

But in the opinion of the Academy staff they were not better. We do not know the wages involved either. I can't imagine they are a lot more, if any. We needed bums on seats, as the article above states. That's why we had to sign somebody. It also says they were signed to plug a gap. This I can fully believe. And it even makes sense - as much as I'd have loved local young players. They just weren't there. That is what Warnock (including Bellamy) were trying to change... are trying to change!

Their father is of course the reason they are professional footballers and have a job. If my dad was a football agent there would be a greater chance I would too.

Your missing the point who's father are they?

We have virtually made out we don't know Willie Mckay?

Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:34 am

Reply on FB

Kevin O'Donnel:l I would like an answer to that as well. It is very concerning who brought them to Cardiff?

Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:34 am

Reply from FB

Chris Walters: This whole story has so much more to emerge..somebody is going to be in big trouble by the time all facts emerge..and whilst our fans will hate it I doubt we will emerge totally innocent..Our club know far more than it's currently letting on..outside parties from Nantes to agents pilots will also come under severe scrutiny

Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:37 am

Forever Blue wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

"Others like former Leeds twins Jack and Paul McKay, Ibrahim Meite and Ciaron Brown — brought in from non-league — as well as Tyrone Duffus and Ogo Obi (formerly with other Premier League sides) have arrived to plug gaps, but between them none have made a league start for Cardiff.

Slow going then, but Warnock knew that when he began the clearout. The rewards are to come further down the line."

Cardiff City's youth overhaul analysed, their struggling Under-23s and the teenagers offering real hope for the future

"I don't feel the Under-23s has solved the problem it was brought in for," surmised Neil Warnock less than two months into his Cardiff City reign.

Not content with giving the Bluebirds' first team a much-needed shot in the arm after his October 2016 appointment, the veteran manager had his sights set on a complete overhaul of the youth set-up.

Four days later, Under-23s manager Kevin Nicholson left the club. First team coaches Kevin Blackwell, Ronnie Jepson and James Rowberry were handed a more prominent role in youth development.

A week or so after that, Craig Bellamy rejoined the club as player development manager and Jarred Harvey took over the Under-23s set-up, joined in July 2017 by former Cardiff defender Andy Legg.

In the time since December 2016, 16 players under the age of 24 have left Cardiff City, either by having their contracts terminated or by mutual consent.

The exodus

Nicholson cited that his departure was due to an "internal restructuring exercise".

The former Derby and Exeter coach wasn't the only one to leave during that turbulent time for the club's youth structure.

Semi Ajayi, Jamie Bird, Luke O'Reilly, Deji Oshilaja, Robbie Patten, Theo Wharton, Declan John, Oliver Byrne, Macauley Southam, Ashley Baker, Tom James, Tommy O'Sullivan, Eli Phipps, David Tutonda, Rollin Menayese and Jordan Blaise — that's the giant list of former Cardiff City Under-23 players to have departed in the past two years.

"I don't think players get anything out of their games," said Warnock, who wanted to reduce the average age of the Under-23s side.

He felt there were too many players aged 21, 22 or 23 taking up spots in the system when they were never going to make his first XI.

“We used to have the reserve leagues and play the pros who weren't in the first team with the young lads and you used to have competitive games. But it's almost like a five-a-side now – and unfortunately for these young lads they've been failed by the system," said Warock.

“It's not a new thing from my point of view, I've written to the League Manager's Association and voiced my concerns to the PFA regarding it.

“I don't see the logic of it, and all the coaching that's involved, if we're not getting the players through.

“I don't think it's helping us and I don't think it's giving the younger players, the 18-year-olds, the right opportunities either.

“The lads in the 18s have to come up now, they have to have opportunities. Having so many Under-23s that aren't going to get in the first-team, I felt it needed restructuring, for the long-term future.”

The next Ramsey

The reason for the overhaul was simply that Warnock (and Bellamy) shared the frustrations of many Cardiff fans, who haven't seen a homegrown player graduate through the ranks into the first team since the side of Aaron Ramsey, Joe Ledley and Chris Gunter.

You might include Adam Matthews and Declan John in that bracket, but neither made a significant mark on the first team.

And it seems Wales boss Ryan Giggs isn't entirely comfortable with Cardiff's production line either.

"(Graham Potter) is doing a great job... Swansea are getting their heart and soul back because I think it's important to have local players," said the Wales boss last month.

Joe Ralls and Kadeem Harris came through the Cardiff Under-23s, but were signed from Farnborough and Wycombe respectively when they were still developing.

Joe Ralls, Kadeem Harris and Declan John all broke into the first team at one stage
Rhys Healey, another who was not originally produced by Cardiff's academy but developed by them, has been the biggest recent hope but he has just turned 24 and would appear to have found his level in League One or League Two.

The next stage of the Warnock and Bellamy overhaul was to promote Under-18s such as midfielder James Waite, forward Mark Harris and right-back Cameron Coxe into the Under-23s side.

Warnock has picked Waite to travel with the first-team squad in recent weeks and he played in pre-season at Rotherham, but he's not yet been included in the matchday 18.

Coxe is a player many still have high hopes for at Cardiff. Still just 19, he made his first team debut in last season's League Cup defeat to Burton but hasn't featured since and may benefit from a loan move.

Harris broke into the first-team picture at the end of the 2016/17 season when a mid-table Cardiff had little to play for, but his progress stalled.

James Waite in action for Cardiff City Under-23s versus Watford (Image: Carl Robertson (@ciacIMAGES), Cardiff City FC.)
The Welshman joined Newport County on loan in the summer but hasn't started a league game for the Exiles since their 6-0 defeat by Yeovil in mid-September.

Others like former Leeds twins Jack and Paul McKay, Ibrahim Meite and Ciaron Brown — brought in from non-league — as well as Tyrone Duffus and Ogo Obi (formerly with other Premier League sides) have arrived to plug gaps, but between them none have made a league start for Cardiff.

Slow going then, but Warnock knew that when he began the clearout. The rewards are to come further down the line.

The reality

Cardiff City's Under-23s compete in the Professional Development League, which replaced the Under-21 Professional Development League 2 from 2016/17, bringing together 21 Under-23 sides from 'Category Two' academies.

The teams are split into two regional divisions with a national play-off deciding who is named overall champions.

The competition is one academy tier below Premier League Two where the 24 'Category One' academy clubs play — including Swansea City's successful Under-23 side — and there is no promotion or relegation.

Becoming a 'Category One' academy is the only way Cardiff's youngsters could rub shoulders with Manchester United, Man City, Liverpool et al.

Not that their form has been anything to write home about — perhaps an expected byproduct of the club's long-term approach.

The Bluebirds youngsters have been competing in the south division of PDL for the past two and a half seasons, finishing third in 2016/17 and ninth in 2017/18. They currently sit seventh with just six wins since February.

Why would we just put bums on seats costing us money when we had just cleared out better players than these two and look who's sons they are ? ? ?

But in the opinion of the Academy staff they were not better. We do not know the wages involved either. I can't imagine they are a lot more, if any. We needed bums on seats, as the article above states. That's why we had to sign somebody. It also says they were signed to plug a gap. This I can fully believe. And it even makes sense - as much as I'd have loved local young players. They just weren't there. That is what Warnock (including Bellamy) were trying to change... are trying to change!

Their father is of course the reason they are professional footballers and have a job. If my dad was a football agent there would be a greater chance I would too.

No I get that point.

Have we made out we don't know him? The media seem to be. The club and NW have stated they know him as an agent and someone necessary to conduct their business - as they would know many individuals. People are trying to make out that there is some sort of 'special relationship' with us and the McKays.

I don't know if that's the case. I'm not pretending to know ether way. I'm staying facts. Not opinions.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:40 am

Unsurprisingly nothing substantial has ever been reported about media darling Ole’s dealing regarding signing players for us from his agent and friends agency. Any other manager than Warnock and it would be swept under the rug by the media as I am fairly certain these things happen at the majority of clubs

Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:41 am

jimmy_rat wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

The exodus

The next Ramsey

The reality

No I get that point.

Have we made out we don't know him? The media seem to be. The club and NW have stated they know him as an agent and someone necessary to conduct their business - as they would know many individuals. People are trying to make out that there is some sort of 'special relationship' with us and the McKays.

I don't know if that's the case. I'm not pretending to know ether way. I'm staying facts. Not opinions.

:thumbright:

Ok lets hope that we are totally cleared of working with him before and knowing him well and that no one is corrupt with Mckay in our club as if they are then we won't look good at all.

But we need to look at all sides, all facts and as fans we have a right to have our opinions and ask questions :thumbright:

Thats all I care about us being Totally innocent and coming out good at the end of all this :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:50 am

Forever Blue wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

The exodus

The next Ramsey

The reality

No I get that point.

Ok lets hope that we are totally cleared of working with him before and knowing him well and that no one is corrupt with Mckay in our club as if they are then we won't look good at all.

But we need to look at all sides, all facts and as fans we have a right to have our opinions and ask questions :thumbright:

Thats all I care about us being Totally innocent and coming out good at the end of all this :bluebird: :bluebird:

Same! Well said.

And I have every faith our Boardroom is doing things correctly!

See you at Watford!

Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:56 am

jimmy_rat wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

The exodus

The next Ramsey

The reality

No I get that point.

Same! Well said.

And I have every faith our Boardroom is doing things correctly!

See you at Watford!

Flying back Tuesday morning for Cardiff v Everton :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:02 am

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:Something is wrong that is completely obvious.

Tony, I think it runs much deeper than just Emiliano Sala with Mckay and our club? ?

Warnock signed them

Yes Wez,I know that, but nothing get signed off unless Choo, Dalman or Tan are involved with any signings thats a fact.

Our favourite west ham fan says warnock has been doing a Malky and is going to be found out ,I take most things he says with a pinch of salt tho :lol:

Wez,

I am a massive massive Neil Warnock fan and was with Malky as well, but for me Warnock is up there with the best :thumbright: :thumbright:

Not having another manager blamed again, others from our club over see the managers transfers,paper work and sign it all off a fact.

Warnock will not become the scapegoat goat in my eyes.

I blame Mckay but also he has been dealing with our club for quite a while a long time before Emiliano Sala came on the scene.

I think warnock is the best manager we've ever had I hope he aint done anything wrong

Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:03 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Tony, I think it runs much deeper than just Emiliano Sala with Mckay and our club? ?

Warnock signed them

Yes Wez,I know that, but nothing get signed off unless Choo, Dalman or Tan are involved with any signings thats a fact.

Our favourite west ham fan says warnock has been doing a Malky and is going to be found out ,I take most things he says with a pinch of salt tho :lol:

Wez,

I am a massive massive Neil Warnock fan and was with Malky as well, but for me Warnock is up there with the best :thumbright: :thumbright:

Not having another manager blamed again, others from our club over see the managers transfers,paper work and sign it all off a fact.

Warnock will not become the scapegoat goat in my eyes.

I blame Mckay but also he has been dealing with our club for quite a while a long time before Emiliano Sala came on the scene.

I think warnock is the best manager we've ever had I hope he aint done anything wrong

Wez, for me Warnock is Cardiff City's BEST ever manager :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:16 am

Whether those McKay players are crap or not I don't believe there is anything illegal about signing them.

May seem dodgy but due to lack of regulation by F. A. and Fifa this thing is commonplace... I can start off with incidents of players asking for their siblings to be signed as part of the deal... So off the top of my head Hazard and Donnarumma of Milan have both done this...

The amount of things Ferguson, Redknapp and Allardyce have allegedly done over the years also make our case a bit like small fry!

Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:23 am

BrightBlueFuture wrote:Whether those McKay players are crap or not I don't believe there is anything illegal about signing them.

May seem dodgy but due to lack of regulation by F. A. and Fifa this thing is commonplace... I can start off with incidents of players asking for their siblings to be signed as part of the deal... So off the top of my head Hazard and Donnarumma of Milan have both done this...

The amount of things Ferguson, Redknapp and Allardyce have allegedly done over the years also make our case a bit like small fry!

mate, they were signed long long time before Sala

Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:32 am

Managers are usually linked up with an agent, I read a book about agents and usually the manager will get a cut and the manager persuades the players to join that agent. Not saying that's happened here but it does happen.
Obviously the players have been brought in as a thank you in some kind of deal.

Let's remember Puncheons pay me or play me remark. Which may have been nothing or could have been something.

I don't think the likes of Choo or Dalman would have paid much attentions to it considering all the good Warnock has done.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:36 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:
BrightBlueFuture wrote:Whether those McKay players are crap or not I don't believe there is anything illegal about signing them.

mate, they were signed long long time before Sala

he does not mention Sala, just tried to explain a few things.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:42 pm

castleblue wrote:I would have thought that as the McKay brothers were signed for the Academy then James McCarthy as Academy Manager would have had a say in this. When you consider that both these players were signed for the u23 after a 1 month trial then surely Andy Legg as U23 Manager would have had a say.

After NW took over as Manager I remember him saying that the club were looking to "Bolster" the U23 squad because to many of the players being used were u18 and that it wasn't good for them.

It may well be that NW has had some input but for me I cannot believe that the signing of Academy players, given the level of their wages, is something that VT has to sign off on. The annual budget for the academy yes but not players at u23.

If however an U23 player gets promoted to the first team squad then it will be likely that he will get a new contract, and a wage increase, but these players are nothing more than development players.

And they come and go a lot more often than many of us would think.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

people do favours and scratch backs and its gone on forever.

and yes players come and go frequently throughout the academy .

judging this thread and the ooh ahh about 10 leaving some of our fans would have nervous breakdowns if they knew the actual numbers.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:05 pm

dogfound wrote:
castleblue wrote:I would have thought that as the McKay brothers were signed for the Academy then James McCarthy as Academy Manager would have had a say in this. When you consider that both these players were signed for the u23 after a 1 month trial then surely Andy Legg as U23 Manager would have had a say.

After NW took over as Manager I remember him saying that the club were looking to "Bolster" the U23 squad because to many of the players being used were u18 and that it wasn't good for them.

It may well be that NW has had some input but for me I cannot believe that the signing of Academy players, given the level of their wages, is something that VT has to sign off on. The annual budget for the academy yes but not players at u23.

If however an U23 player gets promoted to the first team squad then it will be likely that he will get a new contract, and a wage increase, but these players are nothing more than development players.

judging this thread and the ooh ahh about 10 leaving some of our fans would have nervous breakdowns if they knew the actual numbers.

That's pretty much how I feel, it doesn't surprise me it happens but I think especially with old school managers its more common. I don't approve of it but I wont lose any sleep over it especially while Warnock is doing a good job.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:40 pm

I remember at the time it was said they were signed to flesh out our reserve team. They were never signed for the first team.

It was also said it would be handy having them at the club as they would be a link to an agent (their Dad).

Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:40 pm

Hope Tan is not being ripped off again.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:59 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
dogfound wrote:

That's pretty much how I feel, it doesn't surprise me it happens but I think especially with old school managers its more common. I don't approve of it but I wont lose any sleep over it especially while Warnock is doing a good job.

I am with you two, it really annoys me when our own fans try to dig dirt on the club, what the hell is that about ???

We've signed two boys from an influential agent, big deal every club in the League have dealings with agents, at Wolves he is one of the team with the owners and Manager and coaches, so what !!!!

We have enough outside press and fans trying to dig dirt without our own fans joining in and creating future stories for the press, I wonder what we will see tomorrow after they've read all this !!!!

Stick together Bluebirds this is a vital part of the season, concentrate on supporting the team not sticking the boot in, and casting aspersions :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:19 pm

Bluebina some will use anything to beat the club with and those wishing for the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth should be careful what they wish for.

Seems to me that this is another diversionary tactic from the main story which is who arranged the plane !!! Who really gives a f**k if Warnock had known Mackay for the last 50 years and give his sons a contract, that has absolutely NOTHING to do with anything.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:00 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Warnock signed them

Wez I heard the same and mentioned it on here and got an official warning from an admin.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:08 pm

JulesK wrote:Bluebina some will use anything to beat the club with and those wishing for the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth should be careful what they wish for.

Seems to me that this is another diversionary tactic from the main story which is who arranged the plane !!! Who really gives a f**k if Warnock had known Mackay for the last 50 years and give his sons a contract, that has absolutely NOTHING to do with anything.

Agree McKay is a c**t

Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:13 pm

wez1927 wrote:
JulesK wrote:Bluebina some will use anything to beat the club with and those wishing for the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth should be careful what they wish for.

Agree McKay is a c**t

No Wez , they are useful. :D

Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:37 pm

Spot on :thumbup:

Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:41 pm

This is what I am worried about for our club.

Mckay has already allowed his correspondence to be made public.
My worry is that there is more of a tie up between City and him than has been admitted and he knows he can dump us in the shit as well.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:03 pm

Football dealings are obviously dirty business. Jobs for the boys/favours for mates in return for good deals. That's how business works. If you honestly want these questions answered Annis then I have a feeling that (no names mentioned), one of our beloved own may be dragged into the dirt.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:12 pm

Unfortunately it seems this is just another chapter in our clubs chequered history
Its always the same we want to concentrate on the football side of the club and then boom some crisis or other rear's its head.the list is endless.

Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:25 pm

I took it with a pinch of salt when a father of one of the academy boys said that a few youth players coming in were completely out of their depth and it was a bit fishy. But it is starting to make sense and I'm worried ourselves and Warnock are going to be dragged right through this and come out looking very bad once again.